The online racing simulator
Preventing people from using Speed Hacks
(11 posts, started )
Hello!

So,I was experimenting with Speedhacks and I realise that if you use them,they will modify your "Engine damage" valute.
By using LFS LAZY you can see it.
Engine damage works on principe : If you damage your engine (by over-reving car) valute goes up in postive (from 0,01 to 100%).
When using hacks that valute goes negative. So,If you put like 1.5 , engine damage will go to -50%.
Let me get to my point. It would be nice if there is like checker that constantly checks string of numbers wich are connected to Engine Damage.

Proof: http://i.imgur.com/IQuQFDW.jpg

(and dont mind this account,I forgot password on my main one (rip))
We need new patch with updated cheat detection function. Last one was 0.6E (or 0.6B? i dont remember), since then it take max to ~2h after release new patch to see users on servers with hacks.
Thats a battle with no end.

Luckily it isn't really necessary to improve because its very easy to spot.
Quote from cargame.nl :Luckily it isn't really necessary to improve because its very easy to spot.

Sometimes not really. If someone use 1.01 (+1%) its really hard to tell if it is hack or lag. And on servers without any insim and with no admins online and kick/ban vote off it can be sometimes really annoying.
#5 - BeNoM
This is only 1 variant of a speedhack, but I think LFS has bigger issues then cheat detection implementation. It's not a HUGE problem as of now and I haven't seen anyone using speedhacks for ages, last time I did the person got banned instantly lol.
Quote from BeNoM :... and I haven't seen anyone using speedhacks for ages, last time I did the person got banned instantly lol.

what?
did you lock yourself in "safe" S1/S2/S3 world?
#7 - BeNoM
Pretty much considering 99% of demo servers are either stupid arab tweak servers or kids who can't race and ram everyone. Demo servers are utter sh!t now, nothing like they used to be Smile
#8 - nacim
Quote from BeNoM :Pretty much considering 99% of demo servers are either stupid arab tweak servers or kids who can't race and ram everyone. Demo servers are utter sh!t now, nothing like they used to be Smile

FRANCE PRO CRASH is nice though, and I'm sure there are other more serious demo server where crasher and other demo shit gets banned quickly. Wink
#9 - BeNoM
There is one Australian demo race server that's pretty cool, I'm friends with the owner and we race sometimes. But when he's not on all the dumb kids just ruin everyone else's experience Frown
The AMG, MRc and AA demo servers have been idiot-free every time I've visited for quite a while now. I could just be lucky, I guess.
Quote from BeNoM :Pretty much considering 99% of demo servers are either stupid arab tweak servers or kids who can't race and ram everyone. Demo servers are utter sh!t now, nothing like they used to be Smile

I can guarantee you that not all demo servers are as bad as you make them out to be. Yeah you may get racers who have the intention to go and crash but a good admin eventually learns what to look out for and prevent it from happening and if there is admin present all you do is report them on the servers forums.

I know many good demo racers who race clean and fair on our servers and continue to do so because we do our best to keep crashers out

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG