The online racing simulator
Round 1 [Oct 2, 2016] 250 Miles of Rockingham

Qualifying will run from Sat, 24 September 2016 15:30UTC until Sun, 2 October 2016 15:30UTC. Drivers can drive as many laps as they wish to. A team needs at least one timed lap to be allowed to start the race. E.g. it is enough that one driver of the team sets a lap. If more then one driver of a team sets a lap time, the faster time will be taken for the starting line-up. The end of the qualifying also marks the deadline for changes to the team's line-up, class or car.

Important, to prevent cutting, a layout will be used, narrowing down parts of the track. This layout is attached here.

The qualifying password will be published here, so teams, that sign-up can directly do qualifying, even when noone's sending them a password. Please always drive with your correct name format on the server, so it is easier to do the qualifying results. Wink
server: Open Endurance Cup
password (with the start of the qualifying): Round1

Qualifying standing available online at http://newdimensionracing.com/preqtracker/qtracker.php - times are pulled from the server at the top of every hour.

Race starts at 16:00UTC, with the gridding at 15:50UTC. The race will be started via a double file start after a shortened warm-up lap via custom grid. The race layout will be posted here a couple of days prior to the race.
The grid departs after the final hairpin in two-by-two formation. The field shall accelerate to 80kph (49mph). Overtaking is allowed with the Green-Flag-Message.
The unholy first chicane has no walls for the race. The geometry is kept, however, by poles signaling the area, which is deemed off track. Touching poles means you were out of bounds. If a team gets caught three times throughout the race, driving through that area, a drive-thorugh-penalty will be given!
Please be careful in Turn 1 and Turn 3 as these places are designed to cause trouble in the first lap.
Please remember, there are NO Safety Cars, NO restarts. Rejoins are allowed at anytime but result in the loss of one lap, including rejoins due to connection loss.

I hope you will have a fun race nonetheless.
Attached files
RO10_OEC3_q_anticut.lyt - 1.4 KB - 577 views
RO10_OEC3_r.lyt - 1.5 KB - 569 views
In terms of safety this layout is pointless absolutelly...there is space for 1 car only ... try to imagine to 25-30 cars in a start of the race ... maybe it would be enough to move these red blocks on the right side the meter further. Think of it as a reminder and a request at the same time. Thanks :-)
The attached layout is for qualifying and a different solution will be used in the race anyway Wink
Quote from TFalke55 :[/center]

Qualifying [...]

Important, to prevent cutting, a layout will be used, narrowing down parts of the track. This layout is attached here.

[...]

Race [...] The race layout will be posted here a couple of days prior to the race.

Oh sorry :-D somehow I missed it...I just hope that second layout won't be insidious like this :-)
any approximation on how long the race will take? I would do the calculations myself, but too busy to even run a lap right now.
-
(pik_d) DELETED by pik_d : nope
Quote from Bmxtwins :any approximation on how long the race will take? I would do the calculations myself, but too busy to even run a lap right now.

Uff... Not really a statement that makes admins happy Shrug

Probably something like 100 laps times 100 seconds per lap...
Quote from TFalke55 :Uff... Not really a statement that makes admins happy Shrug

Probably something like 100 laps times 100 seconds per lap...

Thanks. I am a full time university student. Finding time is not easy. I have nothing happening Saturday or Sunday, so I plan to dedicate some time in the qualifying server.
Interesting circuit for XRR. A lot of snap oversteer
Qualifying has started (yesterday in fact), the server is now passworded. See the opening post for it.
Quote from Ascona b :Tracker is not Running.

Müsst mal einer nach schauen, Tracker ist noch nicht Aktuell.

Yes, we're going to look into it. Thanks.
I will start it late Monday or Tuesday...once I copypasta all the signups and put them in a format it'll understand :o
Also wird es wie beim letzten mal nicht klappen mit dem Tracker. Schade doch wenigsten läuft der am server ja. Smile
Wäre es möglich das man die Finale Layout version für das Rennen schonmal online stellt?
Ich möchte ungern paar tage vor Rennen für das Finale layout üben.
Quote from Ascona b :Wäre es möglich das man die Finale Layout version für das Rennen schonmal online stellt?
Ich möchte ungern paar tage vor Rennen für das Finale layout üben.

The final layout won't be uploaded prior to Thursday night, I'm afraid.
Hi, are all laps in airio official?
The race layout is now attatched to the opening post

Quote from Bmxtwins :Hi, are all laps in airio official?

yes, unless there is a reason why they shouldn't be, they are.
We're changing class from GT1 to GT2
race briefing added for today's race
your race layout does not have a pitroad speed limit outside of the wall. Or I have some sort of glitch...
qualifying results
Attached images
lfs_00000001.jpg
lfs_00000002.jpg
That weird moment when you go to pits right behind another car an he brakes down to 40km/h for 65km/h speed limit...

Edit: first time I meet Ray on track for few years,where do I see him? Yes,in gravel trap... Big grin
That moment when you crash your car and everything seems fine until the corner comes when you find out that the front of a car is a plow and you are scraping the road instead of turning in corner...
Quote from Eclipsed :
Edit: first time I meet Ray on track for few years,where do I see him? Yes,in gravel trap... Big grin

I would be careful making too much fun of people. I believe I was only a little bit slower than you and I was using a car with quite a bit less power.. Tongue

But hey, I haven't raced in years and only 2 half spins and then a muck up entering pits (I was doing 65km but then it says I sped... wat). So yea.
unofficial results. The official ones might take a while, since I am only on a subsitute machine currently.
Attached images
lfs_00000004.jpg

Round 1 [Oct 2, 2016] 250 Miles of Rockingham
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG