The online racing simulator
I like the new graphics!
Will upgrade to S3 soon
Works well on the quickie test I had, seems to be almost the same way as Assetto Corsa handles the borderless window so thats good. Smile

Only difference as far as I can tell is that AC does properly V-Sync all the time without me needing to put in an FPS limit.
I guess it's more that GP Race Driver have a contract to use RFactor with their rig. My guess is an actual cockpit interests people more than just a screen, a seat and a wheel!
So, where is the VR headset that 'everyone' says makes sim racing 'awesome' and everything else pointless history ? Like the sim rigs we've used in the past, whilst fighting off Raptors and Sabre Cats whilst we try to race...........

And, if your running an 'awesome' VR rig, who needs a F1 sim rig to help create 'reality' ?

"I am stunning and brave, I've got a fancy fibreglass body mould with Rockingham stickers, I am the next Kardashian !"
That thing probably cost a lot of money and was made before VR was looking viable. It's still not out really. Looking forward to the next couple of years of flying/racing games though.
Quote from Racer X NZ :So, where is the VR headset that 'everyone' says makes sim racing 'awesome' and everything else pointless history ? Like the sim rigs we've used in the past, whilst fighting off Raptors and Sabre Cats whilst we try to race...........

And, if your running an 'awesome' VR rig, who needs a F1 sim rig to help create 'reality' ?

"I am stunning and brave, I've got a fancy fibreglass body mould with Rockingham stickers, I am the next Kardashian !"

they are only at a preorder stage for occulus rift so what do you expect to see?
Thanks to the new 'input when window is inactive' feature, only in LFS can you now control up to 40 cars at once! 40 for the price of 1! And that's worth it! Na-na

I tried 9 and it was getting quite laggy at times, but it works Big grin
Attached images
Screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot_4.jpg
Quote from Flame CZE :Thanks to the new 'input when window is inactive' feature, only in LFS can you now control up to 40 cars at once! 40 for the price of 1! And that's worth it! Na-na

Awesome! That is precisely the purpose of this change Big grin
U wot M8? Big grin Brilliant. Big grin
Quote from Flame CZE :Thanks to the new 'input when window is inactive' feature, only in LFS can you now control up to 40 cars at once! 40 for the price of 1! And that's worth it! Na-na

Oh my god, so many possibilities hahaha
Quote from Neilser :Awesome! That is precisely the purpose of this change Big grin

Euuh not really.. My wheel FFB finally doesn't get deactivated anymore if I switch to Windows/internet browser to download setup or whatever you need to do in between races..

Good, because my DFGT always got decentered when I did that. Very annoying.
Quote from Racer X NZ :So, where is the VR headset that 'everyone' says makes sim racing 'awesome' and everything else pointless history ? Like the sim rigs we've used in the past, whilst fighting off Raptors and Sabre Cats whilst we try to race...........

My son has this deal on his computer that's similar to the oculus rift. It's some sort of camera that recognizes the user and traces their movements similar to the Wii. He uses it for Project Cars it changes the view of the game based on your movements. I dunno what the hell the thing is called as I just don't care all that much about high tech gadgets anymore, but it is neat. I'll probably break down and get Rockingham after I get back (going to Belize for a couple of weeks.
Quote from Racer Y :My son has this deal on his computer that's similar to the oculus rift. It's some sort of camera that recognizes the user and traces their movements similar to the Wii. He uses it for Project Cars it changes the view of the game based on your movements. I dunno what the hell the thing is called as I just don't care all that much about high tech gadgets anymore, but it is neat. I'll probably break down and get Rockingham after I get back (going to Belize for a couple of weeks.

It might be TrackIR
Scawen!

"Handbrake can no longer be used in single seater cars while moving."

This is actually something that was needed for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time! Thanks
There's a few frustrated mouse drivers who can't trailbrake effectively any more... but I can't say I've ever used it myself. I'm more of a twitch-and-drift guy Big grin
Just upgraded to s3. I am a little tight for money but pay day is getting closer and for all the good times you 3 (ScaViEr) have given me in the past, you deserve at the very least the extra 12 GBP. Other sims may look more up to date and sound(!) much more immersive, but none have given me the huge amount of hours of enjoyment that yours has. From a selfish point of view I hope we do get some fantastic new content but in all honesty, 36 quid total is a bargain for the hours of fun put into this title compared to the cost of others out there. /me looks disapprovingly towards iRenting

All the best in your trial and errors in coding and content creating, and the frequent headaches I'm sure they must cause.
So are there any populated racing pubs in S3? Trying to gravitate back to something like Cargame or Ironhorse when i was borderline alien.
No, 2012 levels are still far far away which your last experience was according to your profile. A handful of people entertain themselves with Rockingham though, I think if more race content is being released like Rockingham it's heading in the right direction. Lets just wait and see, or if you are impatient, jump on the bandwagon. It's not a train yet, I think that is also not going to happen because I think Scawen tries to prevent burn outing by using sort of strict work/think schedules. Just relax, people need to relax more instead of running around screaming Smile .

This also supposes to be the year of VR, lets not forget that. My opinion about it people know but if it motivates devs to give a good racesim presentation, why not.
Oddly, there seems to me to have been a marked drop in racing since roughly Christmas. Can't think of a good reason for this, and of course I may be wrong. It seemed relatively good near Christmas and now it's all but dead. (The LFSW stats don't show anything noticeable but I guess they're totally dominated by cruisers.)
This thread is closed

New Version 0.6K - Rockingham
(558 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG