The online racing simulator
Vive/LFS graphical Settings
(12 posts, started )
Afternoon all,

I am new to the community and am using LFS with a Vive and the Next Level Racing 2DOF motion platform. I have it all in place but would like to improve the Vive graphics a touch.

Anyone got any experience on this?

PC power is not to much of an issue, I am running a i7 4790k at 4.8Ghz across 4 cores, HT off paired with a MSI GTX 1070 8GB VRAM, SSD and 16GB RAM.

With everything set max in game I have never seen my FPS drop below 90 in the Vive HUD over the last few sessions testing.

Cheers!
#2 - troy
** Best answer **
https://github.com/matzman666/OpenVR-AdvancedSettings

Is probably a good tool to start, you can set plenty of options while inside the HMD.

The supersampling one in particular is the one you're looking for, with LFS you should be easily able to set it to 2.0 I guess.
Quote from troy :https://github.com/matzman666/OpenVR-AdvancedSettings

Is probably a good tool to start, you can set plenty of options while inside the HMD.

The supersampling one in particular is the one you're looking for, with LFS you should be easily able to set it to 2.0 I guess.

cheers Troy I will check out the Open VR then, I tried changing the INI files for super sampling manually but it doesn't seem to work (I think historically it did, but Vive changed it?).

Can anyone confirm with SS set at 2.0 the simulator improves graphically with Vive?
#4 - troy
You will render LFS at twice the standard resolution, everything should look sharper.

It wont magically make the textures better of course but you should see a noticeable difference.
yeah understood, I think with SS at 2.0 and a decent skin set i should be good to go, just looking into the mod section to see if there's anything to help this along.

Either way the sim is great for what I want, I played multiplayer a little last night and even with about 8 other players, 90fps all the way!

The standard format I shall play will be against 9 AI and that seem's smooth as.
ok got it working via OpenVR advance settings - OMG it's good at SS 2.0 90fps!

Many thanks.
#7 - BeNoM
Install some graphics/texture mods Wink
Quote from BeNoM :Install some graphics/texture mods Wink

Yes that's next on the list, any suggestions that would work well in Vive HMD, nothing to demanding please!

Ideally I would like a mod that is established, bug free, and gives an overall visual improvement across the simulator without to much performance hit.
#9 - BeNoM
There's no single-mod you can download, there's a lot of individual texture mods that wont effect performance (only VRAM, but you have 8gb of that so VRAM isn't an issue for you).
ok many thanks I will check it out, no rush on this as stability and consistency is the most important aspect now for me with any mod's.

At max graphics, SS 2.0 the game looks great anyhow in Vive and plays solid 90fps on my rig so my main issue is dealt with.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG