The online racing simulator
LFS Locked to 60 FPS on Vive
(8 posts, started )
Hi Guys, got my Vive last week and it's good to be back on LFS after so many years!

I am having a problem however, my game is locked to 60 fps when playing on my Vive.

The option for limit fps is unavailable when using VR so I am not sure what is causing it.

How do I fix this issue and get the game running at 90fps? My hardware should be more than capable.
Does it go above 60 when using the monitor? Maybe you are forcing V-Sync through GPU driver?

You could try a fresh install of LFS (no need to spend an unlock just to try if it works), or try deleting the config files.
Quote from Whiskey :Does it go above 60 when using the monitor? Maybe you are forcing V-Sync through GPU driver?

You could try a fresh install of LFS (no need to spend an unlock just to try if it works), or try deleting the config files.

I will try this tonight, I don't think that's the issue though as my main monitor is running @ 144hz anyway. Unless it's using the refresh rate from my secondary monitor for some obscure reason....

I did try a fresh install yesterday but no luck unfortunately.
** Best answer **
Disabling the display on my monitor seems to solve the problem for now and I can get 90 fps.

Here's some details of my setup for troubleshooting the bug

980ti
1x gsync display connected via display port @ 144hz
1x dvi monitor @ 60hz
1x HTC Vive
Pleased you found a workaround. Thanks for the info.

I don't know why this would be, it sounds like some kind of forced vertical sync. LFS doesn't request vertical sync when it is in a window.

Someone else got the same problem. https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89495
I have the same issue how did u disable you display? Did u just shit it off?
It's called "Monitor view" and you can switch that to "none".

This option is visible in the "Options - View" screen and in the "Options for 3D device" dialog.
Had the same problem, used the same fix. With the external monitor view disabled, everything runs smoothly. If it's turned on, I get all sorts of hitches in the graphics.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG