The online racing simulator
Advanced driver change
(8 posts, started )
Advanced driver change
Hello everyone,

I have a perhaps simple question, but didnt find a answer yet.
(Just point me to the right keywords/thread if there is/was some similar discussion already).

As I'm joining some long distance race in the next time, I wanted to do some training about the passing over to another driver when doing a pitstop.
Is there some possibility to optimize this a bit?

I was using "/press n" to switch the "connection menu" at the bottom right, so i can easier click the "T" for accepting the driver switch as the active driver.
But would it be somehow possible to use some magic like "/shift + <anything>" or "/alt + <whatever>" to have this on a wheel-button?

I guess this would speed up things a little bit in this case (for the active driver).
The waiting driver has the time to click with the mouse (as he has to select the correct active driver)... and then he can wait until the former active driver can accept and pass the control of the car.

How do you guys handle this normally?

Sorry for these questions, but it'll be my first race with driver changes.

Thanks in advance for your help
#2 - troy
Mash the T, it's part of the fun! Big grin
ND = new driver
OD = old driver

1) ND connects to server
2) ND tabs to his teams car, sets his driving view
3) ND brings up playerlist with N
4) OD enters pitlane
5) ND clicks 'T' in playerlist
6) during the pitstop, OD leaves the car in neutral *
7) OD accepts the driver-change by clicking the 'T' too
8) ND is in control of the car

faster variante:

5) ND clicks 'T' in playerlist
6) during the pitstop, OD leaves the car in 1st gear AND stays on throttle AND hold down clutch *
7) Holding down clutch requires only one foot/finger. So once the pit-stop is coming to an end (watch the messages about refueling etc) OD rapidly clicks the 'T' as fast as possible.
Do not attempt to "react" to end of pitstop, just continously spam the button! *click click click*
8) ND is also on throttle, but not on clutch
9) Once pitwork is finished, because of the click-spam ND will instantly get control
10) At moment of driver-change, clutch is suddently not pressed anymore and because engine & turbo are already spun up, acceleration is much better.

The car-take-over times out after a while. (about 30-60 seconds?)
So if you press it too early during the lap remember to 'refresh' it during the pitstop.

* That is important in case the driver-change did not work, (usually by mis-click) because once the car has moved you have to do another pitstop to try again.
Quote from troy :Mash the T, it's part of the fun! Big grin

In the olden days there would be soooo many votes to kick other players out of the server because of that Big grin

I love how it sounds so simple, yet it's so easy to screw it upSmile
sounds like the safest way would be to handbrake the car? i think the 2 seconds won't matter much in a 24hr race Tongue
Quote from Gutholz :quantum physics

intrsting how you managed to make something so easy so complex Big grin

just smack that T button, ez gg wp

It's all fun and games until you end up driving for the wrong team! Big grin

Advanced driver change
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG