The online racing simulator
LFS MoTeC
(70 posts, started )
good aplication.. but.. i want use MoTeC for review telemetry

ideas?
The link you posted is down.

Any chance of a new link or someone send me the file?
I REALLY want this program
It's up, had to restart the server.
Quote from KassadGLA :good aplication.. but.. i want use MoTeC for review telemetry

ideas?

What kind of telemetry? Could you elaborate on this?
Ah yes, their telemetry program. That could be a possibility. First, I need to actually start rewriting the program, as it's not as close to the real one as I would like it to be. Then second, I would have to find out what format the data would have to be for it to be imported into the i2 software. So, we'll see.
Quote from burnsy1882 :Ah yes, their telemetry program. That could be a possibility. First, I need to actually start rewriting the program, as it's not as close to the real one as I would like it to be. Then second, I would have to find out what format the data would have to be for it to be imported into the i2 software. So, we'll see.

ok, thanks and sorry for the late answer
Is it by design that it only shows two digits? For example if I am going 105mph it will only show 10, or if I have 19.8% fuel it will show "19.". This seems like a very silly thing to put in by design, but also something that you would have noticed immediately, so I'm not really sure if it's supposed to be like that.

That and the fact that it seems to get confused when I change car (still shows data from previous car until i go right click -> Options -> OK) are my two gripes with it. Other than that it seems pretty nice. I'm glad I can finally tell if my pit limiter is on in the XRR without going 51mph.
The digits is because you don't have the font installed. In the zip file is a font file, right click it and choose install, then try again and it all should look good. For instance, look at the image on the first page. If, when you run the program, it doesn't look like that, then you don't have the font installed. When I get around to rewriting this, there'll be an installer for the program that'll do that for everybody, but in the meantime its still easy to do manually.

I'll have to look more into the changing car one, but I've never had a problem with it loosing connection.

EDIT: after checking, I had forgotten to include the font file in the download, will be uploading a new zip with the font file.
EDIT2: font file uploaded to downloads page, just download and right click -> install.
Ah, I see it right there in the OP, whoops. Thanks.

Will the rewrite fix the second problem?
Quote from BBO@BSR :JFYI
I'm sure you are not allowed to upload this font here as it is copyrighted material:
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/font.aspx?FMID=237
and cost $36
http://www.ascenderfonts.com/font/lcd.aspx

Considering it came free with I would assume all US versions of windows (i've had XP, Vista and 7 all have this same font automatically installed), I'm only uploading what Microsoft forgot in other people's versions.

What about Virtual LFS Dashboard, which uses the quartz font and redistributes that too. You gonna get on Erazotropa for making it, or me for resurrecting it? I hardly think Microsoft is gonna come after me for using a font that they gave free and that I make no money off of what so ever.

Quote from pik_d :Ah, I see it right there in the OP, whoops. Thanks.

Will the rewrite fix the second problem?

I'd have to do some testing to find out if it's the program or InSim dropping the connection. So, we'll see.
Quote from burnsy1882 :Considering it came free with I would assume all US versions of windows (i've had XP, Vista and 7 all have this same font automatically installed), I'm only uploading what Microsoft forgot in other people's versions.

If the font would be free for all then why can you (have to) license it as a dev. or buy it? Your argument doesn't make much sense.
Here it's def. not a standard font or part of XP or part of the service packs.

Quote from burnsy1882 :
What about Virtual LFS Dashboard, which uses the quartz font and redistributes that too. You gonna get on Erazotropa for making it, or me for resurrecting it? I hardly think Microsoft is gonna come after me for using a font that they gave free and that I make no money off of what so ever.

I'm not hunting anyone maybe that quartz.font is freeware?
I don't know.

I just thought it's some usefull info to tell you that it is copyrighted material
Which could be easily avoided as there are almost the same font available for free use just under dif names and it only takes a minute to find them.

I just tried to be helpful as I have my own (bad) experiences with using copyrighted font material in website projects.
Anyway do what you want ;-).
Ok, good points, I'll do a bit of digging around. Thanks.
I started using this again today, on your latest version but im still getting CPU spikes!

Any updates btw?
Hey, can somebody help me to make this work?

What i have :
1. PC connected to a router with a cable.
2. Laptop connected to the same router wireless.

What settings do i need to make ? I tried almost everything and it still dosen't connect.
Dl?
I see this is a couple years old.. Is it still available?
Reupload pls
Can info be exported for reading in MoTeC i2?

And does it work in 0.7D?

LFS MoTeC
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG