The online racing simulator
#1 - lucaf
How to delete a big amount of objects in a layout?
How to delete a big amount of objects in a layout? I have 2000 objects, want to delete 1000 of them. Is there any way I could select an area of objects to be deleted at once?
do as I do, simply one by one
#3 - lucaf
Yes, would be nice if i could draw a square with mouse around all objects i want to delete. But good to know how you do - if LayoutMaster deletes them one by one, then there is no other solution Big grin
The only thing you can do for now is ctrl+left click selecting objects (max 30). But ye, an easier way to delete objects would be good.
Zoom out until you see your cluster of orange dots are closer together (the ones you want to delete!)
Then, click and delete quickly, like spam alternate click both. You will clear them quicker. You might miss a few, but no harm done. I find this quicker, but you can also do Ctrl + Left click and select them one by one, then delete as a 30 object piece.

And yes, an easier way to delete multiple objects would be nice. Maybe something like placing your cursor on an area and left click dragging to make a dotted box around, and everything inside that box will be deleted? Something like windows desktop and the left click drag box.
#6 - lucaf
Quote from MicroSpecV :Zoom out until you see your cluster of orange dots are closer together (the ones you want to delete!)
Then, click and delete quickly, like spam alternate click both. You will clear them quicker.

Yes I also found this technique a little bit less painful Smile

At least I have to say I love LFS Lazy's Layouteditor and its merge-functionality (even its another story and doesnt make object deleting easier)
I still build my layouts without any 3rd party sofrwares
I used to build with clavico,but now I don't need it,since object merging is supported by LFS already.

On topic - zoom out and click/delete smashing works best for me too...
Quote from Eclipsed :I used to build with clavico,but now I don't need it,since object merging is supported by LFS already.

On topic - zoom out and click/delete smashing works best for me too...

Yup, works best especially if you have a cluster of objects close together, zoom all the way up until the dots merge and bombs away. Ctrl + mass select is slower and sometimes can cause raging if you accidently let go of the ctrl - everything gets mass deselected Rofl

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG