The online racing simulator
OK, but then is it clear what LFS will/should do if a car is in more than one of them?
Quote from Neilser :OK, but then is it clear what LFS will/should do if a car is in more than one of them?

Of course, no special case there. One packet on entry and another on exit. It is the InSim app that handles how to keep track of car actions.
It is harder to deal with if they overlap. Your car would need to maintain a variable sized list of currently intersected circles. I'm not keen to do this at this time. The circle testing code is simplified by the assumption that you can only be in one circle at a time and the car only needs to store a single "current circle" variable.
Sure, this packet already allows to do some magic with new racing modes. Overlapping would just improve them a bit, but not bring a lot of extra functionality to them, don't worry about it.
K14 is now available in the first post : https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/88999

It doesn't seem like a big update but in fact it is. The best solution for the duplication bug, when moving InSim checkpoints quickly and repeatedly in multiplayer mode, was to change all the marshall code to support multiple object selection and use similar code to the other types of objects (and share some code). They can't share all the code because these circles internally are really a completely different type of object.

It turns out this was a 12 hour job, because it is complicated how this multiplayer editor works, but I think it works now. I'm not fully confident about that so I'd be grateful if you could have a go and see if it stands up to a test.

Layout editor :

Multiple object selection is now available in marshall mode

Fixes :

Quick repeat moving checkpoints in multiplayer caused duplication
Sorry, K14 contained a bug related to route checkers.

K15 is there now.

EDIT: I have noticed one small bug that should be easy to fix. When you create a new route checker, insim circle or start position, they do get a new number auto-assigned but it doesn't appear on your screen. The number shown on the screen doesn't pick up its value from the actual new object. You can see the number is actually assigned by deselecting the new object then selecting it again.
(K15)
Hm LFS freezes when I select two "restricted areas" and then press O or M to move/duplicate them.

Normal objects work.
Moving/duplicating a single area works too.

The normal 1/2/3 checkpoints work.
The insim checkpoints freeze.
Thanks, good find and I've fixed that now.

I don't want to do much today but I'll try to put a fix here soon.
Those fixes are now in K16.
Multiple selection in marshall mode should be OK now.
Thanks for the testing.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/88999

Changes from 0.6K15 to 0.6K16 :

Fixes :

Moving some similar multiple objects caused an infinite loop
Indices automatically assigned to new objects were not shown
One more idea.

TINY_VTE (Vote Expand), which cancels vote action (SMALL_VTA) but preserves all those votes casted (unlike the TINY_VTC, which cancels the vote completely), therefore we can increase the required votes percentage to any amount we want.
Quote :
Layout editor :

Multiple object selection is now available in marshall mode

Fixes :

Quick repeat moving checkpoints in multiplayer caused duplication

Nothing to report so far, it seems to work well Thumbs up

EDIT:
(Just for the sake of reporting, when doing multiple object selections in marshall mode, you can't adjust the width of InSim checkpoints or diameter of InSim circles. I can't picture situations where it would be crucially important to be able to do this anyway.)
Big grin
Uh, does TINY_AXM work for client sided InSim? I'm not getting any AXM in return...
Yes, I previously tested in single player and as host. Now I've just tested InSim connected to a guest connected to a host and I've got all the packets with PMO_REQUESTED as expected.

Did you get any error message on your LFS window when you sent the TINY_AXM?
Attached images
AXM_1.gif
Don't know if it's too late for packet request, but I'll ask, would it be possible to add packet for triggering "send setup" from host / server (setups saved in server data/setups/). Might be usefull for newbies or maybe even for races with same setups.
Quote from Scawen :Yes, I previously tested in single player and as host. Now I've just tested InSim connected to a guest connected to a host and I've got all the packets with PMO_REQUESTED as expected.

Did you get any error message on your LFS window when you sent the TINY_AXM?

It was my bad ... Ya right
My SendTINY function didnt sent AXM, because there was a check if version is better than 0.6K17 if packet is >=AXM. But in fact it didn't check if version is newer, but older Big grin Big grin
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :It was my bad ... Ya right

Thanks for the info!

Today I've done the get (TINY_SEL) and set (PMO_SELECTION) of the layout editor selection.

I'll release that today but first I'll see if there's anything else I can do in time.
Quote from Scawen :I'll release that today but first I'll see if there's anything else I can do in time.

Off-topic:

Since you seem to be in a very good mood, would it be possible for you to update the core of LFS Lapper? Uhmm
The last developer seems to have fallen off the earth and I would be over the moon to be able to use all the new toys from within the Lapper environment.
I know your answer though, and can't blame you. Thumbs up

On-topic:

Would it be possible to be able to use more colours through Insim?
Or is that a limitation of Lapper as well?
I have absolutely no idea how to update LFS Lapper! As you expected, I'll leave that to others. Big grin

K18 is now available in the first post : https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/88999

Changes from 0.6K17 to 0.6K18 :

Layout editor :

New button "place on ground" to place objects on ground
You can now adjust the width / radius of multiple circles

InSim :

Added TINY_SEL to request an IS_AXM with layout editor selection
New value PMO_REQUESTED renamed to PMO_TINY_AXM for consistency
New IS_AXM option PMO_SELECTION to set the current editor selection
Hi

In the "place of ground" is a small error based on the fact that as we place object whose value has, for example. Z = 2.5 and it is correctly positioned on the road, I'll give him hand arrow on the example Z = 1.5 (then enter ground) and I press the "place of ground," the object is positioned correctly but it remains a value from Z = 1.5 and should be Z = 2.5 - operation on this property is false then the value of Z

Regards

L.M.
I know what you mean, you can give it a Z value that is not on the ground, but it does sit on the ground.

It's a bit strange but I don't really consider that a bug. Objects can have a Z value that is not really on the ground. They just try to position themselves on a ground surface that they find, starting from 2 metres above their Z value and down to zero altitude.

For objects on the ground the Z value is just a guide for how to search for the ground. This allows them to be positioned "on the ground" above or below a bridge, for example.
K19 is now available.

A car moved by an IS_JRR packet now has the handbrake applied
Extra check for intersecting multiple circles when adjusting width
Can now set multiple marshall stand positions / checkpoint indices

Quote :Changes from 0.6K18 to 0.6K19 :
Changes from 0.6K17 to 0.6K18 :

Thanks a lot for these new features and improvements!

Quote :New IS_AXM option PMO_SELECTION to set the current editor selection

As LFS dedi reports TINY_SEL - not for dedicated host I suppose it is a no-go to try to lift this restriction by being able to set the UCID from the IS_AXM (with PMO_SELECTION) so that this also works online?

It can also be useful to send an IS_AXM (with PMO_ADD_OBJECTS or PMO_DEL_OBJECTS) with UCID set so that you can easily know who sent the IS_AXM. But it comes outside my jurisdiction, I suppose this is not easy to implement?

Also, when your selection is a combination of objects and marshalls, the marshalls are excluded from the selection. I'm sure this has been thought through but can you confirm this is the right thing to do?
K20 is now available in the first post.

There is a new packet IS_OCO that can be used to switch all or specific start lights objects.

Quote from sicotange :Thanks a lot for these new features and improvements!

Thank you for the testing. Smile

Quote from sicotange :As LFS dedi reports TINY_SEL - not for dedicated host I suppose it is a no-go to try to lift this restriction by being able to set the UCID from the IS_AXM (with PMO_SELECTION) so that this also works online?

I will consider this.

Quote from sicotange :It can also be useful to send an IS_AXM (with PMO_ADD_OBJECTS or PMO_DEL_OBJECTS) with UCID set so that you can easily know who sent the IS_AXM. But it comes outside my jurisdiction, I suppose this is not easy to implement?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Some AXM packets do have the UCID set. Please can you explain what situation you mean. Is it a packet going into or out of LFS? I'm a bit tired, hopefully will understand when I read your reply!

Quote from sicotange :Also, when your selection is a combination of objects and marshalls, the marshalls are excluded from the selection. I'm sure this has been thought through but can you confirm this is the right thing to do?

Yes, the selection must be all Index < AXO_NUM or all Index >= 252 (circles / insim checkpoint).

Incompatible test with many InSim updates
(207 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG