The online racing simulator
Thingy [ how to improve lap time at Blackwood ]
So I posted a 1'25 on blackwood in a XRG, any tips to improve this?
Practise Smile
Watch people who are faster than you, compare their lines to yours. Check split times to see where you are losing time. Upload an hotlap to LFSW and compare it with others if you don't mind the effort. Maybe try another setup if you haven't already. Experiment a bit with controller settings. It's hard to tell much more than that without at least a replay. Good luck.
Quote from ymeshulin :Is that Blackwood GP? I think the WR for XRG is around 1:32 - so how did you manage to go 7s faster?

Check his stats i think he did that time bl2 xrgSmile
Pretty sure he meant BL1 and 1:35.
i.m not that sure Smile
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Pretty sure he meant BL1 and 1:35.

His XRG BL1 pb is 2:10 - definitely talking about rallycross here.

R3Kinitiate: It's all about finding the optimum angle for your slide - too little, you're not going fast enough through the corner; too much, the friction of the slide is slowing you down. Watching others will give you some idea of where you should be aiming, but differences in setups, especially gearing, will cause all cars to behave differently.

Ultimately, it's all about learning what your car does and doesn't do and adapting, whether that be by altering your driving style or your car's setup, and that takes time, patience and practice.
Quote from Shirtkicker :His XRG BL1 pb is 2:10 - definitely talking about rallycross here.

R3Kinitiate: It's all about finding the optimum angle for your slide - too little, you're not going fast enough through the corner; too much, the friction of the slide is slowing you down. Watching others will give you some idea of where you should be aiming, but differences in setups, especially gearing, will cause all cars to behave differently.

Ultimately, it's all about learning what your car does and doesn't do and adapting, whether that be by altering your driving style or your car's setup, and that takes time, patience and practice.

TL:DR. Practice - lots .........
Well you obviously didn't read it Racer X, because you've completely missed the point of what I wrote. Practice only gets you so far, understanding what and why adjustments to your setup affect the way your car behaves is also important.

R3Kinitiate: have a read thru this basic guide to setting up your car, and then when you think you have a handle on it, have a look through the advanced guide too. This is where those extra tenths of seconds come from.
And how can you identify the differences in car setup, and which car setup suits your driving style without practice ?

And I do believe you said "Ultimately, it's all about learning what your car does and doesn't do and adapting, whether that be by altering your driving style or your car's setup, and that takes time, patience and practice."

Yes, I see clearly now that your saying don't practice.

Your just upset because we beat you at cricket (again) today, aren't you !
You're obviously just here to troll, because everything you just wrote shows a willful lack of understanding of everything i have written.

You haven't contributed anything to this thread, other than to attempt to ridicule me, and parrot what others have already said. You can continue spamming if you like, I won't be adding anything further. Your behaviour is beneath contempt.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG