The online racing simulator
Windows Media player 11
(35 posts, started )
Windows Media player 11
Still only Beta, but i've got it and had no problems looks nice too.

It's fine for me until I close it, then it whirs up my CD's in the drives and takes about 10 seconds to close.

I'll be sticking to MPC
Its still crap, and winamp is still my choice.
Oh really? Thats odd mine seems ok, I had major issues with burning on Mediaplayer10 so its good for me.

MPC?

I have winamp but it doesn't burn etc
#5 - joen
I've been using it for quite some time now, and i think it's a big improvement. It's a bit weird in ID3 tagging sometimes but the library management has improved big time. And the search feature is incredibly fast.
I use MPC for quicky opening specific media files, but WMP11 when I want to listen to music/play videos for a longer period of time, I never liked Winamp.

@whitey: MPC=mediaplayer classic
http://www.gabest.org/
I used it for 2 days, and i got tired off it :P So i'm still on the 10th

And i properbly staying on that
Quote from joen :I've been using it for quite some time now, and i think it's a big improvement. It's a bit weird in ID3 tagging sometimes but the library management has improved big time. And the search feature is incredibly fast.
I use MPC for quicky opening specific media files, but WMP11 when I want to listen to music/play videos for a longer period of time.

Deffo agree, whats MPC?
#8 - Jakg
as much as i liked it it used 45% of my cpu opeining .wma lossless files, so i didnt install it on my clean install, plus i couldnt get it to auto sync my mp3 player when i plugged it in
Media player Classic. Basically it can play videos and music and that's it. It's clean and fast. For burning I usually just use Nero.

And iTunes for music.. I like it for some reason
#10 - Vain
No program should demand more than 5 mb RAM and more than 0.5 secs to load just to play (a few thousand) mp3s.
Billy handles music and VLC handles videos.
I dislike WMP because it's bloated. It has fancy looks that I don't want and fancy features that I don't need (like CD burning). It does everything, but it does it bad.

Vain
#11 - Jakg
oh yeh, for music playing i use XMPlay becuase it has such a small memory foot print so it wont slow LFS down
Dont need that, Winamp is enough.
#13 - Jakg
Quote from zeugnimod :Dont need that, Winamp is enough.

tried it, didnt like the UI (although ironically im using WAModern which is an exact copy of the Modern skin for Winamp)
I never understood why people like winamp so much. I hate it

iTunes for my music because it's simple and easy to use. I don't care if it takes up a little more memory than alot of players. Media player classic for videos because it opens and closes fast and is just great in every way.
FooBar2000 v0.8.3 for me in Windows (I dislike the newer versions). Small memory footprint and all it does is what I need. VLC for almost everything else.
Quote from the_angry_angel :FooBar2000 v0.8.3 for me in Windows (I dislike the newer versions)

Why? 0.9 is final already and additional components works with it.

I really recommend foobar for everyone who has tired of Winamp. Though you need some hours of customizing because with default layout/look it's really horrible... My foobar looks like this and I don't even want to think how impractical (and resource thief) Winamp was when I used it.
Attached images
foobar.jpg
#18 - Jakg
#20 - Jakg
oh yeh, i always think its TCMP when its TCPMP, damn this is confusing!
Quote from deggis :Why? 0.9 is final already and additional components works with it.

I really recommend foobar for everyone who has tired of Winamp. Though you need some hours of customizing because with default layout/look it's really horrible... My foobar looks like this and I don't even want to think how impractical (and resource thief) Winamp was when I used it.

I feel foobar 0.9.x does too much and as such is surplus to my requirements. The only real thing that interested me about 0.9.x was the way of changing the volume quickly. I tend not to change the volumes much now. There was a small bug with 0.9.x where by it didn't play a few things properly, but I believe that was the fault of a third party library.

At the end of the day I don't care about skins, I don't care about libraries. I'm over all the hyped things. All it does is stay hidden and play my music; the only time it pops up is when I want to pause something. For those reasons alone I don't use WinAMP, Songbird, iTunes (although I have other reasons for that), WMP, etc.
#22 - Jakg
what might those be? i object to iTunes because it likes to search for my non-existant iPod, and object to most because they nick my CPU power

Obviously im the only loner on XMPlay!
i think ill stick to windows media player 10 until i hopefully get new windows soon then maybe ill try 11, WMP 10 is only thing i know how to use properly... winamp used to crash on me after about 4 hrs... realplayer takes too long to install... had wmp10 for about a year and never got bored of it
guys hope you dont mean it serious with all these blatware
Microsoft is always trying to listen you and gave us this great WMP11
#25 - Jakg
Quote from DEVIL 007 :guys hope you dont mean it serious with all these blatware
Microsoft is always trying to listen you and gave us this great WMP11

mmmm, the sweet smell of Bloatware

Windows Media player 11
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG