The online racing simulator
Big Europe Vacation?
(4 posts, started )
Big Europe Vacation?
My wife and I love to travel and experience new things. This year's vacation isn't impressive, but it will be fun. Watkins Glen for IndyCar and the rest of the week will be spent in upstate New York for the first time. Our hopes for a stay in Yosemite National Park were crushed by our current monetary situation.

Next year, however, we're looking to do ANYTHING with a budget of $4,000 total (3,600 EUR). I think we can do Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, and Brussels all in two weeks if we pack light, sleep in train stations, and only pay for a few hotels or hostals. That puts our total on train travel time at 62 hours. That's under 5 hours of train travel time per day. (11 hours not sleeping or traveling per day) To travel EUrail for 15 days would cost $900 (810 EUR). Unlimited pass. Flights for two people from Toronto round trip to Paris: $800 (720 EUR)total (WOW airlines in October). That's only $1,900 (1,710 EUR) by the time we pay to store our car and fuel to get to Toronto. We already have passports. We bought them this year to go to Niagara Falls on our week off in upstate New York following the Watkins Glen IndyCar race.

Could we survive on $2,000 (1,800 EUR) for 2 weeks on that trip? Would we have fun being adventurous as we are?

Safety is a big concern of mine.
How much would we be able to see and experience?
We only know English, how big of a problem would that be?

We'd never do it again. Once in a lifetime, we don't yet have kids kind of thing. What do you guys think?
Basically I agree with Dave's thoughts... I neither can understand why you mentioned Frankfurt as, from my point of view, it is a city without much attractivity. If you want to see what other German cities have to offer I'd suggest Rewboss' YouTube videos, as I think he catches the attraction very good.
#4 - smove
When I tell you that Frankfurt is less than two hours away from the Nordschleife it all becomes clear. Big grin
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom

Big Europe Vacation?
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG