The online racing simulator
Why (do people compare)?
(11 posts, started )
Why (do people compare)?
There's always been this one thing that has bugged me for as long as my #$%@ head can remember... Why is it that people compare racing simulators when NO car has similar specifications!? I mean, the (most powerful) GTR's in LFS S2 are not even close to that in GTR2. I understand comparing maybe GTR to it's sequel, but S2 to GTR2? I don't get it at all. I mean, S2's GTR-spec cars have about 490 bhp whereas GTR2 (and GTR1 as well) have about 550 bhp- how are they comparable!?

Honestly, this is illepall...
good point.
#3 - uss77
you shouldn't stress over some stupid person who doesn't give a F*** about the differences <- this will get you a heart attack
#4 - Don
oh, i thought the physics laws are the same for all the cars, no matter if they have 100 or 500 bhp
#5 - ajp71
People aren't comparing the cars but the phsyics engine behind it all, you may have completely missed the point. The GTR cars in LFS and GTR2 have certain similarities, striped down to 1100 kg, full rollcage (effective spaceframe) sports racing cars, 6 speed sequential gearboxes, setup for endurance racing, large slicks, LSDs, fully adjustable wishbone suspension and both have plenty of power (none of this its got xx bhp so it's uncomparable bullshit the rest of the car is much more important).
Most of the cars in sim games have 4 wheels. That's enough to make a compare.
I often wonder why people make threads about things they obviously have no real understanding of or real interest in. GTR cars in LFS obviously haven't interested you enough to make you want an S2 license, so why worry about what other people think of them?
#8 - _rod_
Quote from sinbad :I often wonder why people make threads about things they obviously have no real understanding of or real interest in. GTR cars in LFS obviously haven't interested you enough to make you want an S2 license, so why worry about what other people think of them?

Why does it matter if hes a demo player or not? He asked a question, a intersting one, at least i think. If he own or doesnt own lfs s2 is hes problem and no one elso´s. How do you know hes not intersted in buying lfs? you know him enough to say such a thing?

I honestly vote to remove the s2 stats under the name all it does is creat prejudice against demo racers, even when they make a honest question. (honest is the word i would choose, but i coudnt think of anything elso)
It's just such a random topic for someone who doesn't even actually drive the cars in question to make. I don't care if he has an S2 license or not, but it matters because in this instance he is stating that it is absurd to compare cars that are not even comparable, but he actually has no experience of them, so how does he know? and if he doesn't know why does he care?
Quote from Don :oh, i thought the physics laws are the same for all the cars, no matter if they have 100 or 500 bhp

only if you believe in galileo

if you believe in aristotle on the other hand... lol
He doesnt have to drive it to ask this question, there is been many many times, where there were a comparition between those 2 sims, wich he got curious and asked how can they make a comparition between those 2, since they got diferent cars on it. Not every body has to know something about physics, if he didndt ask he wouldnt never know how they could make it. So just because you never played NFS:MW you couldnt ask why its unrealistic? THe only way to learn is to ask.

Why (do people compare)?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG