The online racing simulator
0.6R Car Physics changes(?)
(94 posts, started )
... this is what we get, a drifter kids trying to proof their knowledge. Once again THIS IS LFS simulator. Go back to need for speed forum. BY!!
How that comment was relevant anywhere anyway?
Why don't you make those videos with steering input and pedal input, then i will believe that you are using the same driving style.
Quote from Abone :PS:I think his problem is a vob mods he use, mods allready feels fake in comparation with original vob.

Well that was completely random...

1. In his video he was using stock LFS LX lol

2. VOB mods don't change physics, but ok...
taipalsaari: You seem to not want to be disproven. There are several parallels to bad science that I can see here:

You refuse to provide any other evidence other than that which supports your claim.
If you seriously wanted 'peer-review', you would provide spr replay files so that others could see your actual telemetry.

You personally attack people who tell you that you don't know what you are doing.
If your argument had any validity, you wouldn't need to discredit others.

When you have been given a definitive answer, you try to find loopholes, even when there aren't any.
The "you haven't provided me with enough details" argument is invalid when your question is generalised and basic in nature.

You have been given a simple answer to your simple question: Have there been any changes to the physics? Answer: No. Full stop. That's it. No further discussion needed.

If I were you, I'd simply admit that there was a possibility that I was simply having an off-day or I was a bit tired, and move on to let this thread die quietly.

As it stands, you have thoroughly embarrassed yourself, and there is a good chance that nothing you have to say on this forum will ever be taken seriously again.
Quote from BeNoM :Well that was completely random...

1. In his video he was using stock LX with Nardi steering wheel lol

2. i don't saying VOB mods change physics, but ok...
Quote from Shirtkicker :taipalsaari: You seem to not want to be disproven. There are several parallels to bad science that I can see here:

You refuse to provide any other evidence other than that which supports your claim.
If you seriously wanted 'peer-review', you would provide spr replay files so that others could see your actual telemetry.

You personally attack people who tell you that you don't know what you are doing.
If your argument had any validity, you wouldn't need to discredit others.

When you have been given a definitive answer, you try to find loopholes, even when there aren't any.
The "you haven't provided me with enough details" argument is invalid when your question is generalised and basic in nature.

You have been given a simple answer to your simple question: Have there been any changes to the physics? Answer: No. Full stop. That's it. No further discussion needed.

If I were you, I'd simply admit that there was a possibility that I was simply having an off-day or I was a bit tired, and move on to let this thread die quietly.

As it stands, you have thoroughly embarrassed yourself, and there is a good chance that nothing you have to say on this forum will ever be taken seriously again.

Splendid Vim! Once again the nail in the coffin.
And judging by the fact he couldn't be bothered to show pedal and steering inputs just tells me he's pointing and steering the car differently to make it seem that the handling has changed.
I don't see any reason why to be so harsh on him, or request ban, or closing the topic, etc... whatever, he can believe anything he can.

Actually he may even experience something "different" by feel, I can for example imagine he did tune the sounds in older version a bit, and maybe he's driving so much "by sound", that he does push over with default R sound, etc... In a world of software there are many weird things happening from time to time.

But what should be easy to verify is, that the same input leads to the same output. Looks like he doesn't want to accept even that, not sure why he doesn't try with replays. Maybe watching replay in R would even give him clue, what feels different.

Should I be bothered, angry or call for a ban? For this? It's funny. Let him be, he's amusing, and doesn't deserve this hostile tone.

And there may be some subtle real reason why he's giving R different inputs. Although it may easily be also just placebo, it's powerful thing, if you believe into something.
Quote from Ped7g :I don't see any reason why to be so harsh on him, or request ban, or closing the topic, etc... whatever, he can believe anything he can.

Actually he may even experience something "different" by feel, I can for example imagine he did tune the sounds in older version a bit, and maybe he's driving so much "by sound", that he does push over with default R sound, etc... In a world of software there are many weird things happening from time to time.

But what should be easy to verify is, that the same input leads to the same output. Looks like he doesn't want to accept even that, not sure why he doesn't try with replays. Maybe watching replay in R would even give him clue, what feels different.

Should I be bothered, angry or call for a ban? For this? It's funny. Let him be, he's amusing, and doesn't deserve this hostile tone.

And there may be some subtle real reason why he's giving R different inputs. Although it may easily be also just placebo, it's powerful thing, if you believe into something.

Yup, placebo is something to behold...

And I race, drift by total feel, and I don't "feel" any difference. More to the point, I'm a mouse user too and I feel no difference.
And if you (Taipal) do feel difference, like I said earlier, if you possess even 10% of the qualities if a good racer or drifter you would be able to adapt and change your driving style to suit the handling characteristics. If not you're better being Bill Oddie's coffin.
Quote from Ped7g :I don't see any reason why to be so harsh on him, or request ban, or closing the topic, etc... whatever, he can believe anything he can.

really? He put words in people's mouths and called us ignorante...I ask for Scawen just close Thread,because the only way here is talking the same thing again, again and again...

And he saying that:

Quote from taipalsaari :lmao @abone trying so hard to get me banned cus he cant come up with a proper argument

i already gave u proof and all my request was to get this fixed cus its annoying for mouse users.
whatever, I got my answer now.You guys are clearly all just ignorant.

pls close

serious?

is normal read this comment after so many answers?

come on, man,he got time enough for understand.
Just placebo effect, there's no change. Iz the same. gg
here is what i said before in this topic:

(you have to wait a sec, it's a GIF)
http://i.imgur.com/RIPV6iB.gif

same setup, different lfs versions

in 0.6m you have ~-1,5 negative camber at front tires , and in 0.6r about -1,2, rear alignment also changed a bit

sorry for not using english, here are names of those parameters as they are on the screen (from top to bottom)

camber
inclination
caster
scrub

no fuel and no driver included in both tries
After some test I know how it happens. When you changed setup, click drop ,etc..... negative camber is not the same in garage, maybe a bug? i dont know to be honest.
you no need different version to do that, step 1 - go game select hardtrack setup, left garagem and close game. step 2 - open same game, join in garage(car and setup is automaticly selected by LFS) and just click in "ON" for show suspension and watching camber. after that do not left garage ,changed setup and select hardtrack setup again, camber is not the same anymore.you can click drop 10000000times ,camber never goes for real camber, i mean -1.17

i use LFS0.6R

Smile
Attached images
drop test.jpg
drop test2.jpg
so is it just a thing in pits and once we are spawned on track it is all as it was set in setup?
Quote from Jedruss :so is it just a thing in pits and once we are spawned on track it is all as it was set in setup?

yes.

That happen because car moving when you changed setup,etc...
but happen the same in tracks, if you press shift + L when you running ,you can watching your suspension working. Smile
Here is another experiment:
In setup screen I enabled suspension-view. (car: Fz5)
Then moved the "ride height" at rear between maximum and minium and watched the rear camber.
(camber changes with ride height)
One would expect that camber is always the same, but it is not. There can be differences of +-0,5°

I think maybe it is because the garage runs the same physics as on track:
When the suspension geometry gets changed, the tires on the ground move or deform.
But because there is some friction between tires/ground, sometimes the tires slide or deform slightly different (depending how much/fast suspension geometry changes) and then the displayed values are slightly off.

You can even "hop" the car around in the garage like a low-rider until it is not centered in screen anymore. If you "hop" it even harder then the suspension breaks..and the damage does not get repaired if you change setup. See screenshot, Fz5 with unchangable default setup that is way too low at rear because of broken suspension. and not centered because of "hopping."
Attached images
fz5garage.jpg
Gutholz, nice one.
omg,is crazy how camber changed in FZ5, i never noticed before.

Smile
Abone: "He put words in people's mouths and called us ignorante" ...

Yeah, the point is, that I *am* ignorant, so I ignore him and don't let him disturb my mood. Smile I wrote him the best answer I could, rest is up to him. If he wants to insist that something did change, he can, as much as he wants. If you are bothered by it, consider being ignorant too. Smile

Also as you can see, there may be even something valid going on, really affecting his game, be it maybe something about setup or some weird SW issue... It's very unlikely, but possible.
Ped7g i understand your irony now, in some thing he are right "my english is no good at all" .
im not bothered by it, i just have a lot patience with him waiting some sense for help him.

0.6R Car Physics changes(?)
(94 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG