The online racing simulator
What should I go for? Picking a pc
Hi guys, I'm trying to get a pc that will run this game at highest or as high as possible settings with nice fps. There are two PC's that I am currently interested in, which one's better? And why/how ?

pc 1 :
Intel quad core Q6600 CPU
AMD Radeon HD7770 1GB GPU
600W PSU
4gb ddr2 ram
Asus P5K motherboard

pc 2 :
Amd A4-6300 CPU
Amd Radeon HD 8370D
500w psu
8GB 1600MHz RAM
Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 motherboard
#2 - BeNoM
What is your budget?
Quote from BeNoM :What is your budget?

my budget would be about 350 euro for tower alone.
How big is the computer case on number 2?
The graphics card is only 512MB. If the case is big enough, you could replace that card later.

You can always build your own computer, its a bit cheaper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZUYymbCH1w
Quote from kristofferandersen :How big is the computer case on number 2?
The graphics card is only 512MB. If the case is big enough, you could replace that card later.

You can always build your own computer, its a bit cheaper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZUYymbCH1w

I'd love to build my own except i would have no idea of what to buy :/ any list of things to buy ? Tongue
#6 - BeNoM
With a budget of 350 it's cheaper to buy a 2nd hand build then build brand new, unless you can find all the parts second hand.

Both builds are pretty outdated and neither are worth 350, maybe wait a bit and save more money until you can afford a proper PC?
Quote from BeNoM :With a budget of 350 it's cheaper to buy a 2nd hand build then build brand new, unless you can find all the parts second hand.

Both builds are pretty outdated and neither are worth 350, maybe wait a bit and save more money until you can afford a proper PC?

The first pc is a second hand being sold at €125 and the second one is brand new but comes with a monitor, gaming keyboard and mouse at €425 What type of parts should i be looking for in second hand ones? Also the budget is €350 as I don't want to spend crazy money on it, it's not about having the money, I'm only getting it to have something to do after work. But it's very annoying playing on a off the shelf 5 year old laptop.
First: This game or all games ?

If it's a dedicated PC for LFS/sim racing then the P5K with the Q6600 would be sweet, the Q6600 will OC in that board to 3Ghz min, sell the HD7770 for whatever and put the difference into a Nvidia 1050 or similar.
That will do most/all racing sims at 50fps or better and if this is for a sim racing rig then that will be fine.

Second: If it's a general gaming rig then no..........

If you can clarify your requirements then that would help with advice.

(Currently running a Xeon 5430 OC to 3.2 in a ASUS P5KR with a Nvidia 580. this is fine for all my sim racing and general gaming. ( Dirt Rally, Automobilista, LFS(LOL, 200 FPS) and RBR )
#9 - BeNoM
Quote from ErikasN :The first pc is a second hand being sold at €125 and the second one is brand new but comes with a monitor, gaming keyboard and mouse at €425 What type of parts should i be looking for in second hand ones? Also the budget is €350 as I don't want to spend crazy money on it, it's not about having the money, I'm only getting it to have something to do after work. But it's very annoying playing on a off the shelf 5 year old laptop.

Which games, apart from LFS, do you plan on playing?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG