The online racing simulator
Dodgy Sound..
(7 posts, started )
Dodgy Sound..
Firstly I just want to say hi to everyone, I've only been playing lfs for a couple of days but i'm proper hooked, it's awesome .

It's a bit tricky with the mouse but i'm ordering a dfp soon which I cant wait to get.

Only problem I have is with my sound

When theirs more than a few cars close by, the sound completely breaks up and even after I re-initialise the sound it doesnt come back

Does anyone have any ideas?
Could it be anything to do with the format the sounds are in (ogg)?

Anyway, many thanx in advance
The sounds are generated in the game, no files or samples are used.

I used to get this issue on a slower system... or one that at least had lower-spec hardware.

What are your system specs?

-Sound Card
-Graphics Card & Memory
-CPU & speed
-Memory

Those are important to know. I found that this mostly happens when either the graphics card or sound card is strugling and causing other hardware to 'suffer' from its drainage of power so to speak. I had an onboard soundcard which was really crap, it would lower my FPS and have terrible sound. Bought a new card, and worked fine thereafter.
I had this problem as well, sounded like the sounds were distorting. My system specs aint slow, but it sorted its self out and i aint got a clue how

cheers,
Here are my specs:

CPU:- Athlon XP 2200 OC@XP2600
Soundcard:- Audiophile USB or Onboard ac97 sound
1gb Memory
Dual monitors Geforce mx4 64mb (agp), Geforce fx5200 64mb (pci)

I have searched all over the net and still cant find anything

I normally use the audiphile usb ( as I also use pro-audio software )
however, to see if I could resolve the problem I removed the audiophile, and installed the drivers for the ac97 onboard sound.

For a short while I didnt have any probs but it's just gone back to bein dodgy again
Great system, but two things I noticed...

USB soundcards don't give the greatest of performance.... same with the onboard ac97 soundcard. Would be worth it to invest in a midrange Soundblaster... but that is up to you or if you system can fit one.

But the biggest thing I see is that you overclocked your system. Try putting it back to normal for a test and run LFS a few times to see if it happens still. Other than that, I don't know what else to say
Ah, Mine are as follows,

Athlon 64 3000+
ATI Radeon 9250 SE 256MB
1024MB Ram
Onborad sound - Asrock a8x (something like that)
I think I have an old soundblaster knockin around, I'll give that a go then I'll run my cpu at it's normal mhz.

See how that goes then

Dodgy Sound..
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG