The online racing simulator
Couple of Suggestions
(4 posts, started )
Couple of Suggestions
Well, after 7 years of playing LFS (yes, I had an account before this one (mekhon), but long story. TL;DR at the end) I thought of a few suggestions that could improve LFS.

1º- Sub-Folder system for skins and setups:
What is this? As the title says, a sub-folder system for skins and setups, where in the specified folders you create a new folder to put setups, like for example, you have setups for different tracks, so you could create folders like:
setups>Blackwood
setups>Kyoto
setups>Rockingham
setups>Random
And so on. And when you go ingame, on the setup list it would show these folders with an arrow next to it, so you can extend/collapse it according to what setups/skins you need.
Example: (See Attached Screenshot)

Repeat the same for skins. So for example, you can have multiple folders for different skins, with an arrow to expand/collapse it:
skins>Kits
skins>WIP
skins>Stock cars
skins>DEFAULT skins
And so on. Refer to the attached image, but for skins.

2º- Pre-heat tires in Pits, like in Hotlap mode:
Im not sure about this idea tbh, but gonna put it either way (Im sure there are 1000 threads that suggest the same). Again useful for Racing. And ofc a drifter would find this useful.

3º- Better replay system
Well, as discussed before on another thread, the current replay system is actually good, but at the same time it could be improved. Mostly concerning FastForward and Rewind, but I'd guess FF is slow because of ¿physics calculation?. Correct me if wrong.

4º- A proper Introduction Tutorial
Well, I guess that many people would agree with this. LFS lacks a good starting introduction tutorial. The actual tutorial is just select a language, create a driver, name it, grab XFG with default setup, enter Blackwood and off you go.
Yes, you have LFSManual. But how many newcomers really read it? I include myself on this one tho. I haven't read it, but all I know I learned all by myself and with practice. Or how many newcomers even bother to practice/experiment?. A setup won't make someone make a good lap if they don't know how to drive the car.
In my experience, I suck with FWD, but have a better driving with RWD. And how could I improve my FWD driving? By practicing and doing laps. Doesn't matter what lap time I get, the important thing is to learn how the car handles and behaves, find the advantages and disadvantages of that car and take advantage of that.
NOTE:
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Ye ofc there is the Driving School which I forgot to mention, but the thing is that the Tutorial should redirect newcomers to pass the Driving School for example pass the DEMO DS lessons when opening the sim for the first time to access the track (BL and its respective configurations), and then when the player buys either S1, S2 or S3 it should be totally optional and up to the player to continue it or not. But also LFS stands out for its really open-to-you gameplay. Like where in a few games you need X to access Y and drive Z; where here its just select a car, a track, and even open configurations and edit them with the layout editor to recreate real tracks, or just go mad with the objects.

21-03-2017 Forgot to add it Tilt
5º- Possibility to skin Windows and Lights -Ik that this have been suggested a few times-
What this means isn't just editing XX_interior1 to get different lights, but the possibility to have like a layer above of these lights, so for example, you could have a play with them f.e. cover completely a headlight, or make the "Angry Headlights" -they look ugly on some cars imo-. Or make "broken" like lights, and have default lights and with this layer above, even replicate real life cars lights.
And for windows, well, either cover them completely, add decals/stickers either ricer like or like IRL racing cars ( http://losandes.com.ar/files/image/2006/10/4/149160.jpg -Its exagerated with the front window visor, but you get the idea for the rest of the windows. Also note the number 1 on the headlights-).
Or even make ads for the back window ( https://beachhousegraphics.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/orlando-jacksonville-window-sticker-see-through-window-ad-vinyl-window-glass-sticker-car-advertising-1.jpg ), or make more complicated and better looking skins with decals going through the windows ( http://budgettruckandauto.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/brewers.jpg ).
The disadvantage I see is that covering the back window f.e. would block any type of view, and knowing LFS that would end up bad. But other than that, I don't see anything wrong.

I will be posting more ideas if I think of.

Note: I was also thinking to add Mod Support, but would be better for LFS to wait until the devs think its the finished stage to include Mod Support.
Imagine a race with Daihatsu Midgets, or Reliant Robins Omg omg omg

TL;DR: Had to create another account, first I Forgot Password, and a guy was following me to every server I went just to crash me with ghost mod.
Attached images
Screenshot 1.png
#2 - BeNoM
Suggestion number 2 is already possible with tweaks Smile
Quote : The actual tutorial is just select a language, create a driver, name it, grab XFG with default setup, enter Blackwood and off you go.

Well there is the "Driving School" which is a bit more, with lessons and driving slalom around cones and stuff.
I think there are diffent starting-points depending on experience.
Absolutely no idea how to drive: there is the parking lot where you can just drive in wide circles or so.
And from there one can step up to driving school / singleplayer / multiplayer etc
Quote from Gutholz :Well there is the "Driving School" which is a bit more, with lessons and driving slalom around cones and stuff.
I think there are diffent starting-points depending on experience.
Absolutely no idea how to drive: there is the parking lot where you can just drive in wide circles or so.
And from there one can step up to driving school / singleplayer / multiplayer etc

Ye ofc there is the Driving School which I forgot to mention, but the thing is that the Tutorial should redirect newcomers to pass the Driving School for example pass the DEMO DS lessons when opening the sim for the first time to access the track (BL and its respective configurations), and then when the player buys either S1, S2 or S3 it should be totally optional and up to the player to continue it or not. But also LFS stands out for its really open-to-you gameplay. Like where in a few games you need X to access Y and drive Z; where here its just select a car, a track, and even open configurations and edit them with the layout editor to recreate real tracks, or just go mad with the objects.

Couple of Suggestions
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG