The online racing simulator
Can we change F keys without using game interface?
The file is data/misc/fkeys.msg.
Can I change F keys without using the game?
I mean, its obvious you can open it with a text editor.
But if I change something, everything goes default.

Any ideas?
It is a binary file. If you save the file with a text-editor then it will be in wrong format and LFS can not read it anymore.
I tried to edit fkeys.msg with hexeditor, seemed to work.
If you do not have one install try with https://hexed.it/ (works in browser)
Quote from Gutholz :It is a binary file. If you save the file with a text-editor then it will be in wrong format and LFS can not read it anymore.
I tried to edit fkeys.msg with hexeditor, seemed to work.
If you do not have one install try with https://hexed.it/ (works in browser)

It works, but I cant copy/paste specific symbols used in LFS. Only text edits.

Any suggestions?

p.s. Just for an example. Lets say I want to add this in F keys:
(⊙ン⊙)
I doubt that will work.
LFS probally has its own list of useable characters (that is how it has all those strange/foreign extra symbols in the first place) but adding external ones like that is not possible. LFS does not 'know' those characters.
Other way around it would not work either, eg copying chinese (?) characters from LFS into a text-editor that does not support chinese.
Quote from Gutholz :I doubt that will work.
LFS probally has its own list of useable characters (that is how it has all those strange/foreign extra symbols in the first place) but adding external ones like that is not possible. LFS does not 'know' those characters.
Other way around it would not work either, eg copying chinese (?) characters from LFS into a text-editor that does not support chinese.

Your probably right. But what I actually wanted to do is:
Copy symbols from LFS Remote(from one host) and add them in game, external from fkeys.
Because when I paste ingame, it gives me ???? or something else, I forgot.
But I managed to get symbols ingame and paste them in my game.
Of course, if you figure a way or something useful, please reply it here.
It might be useful for us and someone in future.
I think it gives ??? because the windows copy/paste does not know those symbols.
It worked for me with some chars (like the arrows) but not the japanese signs.
Hm, when one copies japanese symbols from LFS-remote then it works to paste them into other windows applications. ク But pasting into LFS gives "??"

When you copy-paste within LFS then it works, too. (the japanese signs too) (for example copy someone's chat and paste it as your F-key message)

Can we change F keys without using game interface?
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG