The online racing simulator
Simulator software not working [SOLVED]
Hi

Got sim software from X-simulator and works well with version 0.6P,
but not with version 0.6Q.
Has anyone of You experienced the same issue?

Meseplayer
Hi,

From your email to technical support:

Quote from Simtools :i think the problem is due to the process name that have change, simtools don't recognize the process name.

I've looked in the code and can't see anything like that has changed. I looked back as far as version N and the "class name" (LFS) and "window name" (Live for Speed) have not changed.

I'm not sure what is really meant by the "process name". When I look in task manager, the only thing I can see is "LFS.exe".

Have you renamed the exe? If so, try renaming it back to "LFS.exe".

It's really hard for me to understand what can have changed, as I don't know the software you are using, or what it does with a process name.
Hi

Just took a picture of screen where you can see:

Process name LFS,

Port Used 4123.

Can this be of help?

Meseplayer
Attached images
ScreenPicture.jpg
Sorry but it doesn't really help.

I would need to know what the "process name" was before and what it is now. I suppose that maybe Simtools would be the best to tell you this.

All I can say is that I can't find anything that has changed in Live for Speed. It must be for the developers of the external software to explain precisely why their software cannot connect to Live for Speed.

Can you consider what you have changed?
As I asked before, have you changed the name of LFS.exe?
Are you running LFS in a different folder?
If so, have you tried using the cfg.txt from the folder that works?
Hi.

Just had a look at the cfg.txt files, and I can´t see much difference between them. Is it ok to switch the cfg.txt files, did you mean that?

About the name, I can´t seem to be able to rename the path in simtools, it´s LFS.

I have a folder, LFS (contains lfs.exe) that works well with simtools, I belive it´s the version P, the versions Q or R are in different folders, but I tried to switch all the files in the folders so that the LFS folder had Q files, LFS works well but not simtools..., switched back, also simtools works like before...Can it be a computer registry issue?? Should I install the Q version "on top" of the P version, like in upgrading to version Q..??
The risk with this, when no one knows the reason for this, is that everything stops working. As for now I have a version that works, it´s an older one, but I can live with this.

Meseplayer
Hi

Just did as You said "using the cfg.txt from the folder that works"
and man, it did the trick! The sim software works with version R.

Thanks,

Meseplayer
Hi

Have to look at the cfg,txt file again, maybe it was OFF in version R, and ON in version P, and changing the cfg file made it connect to sim software...

Meseplayer
-
(Jatimc) DELETED by Scawen : spam
Good to hear you found the solution!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG