The online racing simulator
FZR - Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Concept Livery
I really liked the concept livery from when the 2017 911 RSR was officially unveiled. Could someone make an FZR skin out of that? I tried to do it myself but it turned out quite badly.

might pick this up in spare time, my kind of livery Big grin
Extremely fiddley, also the windscreen banner "PORSCHE" can only be laid that way, and it looks weird still...
Ratio of the stripes also don't quite fit in?

Very very work in progress.

you've got the shape wrong in the front at the moment
Aware of that. It's due to the FZR having a shorter headlight-to-radiator grill width. Can't curve it without it looking like a spearhead
the front of the car is a bit awkward in shape and the angle you picked is especially bad for accenting that, but still, it seems off, i gave it a quick shot:

Attached images
uno.JPG
due.JPG
Not really a easy skin to do... because the FZR has a longer front end and more square headlights. The stripes always end up in the wrong place Frown
(as in you can't "pull back" the orange stripe past the wheel fender without pulling the black part over the wheel as well, and then it'll look very different)

Might throw in the towel for this one because I have more projects on the pipeline :/
i might give it a shot then Smile
i gave it a shot and took some shots

Hot damn, that looks amazing! A 100% perfect replica is probably impossible on the FZR, but this looks way batter than anything I tried to come up with. Excellent work!
Quote from CozmicDragon :Hot damn, that looks amazing! A 100% perfect replica is probably impossible on the FZR, but this looks way batter than anything I tried to come up with. Excellent work!

The shape dose restrict angles from the original,The Porsche has more fender then the FZR which is why it cuts so early, I did my best in getting it as close as it could

Edit:and the bonnet has 2 more gills
try putting a shadow layer on it, looks kinda flat atm
love the use of straight lines there!
Is this skin finished? If it is, is it public?
Quote from henkkamamma :Is this skin finished? If it is, is it public?

The FZR skin was lost when my hard drive failed but i still have the FZ5
Quote from kof9076 :
Thought this may be helpful,though a little bit late Tilt
Made it as accurate as possible,the gills really took some time.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1930369#post1930369

the tri holes on the sides are missing so not really as accurate as possible, i'm not hating i'm just saying
plus like i said i lost the FZR so that is the only accurate one available at the moment
Quote from MKRYDR :the tri holes on the sides are missing so not really as accurate as possible, i'm not hating i'm just saying
plus like i said i lost the FZR so that is the only accurate one available at the moment

Well,that three are not holes,they are position indicating lights,1st place in each category with one light on,2nd with two on,3rd with three on ,that is really helpful for audience to know the rank in endurance racing.
I've thought about adding those lights and even the iconic door handle of 911,and there r lots of other parts can be put on,bodywork locks,fuel filler,etc.But finally,to make it clean, I just picked the gills on hood otherwise the hood looks too empty.

FZR - Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Concept Livery
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG