The online racing simulator
#1 - BeNoM
Youtube vlogger (Adam LZ - 1.5million subs) plays Live For Speed

Skip to 4:35
Good to see!

I always think LFS isn't well known enough in the USA.
It's probably due to the lack of popularity with manual gearboxes, lightweight sports-cars and circuit racing in general?

That might change in the next few years now that the Americans have bought Formula One. If they can go to town on that like they do for oval racing and some of their other sports, it's going to be great, and might spark a fresh interest in circuit racing. Particularly if Haas F1 start slowly climbing up the ranks.

It's interesting he went straight to drifting in the game, I guess that is popular there. I also think it shouldn't be sniffed at (it hasn't) and should be catered for (it has to some extent).
If LFS is about simulating all manner of different cars, then it should naturally follow that it would simulate well all the different things people do with them for fun.

One of the things I love about LFS is how it's quite a sandbox game, rather than a Formula 1 simulator that you can only do set Formula 1 things in. Or a Rally game, where you can only do rally things. Or some kind of autocross/drifting game that feels awful because the developers have gone straight into trying to approximate how drifting feels, without it being an emergent feature of some reasonably solid physics/tyre engine underneath.

Whether you're circuit racing, oval racing, drag racing, autotesting, drifting, rallying or having a car chase around an open config, we're all essentially doing nothing but having fun with cars, and learning/refining skills at the same time.
Making a more accurate physics model, adding more cars, more tracks, simulating more conditions etc, adds to and upgrades all these different ways of enjoying cars for everyone, no matter what they bought the game for. That LFS can handle drifting so well, despite not having it designed in, is a testament to how well it has been made. Same goes for driving on two wheels etc.

Maybe once S3 is more mature, there should be a new trailer made that emphasises that the game really is a sandbox that isn't just hard-coded to simulating one narrow way of driving and enjoying cars.
I'd love to see a Race of Champions style track in there for example.

Embracing it as a drifting game as much as it is a racing one would be a good thing to gain interest in new areas that perhaps the game hasn't sold well yet. It takes absolutely nothing away from the racing side of the game. If anything, it shows how dynamic and consistent a world it is you get to drive and race in.
Never heard of it. The guy in this case, the sim does ring a bell.

I still don't understand why so many people watch this... Although my experience is that a lot of 7 - 12 year old children do. Must be some next generation thing.
Quote from cargame.nl :Never heard of it. The guy in this case, the sim does ring a bell.

I still don't understand why so many people watch this... Although my experience is that a lot of 7 - 12 year old children do. Must be some next generation thing.

Hm? He does BMX and drifting and he's currently building a 2jz. What's not to like about it?
#6 - BeNoM
What Dave said is right, most of these vloggers are mostly followed by children and teens. Especially ones that vlog about cars, like this dude.

I don't really watch his content, but he's a pretty good BMX rider so I sometimes check out his BMX vids.
Quote :It's interesting he went straight to drifting in the game, I guess that is popular there. I also think it shouldn't be sniffed at (it hasn't) and should be catered for (it has to some extent).

I think drifting is popular because there is always something happening. In a race there are sometimes calm periods and that makes for less exciting videos. For youtubers/streamers that matters even more than for players because they have to keep the attention of their viewers.
There is also less commitment needed because you do not need to wait for the race to restart (if you crashed) and you can take breaks at any time to chat or whatever..

Quote :I'd love to see a Race of Champions style track in there for example.

RoC-style tourneys have been done and layouts are somewhere in forum. With the new(ish) concrete parts there can now be proper bridges for the crossing too. A RoC-server with insim might be cool. Some system where the winner stays until he loses a race, then he is replaced by new driver.
#8 - Racon
I've been watching Adam for around 5 months now, he's great. Its become like a daily thing to come home for lunch and just watch his vlogs.
Quote from Scawen :Good to see!

I always think LFS isn't well known enough in the USA.

This American appreciates your work. Thumbs up The lessons learned in LFS helped me immensely once I moved on to racing motorbikes.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG