The online racing simulator

Poll : You want this?

Yeah!
Nah
Better Automatic transmission simulation
Automatics in LFS are just unrealistic. Even when I go lightly on the throttle, the car still waits until nearly redline to shift to the next gear, whereas in real life it would probably shift around 3 or 4k. PLease make it so that it does something like that in automatic.
It's because it does not simulate road car automatic transmission,but it just gives the opportunity for those,who can't do it for themselves for some reason to have gears shifted automatically. And that in racing mode using pretty simple default shiftpoints. Considering your other suggestions like minivans or music in cars,seems like you have missed the general idea of LFS - it's a racing simulator for firetrucks sake...
Plus I find clutch slip happening on endurance kind events. Hence I forced myself to learn manual.
I have a cheap steering wheel with no clutch, so how am I supposed to learn manual?
Quote from gigapouch :I have a cheap steering wheel with no clutch, so how am I supposed to learn manual?

a new aid called auto clutch?
#7 - jkat
With sequential shift mode you don't need manual clutch !
Quote from Franky.S :a new aid called auto clutch?

Exactly. Its there. I use a 360 controller sometimes but I gotta learn on some cars manual clutch due to stalling (Yes I stall an xfg ;-Wink
What they are saying is that you can still use manual gears even if you don't have a clutch pedal or button set to act as a clutch. That's what autoclutch is for.

No car, with the exception of the MRT, will stall if you are using autoclutch, even if you spin around and roll backwards. Not sure what you are doing wrong there...

Worth noting too that manual clutch presses will still work with the autoclutch on. Useful for the old pop'n'drop when drifting.
I know... I guess I'll try using a button as the clutch.
Since you don't have a clutch, you can use the automatic transmission. That's why it's there. Like others have said, the automatic transmission is there for people who don't have access to manual shifter controls. That's why it simulates throttle lift and gear throw unlike a real automatic which shifts instantly. And why the automatic option still gives you a simulated ingame clutch instead of a transfer case, only that it's automatically controlled.

I do agree however, an automatic option which shifts based on engine load, while it doesn't make much sense in racing, could be a rather simple thing to implement for all the people who enjoy cruising.
Is there a way to make the Automatic realistic as in shifting instantly?
Quote from gigapouch :Is there a way to make the Automatic realistic as in shifting instantly?

Nope, and that would be cheaty since it would make the car faster

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG