The online racing simulator
anyone else run LFS on a motion platform?
I'm no sim nut, but have a Next Level Racing V3 2DOF Motion Platform and interested in contacting others with similar interests.
ah thanks sorry I am at work and was unable to post links etc.
I currently use a few GT Omega ART cockpits.
I have been looking for something small that can be added to my existing cockpit frame, to provide "just enough" motion, for bumps and vibrations curbs etc... and then maybe a little more motion if it can.

I do not like the concept of the chair moving separately from the wheel... and would even prefer the monitor to be moving as well. Even though that is tricky to keep it from wobbling.

I saw videos of a simple 3 point system, with only 2 actuators, from PlaySeat that might be adaptable since the front end just rests on the actuators, while the back rests on a rocker-point, but never heard any more about it.

Cost is the biggest issue with these, some of them cost as much if not more than an actual race car.
yes I only use VR so the monitor doesn't matter.

I agree that the whole 'car' moving is better, but having the front frame fixed actually makes for some great g-force simulation i.e on crashing etc.
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :Cost is the biggest issue with these, some of them cost as much if not more than an actual race car.

I dunno, LFS has a BMW Sauber F1 Wink
What, you mean like this?

there's some serious money right there!
Yep, Those are mine.. So, contact established Smile
I would love one of these, but NZ$5000 Looking

And people were saying VR was too expensive Big grin

I need a sponsor...
Anyone know how much can i get for healthy kidney, and maybe even one lung? Are lungs sellable? Uhmm
sorry but gotta ask...u got such an expensive item, yet u are demo racer? Big grin
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :sorry but gotta ask...u got such an expensive item, yet u are demo racer? Big grin

I have commercial S3 license now mate, just used the demo to make sure it was fit for purpose, which it is! I have no idea why the forum hasnt updated it etc and no idea how to.
It may be the commercial is not visible on your particular personal user. Don't mind the guys here, they sometimes have a bit of jump start Wink.
Quote from Ped7g :It may be the commercial is not visible on your particular personal user. Don't mind the guys here, they sometimes have a bit of jump start Wink.

yeah no worries i'm easy.
I have commercial as well, they had to manually change it to S3.

Is anyone making money selling races in a cockpit, or multiple, with LFS?
Trying to convince myself to go all in, on some floor space to setup a simulator "store". But I keep feeling like people would rather just download a game and play it at home, or may feel they have a Play Station and do not need to play.

I found a place that may provide customers from a captive audience and foot traffic, but the price per foot is not cheap...
Quote from Ped7g :It may be the commercial is not visible on your particular personal user. Don't mind the guys here, they sometimes have a bit of jump start Wink.

this wasnt meant to be an accusion, i was just wondering Tongue
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :I have commercial as well, they had to manually change it to S3.

Is anyone making money selling races in a cockpit, or multiple, with LFS?
Trying to convince myself to go all in, on some floor space to setup a simulator "store". But I keep feeling like people would rather just download a game and play it at home, or may feel they have a Play Station and do not need to play.

I found a place that may provide customers from a captive audience and foot traffic, but the price per foot is not cheap...

There's some that make money and plenty that go bust.............usual business rules apply!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG