The online racing simulator
Xbox360 Controller guide
(67 posts, started )

Poll : Make this into a sticky?

Yes
No
#51 - nssf
i got the same i using WHIRELESS! with the adaptor on win xp i installes all trhe things like in the manual but its not working on some websites i read its not for whireless?..... if its treu

is there a option to for whireless playing people to change anny configs?

for me its just 1 reason i want to seperate the trottle and break axes.... it wont work when you just do in lfs seperate when you do it even with callibrate its just do haftrottle or haf break.....

so what to do
Makes no sense...
Ive installed everything but my controller doesnt work on there (I am using the wireless gaming reciever?
How do i activate it?,
XBCD drivers do not work on wireless pads, regardless of what o.s, settings etc you are using.

As far as I know the only drivers for the wireless pad are the standard Microsoft ones, which don't allow you to change anything or separate the axis.
Quote from benzoboy :I'm having a bit of a problem, I've followed the guide all the way up to when I open the setup utility, it doesn't seem to detect any controller? I know my PC detects it because it's there in the control panel

This is what I see;

Any ideas?

Just noticed this comes up when I run the install.bat file

Not sure what's gone wrong?

same problem
ok sorry for kicking a old topic

but do i still need these drivers to make the LT and RT work (for gas,brake or clutch) cause i just installed the cd that came with the controller and everything works except the LT and RT
just downloaded the demo of this to give it a try before buying the full version. I got a datel xbox 360 controller and after following the instructions can get throttle/brake to work using RT and LT buttons but cant configure gear changes using the LB and RB buttons. When i try configuring it in the game and i press these buttons, the numbers 4 and 5 flash up on the screen but they dont register in the key configuration in-game.
Pity really as was looking forward to playing this
i've tried the guide and i've done everything up to running the XBCD setup but when i load it up (after doing the reboot as stated) it doesn't detect my 360 controller.

any ideas?
can anyone help me setup my wired 360 controller with the brake and throttle on the triggers? please
I have the same problem. Win7 x64, the controller gets recognised from the game but I can't set the brake and throttle on the triggers. The game won't recognise em.

I tried that guide at the beginning, it made things even worse.
thats an old version. if you try xpadder you can set the buttons to the triggers. but i now have problems with my left stick being way out of config. it sticks to the left and the controls in game are way to sensitive
Maybe the sticky should say just buy the Logitech F710 if you don't want headaches.
if its the same as setting up a ps3 pad then you need to set it so the triggers (axis) are set to accelerate and the other as the brakes, i have to have it set so throttle/brake is set to combined also.
Quote from atlantian :Hi, fellow LFS drivers out there, it seems that the XBox 360 Controller is fairly popular among the racers out there who can not afford a [good] wheel!

I have searched around this forum about the controller, and finally pieced together a solution, i just want the next newb that comes around to have an easier time with this game pad...

so i am going to make a thread to sum it all up!

now first of all, by reading this thread you probably realize by now, the original microsoft driver is utter, complete, rubbish! time to get you a new driver!

but to start, you have to have the microsoft driver installed

when your finished, follow this link and download the XBCD 1.07 software:
http://www.redcl0ud.com/files/XBCDv107.exe

after you downloaded it, go ahead and run the exe

Then download this packet to patch in some missing files so your computer recognizes the driver!
http://matt-land.com/xbcd/

unzip that packet then run install.bat

go to the start menu and right click on my computer

go to properties

go to hardware tab

go to device manager

expand "XBOX 360 Peripherals"

right click "xbox 360 controller for windows"

click update driver

select "install from a list or a specific location"

select "don't search, i will choose the driver to install"

select"XBOX 360 GAME PAD" and then click next

when a popup ask about driver certificates, ignore it and click "continue anyways"

restart your computer and you are good!

now, open setup utility in "all programs/XBCD"
[/COLOR]

now in the setup utility...
For separate triggers on the XBox360 Controller:

LT- slider(-)
RT- RZ (-)

For the analog sticks:
Left analog stick: set deadzone to 18, because anything larger would make your analog stick bi-polar!
Right analog stick: no deadzone, and have the 2 axises be on one axis
so that up=right, down= left; you will see why in a sec

set rumble to 80, i find anything harder will make you loose blood to ur hands
and get blood accumulation somewhere else *wink**wink*
now, to have this properly saved, just click "apply" THEN save... or else you would not have saved your settings
now that you have the controller configured...
go into the game and you can set the control scheme!
here is a setup that i find very effective!
RT-throttle
LT-brake
X- horn
A- ebrake
B- personal message
Y- personal message
start- ignition
select- Car Reset
left analog stick(side to side)- steering
right analog stick- clutch
back- look back
left- look left
right- look right
up- a personal message synonymous with "get the hell out of my way, n00b!"
left shoulder- shift down
right shoulder- shift up

this way, when you have to pull ebrake or ignite car... you can reach the button while you have the clutch depressed! and note: you have to pull the clutch back to disengage the clutch!

i stole the setup from Forza and modified it to accommodate a clutch and have the shifters be aligned on the controller like a paddle shifter

the benefits of using this control scheme is that you get to have all four essential controls(steering, clutch, brake, and throttle) on a car to be analog on the controller.

note: there are several reasons why i didn't chose to have an analog control.
a) if i where to include it as an analog control, the only place i can place it is the horizontal axis of the left analog stick, but that would disturb steering, since you have to have the stick at the absolute top or bottom to disengage it
b) the technique of slowing down the rear wheels[to regrip] when you are slipping is so advanced that your brain wouldn't be able to handle so much data output on top of using 6 digits to control a WHOLE CAR... so it's useless anyways.

Hope this helps you, and good luck with driving with your fingers!

ps: please sticky!

Wireless Controller Guide Section, comming soon

i now have the xgi file for the xbcd uploaded, so if your lazy, you can now just download that and rename it .xgi and boot it up in XBCD

Is there a pre-setup I can just drag and drop into the directory because that doesnt work for me...
use xpadder program
Im in win 7 and if i wanna throttle same steering pad its throttle .____.
Im having a bit of issue using a wired xbox 360 controller and windows 10

The download mentioned doesn't work on windows 10.

I would like to have some form of feedback via the controller, is there anyway if doing this, or is anyone else using windows 10 and has some setup ideas?
ps3 gamepad is so much better for control ect in lfs and is easy to setup using motionjoy, just grab the offline version, ive driven nearly 100.000 laps using one and even now il use one instead of my g27 for fbm bl1

Xbox360 Controller guide
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG