The online racing simulator
Oculus Rift CV1
(19 posts, started )
Oculus Rift CV1
I am looking forward to geht my Oculus Rift CV1 within the next 3 days Big grin
As I am reading in the AC-forum with what to deal to get the rift to run properly I did not find an intense thread like this here for LFS.
Is everything smooth and easy, or some things to care of?

Greetz
Der Abt
I only have the DK2, but it really was as easy as plug'n'play.

Make sure your Rift is plugged in properly, Start LFS, go to Options/view, select 3D, select Oculus VR, sit comfortably in your driving position and click the first option (can't remember what it says off the top of my head - use tracking, something, something...). You're in. Go play.

As far as VR experiences go, there's not many that beat LFS for instant gratification.

Enjoy Smile
Waiting for the parcel service within the next hour... Na-na
Quote from Der Abt :I am looking forward to geht my Oculus Rift CV1 within the next 3 days Big grin
As I am reading in the AC-forum with what to deal to get the rift to run properly I did not find an intense thread like this here for LFS.
Is everything smooth and easy, or some things to care of?

Greetz
Der Abt

id assume it would be easy for CV! as its easy enough to get running on the DK1 still using an older .dll file and sdk 8.0. As others have said its pretty much plug and play.
I hope to have a CV1 within the coming months

have fun
It's undescribable!
Amazing!
Big grin Big grin Big grin
Another satisfied customer Thumbs up
Did we reach ten already? Taped Shut Cool
Guys ! I'm sorry that I text without searching enought on the internet ... But I am trying to run a dk1 here and I need help :/ How and what do I need to get it running for lfs ! I'm Haze from Tofu Smile I want to go next stage drifting ! Sorry again , but I'm really starting to get nervous with this headset .
Quote from ULTIMATE SUPRA 2JZ GTE :Guys ! I'm sorry that I text without searching enought on the internet ... But I am trying to run a dk1 here and I need help :/ How and what do I need to get it running for lfs ! I'm Haze from Tofu Smile I want to go next stage drifting ! Sorry again , but I'm really starting to get nervous with this headset .

This might help you out: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89572
It looks like you need the 0.8 runtime and you need to paste the LFSRiftVR.dll that Scawen provided in the dll folder of LFS.
I haven't played LFS for a few years.
got a Rift CV1 a few months ago.
thought I would give LFS another go.
Amazed at how much better it is in VR.
sliding will never be the same!
Quote from peter-reebok :I haven't played LFS for a few years.
got a Rift CV1 a few months ago.
thought I would give LFS another go.
Amazed at how much better it is in VR.
sliding will never be the same!

I love racing in VR, its an amazing experience and hope you have as much fun as i have Smile
Same here guys. Once you get used to race in VR it's hard to go back starring at a monitor screen.
I have many doubt VR in it's current form will gain a substantial market share but when it comes to racing sims/flying sims, we are being so spoiled with it.
These teleporting shooters won't help VR for long and makes it looks like a wii-mote gimmick that is fun for a few times only. I'm still amazed no developers made a first person game using a wheel-chair as an excuse to be seated, thus taking away the jumping and all the stuffs that gives motion sickness. There's just something wrong that gives me instant headache if I press a button to move around while my body can move around as well. Some people cope away with it but from what I've read, most people don't and it seems logical.

If you are new to VR and searching for some nice experience, give a try to Lunar Flight and Lucky's Tale. Even google earth vr is amazing with it.
i agree, my most enjoyable usage is currently within racing sim's along with Microsoft Flight Sim and one or two horror games. Just for LFS and the other racing sims its worth it for me Smile
For full immersion, I have to recommend Elite: Dangerous. It's a beautiful looking game (if you have the hardware to run it), and it's one of the few games I've played that gave me a mild feeling of sadness when I had to take the headset off and return to reality.
Quote from Shirtkicker :For full immersion, I have to recommend Elite: Dangerous. It's a beautiful looking game (if you have the hardware to run it), and it's one of the few games I've played that gave me a mild feeling of sadness when I had to take the headset off and return to reality.

I have noticed people recommending elite dangerous in every forum i go to,i will have to give it a try Smile
Did you get touch controllers with your CV1? I have to say, it's a huge changeup over using an xbox controller. If you haven't already, I highly recommend you get a set. They're incredible.
I found some more games and though I could share them with you all.

If you've been into arcade racing games such as Wipeout in the 90s, know there is a tribute to this game on Steam called BallisticNG and it now supports VR (by right clicking properties and choosing the Beta tab). It's just been released and I love it so far so I highly recommend it. Workshop is supported as well and there's some pretty neat tracks & vehicules to get there. If you're into this there's Redout as well but I honestly prefer BNG (less woobling in the gameplay).

I found Spa 1967 for Assetto Corsa so I'm pretty hocked with the Lotus 25 although the AI is pretty dumb for a change. Still it's an amazing experience in vr even with a g27.

My niece asked me for some good old survival Minecraft on a server so I gave it a chance in VR with the Vivecraft mod (compatible with the Touch!) and even Minecraft is great in vr.. once you get a hang of the controls with the touch controllers that is.

Keep talking and nobody explodes is pretty fun as well with friends. You need to print a manual (about 30 pages) for this one.

I pitch you this reddit page who names a few games: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/7ixfm0/list_of_vr_mods/

Among the games are Jedi Outcast & Academy, Alien Isolation, RBR, Gamecube's DolphinVR emulator & PS2 counterpart PCSX2 with SBS plugin (although not fully VR for this one, you need Bigscreen or equivalent).

The Jedi games made me dizzy a little so I'm not sure I'd recommend them for a long exposure.

Alright, that pretty much covers it for now. Hope some of you discover some new games here.

Oculus Rift CV1
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG