The online racing simulator
XRG unknown gauge
(18 posts, started )
XRG unknown gauge
Hello,does anyone know what this gauge is for,the one next to the temperature gauge?
Attached images
IMG_20170304_172905.jpg
It'll sound stupid but, if you pay attention to the FPS on the top-left corner and look at that gauge you'll notice they'll have the same number right?

If you still haven't got there its simply an FPS gauge measuring Frames Per Second Big grin
That shows your frames per second. It is what the devs came up to fill that spot.

Quote from Daniel564 :It'll sound stupid but, if you pay attention to the FPS on the top-left corner and look at that gauge you'll notice they'll have the same number right?

If you still haven't got there its simply an FPS gauge measuring Frames Per Second Big grin

Damn Daniel!
Thanks guys! Big grin
While this topic is still alive, I'll quickly ask.. What about the temp. gauge? How does it work etc? Haven't still figured this out.. xD
Maybe CPU temp.? Dunno Big grin
I dont think that engines have a changing temperature,it's constant.
Having a changing temperature would be nice.
Lets say I managed to get +8% engine damage, the heat would go up.

+1 for this.

EDIT: ah yea, MicroS! xD
Ever so slowly turning into a Improvement suggestion thread Rofl
Quote from kristofferandersen :Having a changing temperature would be nice.
Lets say I managed to get +8% engine damage, the heat would go up.

+1 for this.

EDIT: ah yea, MicroS! xD

Or revving high for a long period of time the heat would go up, damage doesn't relate to heating really, if you're talking about overrevving...hm... idk the max accidental overreving can do is to cause a collision between the valves and pistons + engine damage and a little of heat...? o.o either way not a bad suggestion at all.

Its Funny that the oil gauges works cuz more revs, more oil is used to spray around the engine components HAH, but not the temp one because its a little complex to get it working exactly on software (<_>)

@MicroSV indeed I feel its turning into an suggestion thread, ecks deee
I never noticed this FPS gauge .i feels so stupid when i down FPS limiter and "temperature gauge" down at same time, before i do that very times for FPS run more stable, do not listen desktop/laptop screaming,etc...always i learn something new on this simracing. Smile
Quote from hypnozizz :While this topic is still alive, I'll quickly ask.. What about the temp. gauge? How does it work etc? Haven't still figured this out.. xD

Well the engine can be damaged, so maybe it's that?
"We rely on temperature gauges to tell us the conditions inside the engine's cooling system, naturally assuming that the readings are accurate.

A Bourdon Tube is a thin metal — usually brass or copper — tube that is filled with an easily vaporized fluid, typically alcohol. It is sealed at both ends. At the gauge end it is formed into a circle or spiral with its end attached to the indicating needle by some form of linkage. The other end is fitted to a water-tight connector that is in direct contact with the coolant in the engine.

As the coolant warms up the alcohol in the Bourdon tube expands. The expansion transfers its force to the coiled end of the tube inside the gauge. As the coil or spiral unwinds it pulls the linkage on the needle, which in turn shows a temperature reading on the gauge face. The gauges are calibrated during the manufacturing stage and are not adjustable afterward.

Basically, an electric temperature gauge is a voltmeter. The scale on the gauge face is reading temperature but the instrument itself is reading voltage. The gauge itself is comprised of a bimetallic (two different metals fastened together) "hairpin" assembly. This assembly is attached to the needle.

The gauge requires an electric circuit and a sending unit in order to read temperature. The sending unit is a temperature-sensitive material that is part of a variable resistance, water-sealed unit that sits in the coolant stream in the engine. As the engine warms up the resistance in the sending unit is lowered gradually until the system reaches maximum heat. The sending unit is the "ground" portion of the circuit.

In the completed circuit the battery voltage passes from one side of the gauge, through the bimetallic spring and onward to the sending unit, which is grounded to the engine. When the engine is cold the resistance is high, so little current passes through the gauge. This small current doesn't heat up the bimetallic spring, so the gauge reads a low temperature. As the engine warms and the sending unit's resistance lowers more current passes through the gauge and the needle reads higher and higher because the bimetallic spring expands further."

The good news is that LFS uses neither of these systems, the temp gauge shown in all the cars is pointless as it doesn't work. Smile
yes ok
@Racer X NZ o.0 and I learnt one more thing xD

Indeed, its just a stuck needle :v

XRG unknown gauge
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG