The online racing simulator
More Tyre Options for the Cars in LFS
It's been on my mind for the last few days and I'd actually really like to see this (I assume) small adjustment in LFS. The option to have (Almost) any tyre on (Almost) any car. WITHOUT MODS!

Now I can understand that it might be a bit over powered to have slicks on any of the TBOs, LRFs or STDs, and purposeless to have road normals etc. on a GTR or Formula Cars. But consider my point of view.

1. A whole new variety or races/new racing categories. Eg: GTR/Formula Rallycross - Awesome TBO/LRF Grip Races!
And 2. Very interesting and new setups to build or try out.

Now I'm not sure if this might be something coming with the new tyre physics, but its an idea. Not asking for engine swaps or the ability to make your car over powered in general like a lot of others, but just more tyre options for all the cars.

Your thoughts? (I posted this in the improvements forum)
I think the level of grip for the road cars is quite nicely judged, and I don't think they would be more fun with slick tyres, quite the opposite in fact. The problem is that if you have the faster tyre as an option, even if you also had host-settings for setup-rules, it becomes the must-use tyre online.
I would be against too. NB : There is a kind of hack allowing all tires for cars if I remember correct.
Anyway, Scawen has stated multiple times recently that when he will (kind of) finished the tires physics, new type of vehicles will be proposed ... let's wait for correct cars with the correct tire compounds to fit the correct tracks Big grin . I will be better than doing F1 on rallycross tracks Big grin
I think with the all tyres thing, it should apply to the race cars more so. Cause they can't be made any better or any more grippy because they have slicks already. So if the GTRs had Rally tyres and/or road tyres then you could have more variety in terms of racing. My 2 cents Smile

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG