The online racing simulator
Round 2 [Apr 3, 2016] 250 Miles of Blackwood Grand Prix reversed

Qualifying will run from 26 Mar 2016 15:30UTC until Sun, 3 Apr 2016 15:30UTC. Drivers can drive as many laps as they wish to. A team needs at least one timed lap to be allowed to start the race. E.g. it is enough that one driver of the team sets a lap. If more then one driver of a team sets a lap time, the faster time will be taken for the starting line-up. The end of the qualifying also marks the deadline for changes to the team's line-up, class or car.

The qualifying password will be published here, so teams, that sign-up can directly do qualifying, even when noone's sending them a password. Please always drive with your correct name format on the server, so it is easier to do the qualifying results. Wink
server: Open Endurance Cup
password: Bwloaocdk

Qualifying standing available online at http://newdimensionracing.com/preqtracker/qtracker.php - times are pulled from the server at the top of every hour.

Race starts at 16:00UTC, with the gridding at 15:50UTC. [more to come] ...

LFS Remote: Open Endurance Cup
Attached files
OEC2_R2.pdf - 208.3 KB - 275 views
Quote from TFalke55 :[/center]

Qualifying will run from today, 26 Mar 2016 15:30UTC

Today, or 26th March? Tongue
26th March...
Qualifying has started
I've updated the driver input file to match what currently was on the entry list.

If you don't see your time on the site, it's because you're not on the entry list input. If you've recently signed up, I usually update the list every 24h or so. If you think you should be there, PM me and I'll look.

Next task at some point, is to try and remove entries in the timesheet in the car your team has not selected.
Qualifying results
Attached images
lfs_00000323.png
lfs_00000324.png
lfs_00000325.png
can I protest the ghost that hit me ... mebbe protest the netcode
Really good race for us, except of the fact that I failed hard at the beginning due to the lack of practise.

Sorry to J.Katila for the bump when we went through the chicane side by side. Wasn't intentionally

Also congratulations to the rest of the podium!
What I wanted to say - a bit poor distance choise here - 2 FXRs were able to finish the race with 1 stop,while it's practically impossible to do that with FZR... Then again - everyone can pick the "faster" car for every race,right? Looking
Quote from Eclipsed :Then again - everyone can pick the "faster" car for every race,right? Looking

yes

EDIT: screenshot of server results added. The rest will come by the middle of the week.
Attached images
lfs_00000326.png
I surely have caused a couple of scary moments out there.

My apologies for that, guys!

The moment with Riddick, when he found me on an overtaking line in the chicane, while he is driving in the higher class and had just lapped me for the 13th time... That was a lag, buddy. I was avoiding you, by going this way, after I had a short lag right in the middle of the braking zone...

My setup was snailish down the straights, so that I was racing under a blue flag almost all night.
That's why I seriously overlooked somebody once... I think, that was Riddick, too.
Despite the trouble, my being lame has caused for some of you guys, I also had a nice fight for nothing with both extremeRacing driver in their XF GTR. Rofl
I really had to give it my all to get past an NGT... Good race, dudes!

I expect to get a penalty for an unsafe rejoin during the last 15 laps, I suppose.

Next time better! Thanks for the good, clean racing out there, guys! I'll catch up later. Big grin
The Eventlog: yellow round 1, cyan round 2 Schwitz
Attached images
EventLog.png
-
(cougar8) DELETED by cougar8
here is the race from last night, to get it out use winrar to unzip part one and you will have the replay. you need to have all three rar files in the same file location for this to work Smile
Attached files
race - Copy.part2.rar - 16 MB - 319 views
race - Copy.part3.rar - 6.3 MB - 329 views
race - Copy.part1.rar - 16 MB - 321 views
Some images from last nights race Smile
Attached images
paul finish.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
david finish.jpg
grid.jpg
mat finish.jpg
mazda finish.jpg
Will there be mpRes statistics?

Quote :What I wanted to say - a bit poor distance choise here - 2 FXRs were able to finish the race with 1 stop,while it's practically impossible to do that with FZR..

Hm, can FZR usually not do longer stints? Maybe more a drivers thing.

Anyway, my pace was not good and first laps I thought I would only be able to keep up with the exR NGT. Looking
But then noticed TipToe was not so much faster than me and tried to catch him. Was not really direct race because the gap was always 7-15 seconds.
Was not so easy to drive and on so short track there was traffic at least every second lap.
A few times was bit too close and some scrapping, but think noone crashed. (I hope, if otherwise tell me timestamp)
TipToe seemed bit faster but positions swapped a few times whenever someone was in grass..kinda strange race. After 90minutes we had both done pitstops andthe gap was 2,3 seconds. Then I was confident I could 'win' this, but I crashed into the tires of chicane and it the last laps were quite random who would fail less. Smile Somehow I came out in front.
@Tiptoe: No idea about your topspeed, maybe too much downforce?
But I noticed in replay you had the same problem as me, when braking ending up in wrong gear and then losing control. Well, was fun.
Maybe next time a few more GT2? Those who had problems in GT1 might consider changing class maybe.

Attached images
close.jpg
dodge.jpg
flip.jpg
That was a weak race for me,Blackwood has never been good to me,never could find any pace,didn't even got withing half a second of my own PB... Face -> palm Never got anything serious,just some minor mishaps like spinning after T1 of warm up lap,getting unlucky caught behind GT2s or beeing caught and passed by leaders in less comfortable places then guys I was chasing,had even one misshap where I failed to catch a slide and slammed against wall at exit to backstretch,damage was minor and with little effect. Also I never really practiced for this - spun 20 laps in evening before and few more before race. After all this 10th in finish isn't too bad and a bit lucky too,still round 1 was much better for me.
Still hoping for some reinforcements for next round - it's a bit too exhausting to drive alone,especially in urban track with ever closing walls around all the time.

Quote from Gutholz :Hm, can FZR usually not do longer stints? Maybe more a drivers thing.

Not really - without restrictions FZR is the fastest car,but also uses the most resources,like tyres and fuel. Not sure,how soft brakes were needed here,but I was shredding fronts all the time as there are so many braking while turning areas. I chose to race with "small" 70% fuel tank at first 2 stints,popped left front while entering pit road after 2nd stint. Looking
Fun race, full driving race was grueling. My longest ride in lfs. Usually I don't like rev. maps but Blackwood I enjoyed especially fights with Arco - Przemek and trafic. It was thrilling how it ends Smile)
Racing at its best! Thanks all for racing, especially to Roman, had much fun, see you next round Smile
Some Screenshots from Energy Team Smile
Attached images
lfs_00000004.jpg
lfs_00000005.jpg
lfs_00000006.jpg
lfs_00000007.jpg
lfs_00000008.jpg
lfs_00000009.jpg
Championship standings updated on the front page of http://oec.ronaldg.net/index.php. Race results are available in the download section.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG