The online racing simulator
Anything similar to the /mp command for the external start up comand line?
I use LFS with 1 host and 8 player program instances, on ONE computer to run a multiplayer game.

Is there a working /mp command for the external start up command line yet?

Trying to start them all up with a single .bat file.

For now I just have the /mp command as Ctrl F12, so it is somewhat easy, but it could be better.
Not sure what excactly you try to do but it is possible to put commands into the file LFS\data\scripts\autoexec.lfs
Like /join servername and then the game automatically connects to that server.
/join servername, looks for a server on the master list. My server is not on the master list, or even online.

I need LOCAL lan... infact it is even running on the same PC. Smile

One PC, with 8 LFS racers.

I guess they need to update the /join command.
Because there are more than one /join for more than one use... and it should have the option to do this: /join LOCAL IP PORT
I only tested with /join because I had no local server to test with.
But does it not work the same way with /mp command?
Just take the /mp-command that you currently have bound to ctrl+F12 and paste it into autoexec.lfs
There is no /MP for outside the program.

I run 9 Instances of LFS for 8 players, on the same computer, from the same LFS installation folder. (very easy to maintain with one installation) One is host, then each loads the game with 8 different player names (player 1, player 2, etc...)

I believe that file will run every time I run LFS, I do not want it to always join a local server, only when I am running the multi player setup.

Can there be separate autoexec files, like the .cfg files?
If not, I guess if I really needed to, and since I am already starting it with a .bat file anyway, I could just have the .bat Copy or Rename different versions of the autoexec around as needed right before it runs each instance of LFS... then maybe I can also use it for /color /setup for each of the different players cars.
This may not work, if each LFS loads before it gets renamed, going to have to refresh memory on the .bat syntax.

This is creating a long chain of files being run/read... just to start the program.

I also do not know what I can or cannot put in the lfs autoexec file. I assume nothing but LFS: /commands ...?
Well that took some time to sort out but it worked.
I now only need to start one desktop icon to get all 9 instances of LFS started up, and each player with a different color car, and each running on a different pair of processor core/threads.

Is there another script that auto runs when a player joins a MP game?
The /join in an autoexec runs before it is connected to the host.
I guess the temporary solution will be a Ctrl+? key that pulls all the connected players in via the host screen.

Is there a command to send the current LFS window to a specific monitor in full-screen-borderless mode?

This is all meant to make it faster/easier to get things up and running again if I lose power during an event or something.
Would an uninterruptible power supply help with that potential problem? My power flickers here and I've seen the lights drop while my rig and network remained connected because of the UPS.

Otherwise, I can't think of one beyond creating an application to listen for InSim messages to/from your server, but that might be overkill for your needs.
Yes I bought one to bring with me to the next event, however it will only last a few minutes. Last time, at this same event, power was out for about 45 minutes.

Still debating weather I am going to have it ALL plugged into the backup, monitors, wheels etc... or just the server to keep it ready to go when power is back.

I also have 2 Slot Car tracks I could keep up and running with it...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG