The online racing simulator
Add a new type of marshall area to layouts
Currently we hace "Restricted area" (that kicks to spectator) and "Route checker" (that gives you a penalty).

I'd like to have something called "Controlled area" (yellow color), that sends an InSim packet, so the InSim applications can deal on its own with corner cutting and detect cars in special positions.

I'm aware of IS_MCI packet, but as this packet is server sided you have to deal with lag, packet per second update rate and all those nasty things. Having a simple native packet would be much better to server administrators.

Packet structure:
- PLID
- Circle id/number (just as route checker have an index, to know what corner threw the packet).
- Car speed
This would allow:

- Custom corner cutting checks
- An easy way to do "joker laps" in custom layouts
- Make several races at one track and use this new object as custom splits
- Assigning a pit stop box to each driver and detect if they use the wrong one

And many more things.
Sounds like a good idea to me.

It would also be very useful to have a special checkpoint that behaves in a similar way, perhaps including a timestamp of when the line was crossed.
Circles aren't always a convenient shape; having a straight line would make joker laps/alternate routes, multiple simultaneous races (especially with the timestamp), pit exit line enforcement (important for Rockingham especially) much easier.
Quote from sicotange :I suggested this recently:

I'm aware of that, that's why I mentioned joker laps.

I know that a circle is not ideal for timing purposes, but my suggestion is a lot more useful than just a new custom split object. We would be able to do whatever we want, not perfect but much better than the actual system allows.

Ideally both things should be implemented, along with my /semaphore command, but for a first new packet I think the new marshall would be best.
All this you can do by coding. All instruments have in InSim. For detecting streets in cruise servers used the same methods. Get time for split (TINY_GTH) and so on...

In my opinion need powerful external instruments. Example for determine area like as http://turbosnail.ddo.jp/polygon/ and generate pseudocode.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG