The online racing simulator
Even More S3 Whining
(7 posts, started )
Even More S3 Whining
S3.... Rockingham. I really don't have anything TO whine about, but I promise to make something up at the end of the post. I'm really just really curious about the track and had a stupid question to ask about it.
Rockingham. So if I was in an aircraft and was flying directly above the place, it would look like the map in the start-up screen? I'm sure it does. If you're going to the trouble to laser scan a track, then make it accurate as possible. So what I'm wondering is all those configurations that come with the game version of rockingham. Is that how that's really done? They have that many various races on different layouts within the oval? I know most oval race tracks have two or three. Like Daytona. Talladega has several different tracks on the properties besides the Oval. But eleven different configurations? Do they actually race on all those? LOL Never thought that Oval racing would be that popular on the other side of the Atlantic. Thanks to LFS in particular, I thought people in the UK like to see their race cars turn right once in a while. But I dunno, if the Real Rockingham is like the game, then you really have to appreciate it's genius of design.
Yeah.... Whine...OK
Uh ... You know for shelling out SEVENTEEN WHOLE DOLLARS OF HARD EARNED MONEY! You'd think they could'a thrown in trailer racing. Yeah. With the Scirocko! I mean really. You know how far that seventeen dollars and change goes at taco bell? Eleven tracks... Yeah, I coulda saw Batman Vs Superman - a REAL classic....
As above yes all those combos are possible, not sure how many are actually used for race days though, however like most Circuits, it is used for every kind of Motorsport, including bikes, public trackdays, vehicle testing/demos etc so I would imagine that most combos are used depending upon who is using the track and for what purpose.

Real track from above :

Quote from Gutholz :Appearently yes, although http://www.rockingham.co.uk/venue-hire/circuit-layout/ only lists 5 layouts.
Other sites list more layouts: http://racingcircuits.info/europe/united-kingdom/rockingham.html#.Vv91BSvKtpg
Maybe it changes over time or by demand. Also see the google-earth view.

LOL Yeah... right after RIGHT after I posted this, I thought "google Earth" Face -> palm.... I do that with other places, don't know why I didn't think about that for Rockingham too. I figured the layout was accurate anyways, more curious about the amount of layouts though and wasn't sure how to find that out though.
Thanks. Smile
#6 - Ped7g
I did watch some real life onboard with LFS slowed down to sync it, for comparison.. and there was one major difference. In real life they didn't bother to switch the sign on the end of the oval part to the proper one. LFS had that one right.
#7 - 5tag
Quote from Racer Y :Batman Vs Superman

Absolutely outstanding movie that one! Solid 5/7 IMO.

Even More S3 Whining
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG