The online racing simulator
My game won't stop freezing!
(25 posts, started )
I bought S2 some time ago, and it used to work perfectly... Then, some months later, the game started to freeze randomly... I had to format my computer, and the problem continued...

It's a very strange problem... The game freezes when I'm racing (online and offline) and also freezes in replays, setup screen...

Sometimes it freezes after 2 minutes, and sometimes it freezes after 1, 2, 3 hours...

This is my computer specs:

MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR
AMD Athlon XP 2800+ Barton
512 MB DDR 400 Kingston + 1GB DDR 400 Kingston
Prolink Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT 128 MB DDR3
30 GB Maxtor HD (7200 RPM)

The soundcard is onboard, but I disabled it in bios and didn't solve the problem.

I'm using a Microsoft Sidewinder FF Wheel with 4.0 drivers...

I've tried to disable "Enable write combining" but it didn't solve the problem also.

Overheat isn't the problem, because it only happens in LFS, and the GPU and CPU temperatures are stable.

I'm using Nforce 5.10 drivers for the motherboard and Forceware 91.31 for the GPU.

What could be the problem?

Thank you, André Maul.
#2 - Jakg
Quote from andremaul :I bought S2 some time ago, and it used to work perfectly... Then, some months later, the game started to freeze randomly... I had to format my computer, and the problem continued...

It's a very strange problem... The game freezes when I'm racing (online and offline) and also freezes in replays, setup screen...

Sometimes it freezes after 2 minutes, and sometimes it freezes after 1, 2, 3 hours...

This is my computer specs:

MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR
AMD Athlon XP 2800+ Barton
512 MB DDR 400 Kingston + 1GB DDR 400 Kingston
Prolink Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT 128 MB DDR3
30 GB Maxtor HD (7200 RPM)

The soundcard is onboard, but I disabled it in bios and didn't solve the problem.

I'm using a Microsoft Sidewinder FF Wheel with 4.0 drivers...

I've tried to disable "Enable write combining" but it didn't solve the problem also.

Overheat isn't the problem, because it only happens in LFS, and the GPU and CPU temperatures are stable.

I'm using Nforce 5.10 drivers for the motherboard and Forceware 91.31 for the GPU.

What could be the problem?

Thank you, André Maul.

do you have any media players or such open?
Hi,
91.31 drivers are to be honest not the best vene being official and WHQL.There are reported a lots of problem with them.
Could you try 84.43 drivers?

Do you have antivirus-firewall running in background which donwload updates automatically in background?

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1376
Quote from Jakg :do you have any media players or such open?

Nah, I closed every antivirus, msn, iTunes, quicktime and every little program, and it freezed anyway.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Hi,
91.31 drivers are to be honest not the best vene being official and WHQL.There are reported a lots of problem with them.
Could you try 84.43 drivers?

Do you have antivirus-firewall running in background which donwload updates automatically in background?

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1376

Today I tried the 84.21 forceware, but it also freezed... I really don't know what to do =[
Quote from andremaul :Today I tried the 84.21 forceware, but it also freezed... I really don't know what to do =[

omg not anther Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT proable jeez

i wish i really did int get the darn card now

don't bother posting about it not over heating etc because this on here a guys with you all day look at my thread

PS.NOW do you belive me noweveryone
Quote from faster111 :omg not anther Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT proable jezz

i wish i relly didint get the dran card now

I don't think the problem is my graphics card =P

This only happens in LFS, and the temps are normal...
Quote from andremaul :I don't think the problem is my graphics card =P

This only happens in LFS, and the temps are normal...

same i as i said to everyone but noo they said it was the graphics card
Quote from faster111 :same i as i said to everyone but noo they said it was the graphics card

and it was?
dont know but do u get green dots?
Quote from faster111 :dont know but do u get green dots?

nah, i don't get green dots...

but the game freezes with no warnings and i have to reset the pc then...
Quote from andremaul :nah, i don't get green dots...

but the game freezes with no warnings and i have to reset the pc then...

well i get green downs and then whole pc locks up then i have to restart my pc to.
OH FOR ************* ***** ******* **** **** **** **** **** SAKE.

The very smart people have been telling you IT IS YOUR CARD faster111. And you listen not. You say this person has the problem, and he does not.

@Thread starter, i would consult the people who have constantly been trying to help faster111, they are smart people who can help those who will accept help.
Are you using a Force feedback device, or a gamepad, by any chance andrewmaul? Have you tried playing with the minimum sleep value within LFS?
Quote from the_angry_angel :Are you using a Force feedback device, or a gamepad, by any chance andrewmaul? Have you tried playing with the minimum sleep value within LFS?

Yeah I'm using Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel...
I guess I solved the problem! It was GPU overheating... I placed a 80 mm Akasa fan under the vga, and the game stopped freezing.

Before this, I was seeing little artifacts, and the game was freezing. Placing the fan under the graphics card seems to stop it from overheating ^^

Thank you for the help...
Quote from faster111 :well i get green downs and then whole pc locks up then i have to restart my pc to.

OMG....so you ignore us in other thread practically without 0 skills and you trying to confuse other.You should get warning from Moderators.
download prime95 and run the torture tests. if it locks up in there it's generally mainboard, cpu or ram related. If it doesn't then it's probably your video card.
Quote from faster111 :omg not anther Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT proable jeez

i wish i really did int get the darn card now

don't bother posting about it not over heating etc because this on here a guys with you all day look at my thread

PS.NOW do you belive me noweveryone

Shut up faster, this guy has fixed his problem. The fact that he formatted and still had the same problem says it’s something to do with the card you ****ing idiot.

Sorry for the language but you'll just confuse people, this guy has done more to sort his problem in a few hours than you have done in 2 months!
Quote from garph :Shut up faster, this guy has fixed his problem. The fact that he formatted and still had the same problem says it’s something to do with the card you ****ing idiot.

Sorry for the language but you'll just confuse people, this guy has done more to sort his problem in a few hours than you have done in 2 months!

So wheres the mod to close this topic now its been fixed
That's just not how this forum tends to work. Mods close threads that they don't want further posts in, and don't tend to lock threads that have just come to the end of their useful life. You never know, in 6 months someone else could have a very similar problem and want to post here.

The forums you use, where old threads get locked (or auto-locked) are probably places where there is a LOT of forum activity about very vague subjects. We are a small forum (in comparison) with a fairly specific subject at hand. Thus the forum (and the moderation) is fairly open and liberal. If you dont like that then there is no reason to be here.

And faster, please can you fix your PC SOMEHOW. Just take it to Monke... errr.. PC World or something and make them test it if you don't believe us when we say it's your gfx card. I'd like you to enjoy S2 so that my money doesn't become wasted. I don't think there is a way of getting the voucher code back for someone else who will make better use of it.

I've tried really really hard to not get annoyed with you James, but enoughs enough. I wanted you to appreciate the gift of S2, and to encourage you, but every time someone suggests something (and this goes all the way back to when you wanted a Dukes of Hazard render to put on your car until the present day) you seem to ignore it. If you don't need our advice, or are simply going to use someone elses advice whenever ours becomes difficult, then please don't come here asking for advice.
  • Fix you PC.
  • Play and enjoy LFS S2
or
  • Ignore us
  • Play your new game
  • Waste my money.
Your move.

Sorry for posting this in this thread rather than faster's own thread. I only just realised my mistake.
Why should it be closed ? In the end if someone searches finds they have a similar problem then they can add to it ...

Just don't go trolling through questions trying to confuse others with a problem which is obviously not the same. You have your own topic where you've ignored all the advice thrown at you. In the end the guy broke the fan off your card, end of story. I wouldn't have accepted it if I witnessed the guy break it, even if he told me.

You think he is going to admit to having damaged it? Sorry but you seem far to gullible and no wander the guy is trying to pull what it seems a quick one.

bah/ Tristan beat me
#23 - Jakg
Quote from andremaul :I guess I solved the problem! It was GPU overheating... I placed a 80 mm Akasa fan under the vga, and the game stopped freezing.

Before this, I was seeing little artifacts, and the game was freezing. Placing the fan under the graphics card seems to stop it from overheating ^^

Thank you for the help...

Quote from faster111 :Look theres anther post like my one mmm 2 players haveing the same thing soon it be ending up as a bug.

warning - warning - Jakg has snapped

GAH! I TRIED TO HELP YOU, BUT HOW DARE YOU MAKE A THING ABOUT 6600GT'S HAVING A BUG IN LFS WHEN YOU KNOW I HAVE ONE (PS, YOU DONT, YOURS IS AN ORDINARY 6600), THIS OTHER PERSON YOU SPEAK OF HAD DIFFERENT BLOODY PROBLEMS AND THEN FOUND OUT IT WAS OVERHEATING

But hey, you will probably just ignore this post
faster111, you are the biggest **** ever. You start begging how much you want LFS, someone who doesn't know you uses their own money to buy LFS for you, and you have driven ZERO miles. How the hell do you drive no miles in LFS? Faster111 should be banned from LFS, and tristan should be given a refund.

http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=stats&racer=faster111
jus fix the damned PC

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG