The online racing simulator
Backfire Bang Bang [Request]
(12 posts, started )
Yup, this time i'd wish for someone to make this sound useable in LFS, like for blowoff or something. I have a sound where i'd like it made, if someone could do the job. I tried but it doesnt seem to work, it always whines about the sound being too long or something. It needs to be cut from some nice "bang". The file is http://www.mediafire.com/?qgjm0hfygez
Pretty please.
Could resist , ROFL !!! for the topic title

On topic

Becky Rose made one mode for the Exaust "BangBang" effect , but now is dust
Yes, I know about that Becky Roses thing, but I just want a sound for it that fits in the LFS shift+a menu.. I'll get the use for it, eh.
if u grab a few more mp3's or wav's it will be easy but try to find one with just backfire. where ever your getting the sounds just type in anti-lag, probably won't hear the car.i'll make one for fun in the meantime
Put that bangbang file under dumpvalve
Yes, yes, thanks. I tried looking for other bangers but that was imo the best.
Thats has a variety too. My problem is just making it fit LFS
:dunce:
i couldn't cut out the backfire there was too much engine noise but i got bored and made an actual v8. not my style but someone will like it, and i pretty much need more samples but only with backfire.

in case any1 wants it...
Attached files
XRT_dankv8.eng - 268.5 KB - 795 views
Okay... I'll try to look up for something, eh?
No way you get bang bang sounds out of the Shift-A menu. For as far as i know there is no trigger for anything related to backfire. The shift-A menu consists of very short samples unable to reproduce a backfire sound in any way. Apart from some longer samples like the gearshift they all need to be a very short wave-signals which are used as a feed to make the synthisizer create dynamic engine/gearwine/intake/blowoff etc. sounds.
It's never designed to play real samples like what you want.

The only thing any good to allow the use of backfire sounds is CarSoundRemixer. It's able to produce two different backfire sounds randomly on downshifts. Every car has it's own specific audio sets which are totally customizable with own samples.
While not everyone likes CSR for it's enginesounds (because it's less dynamic since it's not synthisized) it still can be useful for other things like brake squeal, fuel warning, rev-limiter(pit), roadnoise, turbo, blow-off valve and backfire.

Specific sounds can be turned on or of for every car (except FBM, in time of CSR the car did not exist so no support for that one) so it allows you to fiddle all day long and have things exactly the way you want. I love it for that, but sometimes CSR can be a little distracting, especially when racing on the limits all this extra crap does not make you go any faster. Sometimes it can be really fun though and I can spend hours tweaking it but that's because i'm an audio freak

Here's a little sample I made recently for another thread about skid-sound.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/stefank ... s/LFS/AUDIO/SOUND+CSR.mp3

This is how the XRR can sound with CSR. It does not have a banging backfire in this case, but if you hear closely, it rumbles little pop-sounds on releasing the throttle at high RPM's.
I once had the LX6 make nice recoil bangs (dunno how to say that), where on downshifting a few milliseconds later you hear BANG!
very true, csr is the best way for backfire but having it as a bov or rev limiter for shiftbuzz isn't too bad. but having that said im gonna download it again

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG