The online racing simulator
#26 - PoVo
Hi Scawen,

Noticed a typo in the InSim.txt documentation:
SMALL_LCS, // 7 - instruction : set local car switches (lights, horn, siren)

It should be 9, not 7
Not sure if its a bug or its like this on porpose.
At Westhill track , on Kart configuration , why can only drive this cars?
I dont know why we are not able to drive every car.
Dont make any sense to have a GTR and no tbo , atleast , IMO

It is to do with size of cars on a grid that was designed for karts. Intersecting cars that fly apart isn't a very good way to start a race! Wink

You can set up a grid anywhere you like, using the custom start positions and an open config.
Quote from Scawen :It is to do with size of cars on a grid that was designed for karts. Intersecting cars that fly apart isn't a very good way to start a race! Wink

You can set up a grid anywhere you like, using the custom start positions and an open config.

I understand it now!
Thanks for explain it Smile
Quote from Scawen :...Live for Speed has some of the best VR support

- I'm sure it has, I haven't had the chance to test VR yet. But what I really do know is that LiveForSpeed supports 3D-vision far better than any other application on the market, racing games and simulators included. It's awesome. Be proud.
We need 0.6n2 to have a toggleable "off" on screen keyboard.
So like in misc settings, it would say "On-screen Keyboard", and the options would be "On" and "Off". The On-Screen keyboard keeps on intefering with my indicator program.
Quote from asyed :The On-Screen keyboard keeps on intefering with my indicator program.

If I understand you correctly, you have an external program that sends keypresses to Live for Speed, including backspace.

For this reason, there is a new InSim packet designed to operate the lights, so you don't need to use these "fake keypress" hacks any more.
I've known about LFS for over a decade, but I'm just getting ready to buy it now that you're supporting VR.

Thanks for everything that has gotten us to this point! Smile
Siren sound stops when your car is off and not moving Tongue

Famous old bug
scawen, ten years later....... hahahahhaaha work a litle more.... iracing, raceroom, assetto corsa, automobilista... rfactor2..... jajjajajaaj all of them better simulators, real cars, real tracks....
and you send me an email with vr suport... in new update.. wowwww... i'm playing lfs a lot of years.... but this email is an insult
Quote from Retamosa :but this email is an insult

Feel free to insult him by deleting your account! Thumbs up
He's only spamming nonsense once a year or so, let's not worry about it.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Siren sound stops when your car is off and not moving Tongue

Stops annoying siren sound when player afk Tongue
Quote from ninu ax :Pls Update LFS Polys to 50k so you can make real smooth cars and not cubic ones

That would be a good ideia mate
Just noticed one small bug - when making grid,after placing max allowed 40 start positions,despite text warning "too much start positions" it's still possible to place more,where all next are marked as "40". I recall before it was impossible to place more then 40,which of course is logical.
Is there a manual how to get VR gear working?
It doesn't need a manual!

Options - View - 3D Smile
It doesn't work that way.

it says: Could not initialise OpenVR system.Shrug
OK, are you trying to use a Vive?

(If it is a Rift, then make sure Rift is selected, not OpenVR).
I've bought a Samsung Gear VR and use it with a S6 edge
Hmm, as far as I know, with a Gear VR you can only use apps from Oculus home.
#49 - troy
The Gearvr is for samsung mobile devices, you wont be able to use it on a pc or with software compiled for x86 systems. You can only use software compiled for android.
Uh-hu crap......
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG