The online racing simulator
Things That Have Changed In You
(35 posts, started )
how'd u guys test ur reaction times?
Quote from Gabkicks :how'd u guys test ur reaction times?

Try catching a stopwatch

There should be some tests like you pressing a button when a light appears. The time difference between the light lighting up and the button press is the reaction time... wouldn't wonder if there is some softwer available somewhere in the web... ask your friend google
EDIT: Here's one: http://www.getyourwebsitehere.com/jswb/rttest01.html
got 0.1967 sec in the first run... (average of 5)
#29 - Vain
Reaction time should be measured by unexpected events. That is often about 1 second.

Vain
Quote from Vain :Reaction time should be measured by unexpected events. That is often about 1 second.

Vain

If you know its going to be about 1 second then its too predicatable, you need something that will make you wait upto 10 seconds i would say. its a bit more supprising then.

andy.
#31 - Vain
You didn't get me right.
When you know that a button is going to change the color sometime soon you already have your finger slightly pressing on the mousebutton just expecting that you will have to react soon. That means you know the measure you have to take before the incident. Then you'll react in about 0,2 seconds.
On the other hand, when you don't expect the button to change the color (or don't expect to see a car standing on the track on front of you) your reaction time is usually about 1 second.
The first time is important for Counter-Strike-players, because they expect an enemy to jump around the corner and just have to click at the right time. For driving the second time is more important, because you still have to make up a decision (drive left, drive right, brake, ignore) before you can actually react.

Vain
Quote from AndyC :If you know its going to be about 1 second then its too predicatable, you need something that will make you wait upto 10 seconds i would say. its a bit more supprising then.

andy.

He means that if something really unexpectd happens, like kid suddenly jumping ot of the street from behind a car, the human brain needs about one second to comprehend the situation and act accordingly.

On the other hand, a simple event that you are expecting (like a point changeing colour in such a test) the reaction time is greatly reduced.

EDIT: DANG, didnt see the second page... now, 4 min, THAT's a reaction time
#33 - Vain
Haha, my first "beat you!".

Vain
OK, I understand what you are saying now. And yes that's very true, and well put aswell. being a CS:S playe I know that the enemy will possibly come this way so as I wait, I will need to react quickly.

Whereas in LFS if i see a car spin up ahead i need to think, will the car roll to the left or right or will the driver accelerate off, more calculations for the brain to do so therefore it will take longer to decide and react.

Andy.
Quote from ColeusRattus :He means that if something really unexpectd happens, like kid suddenly jumping ot of the street from behind a car, the human brain needs about one second to comprehend the situation and act accordingly.

On the other hand, a simple event that you are expecting (like a point changeing colour in such a test) the reaction time is greatly reduced.

EDIT: DANG, didnt see the second page... now, 4 min, THAT's a reaction time

lol

Things That Have Changed In You
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG