The online racing simulator
Controls for Race Of Champions (RoC) layouts
Specific controls (checkpoints / finish line) for use when making RoC layouts.

At the moment, if I was to place finish line across lanes 1 and 2 of layout (as per 1st image), then regardless of which lane you start in (1 or 2), once you do half the circuit (start/finish line of lane next to where you started), then you will cross the finish line, and race done.

In 2nd image, if you start in lane 1, you will be finished after completing half the circuit, but if you start in lane 2, you will have to do full circuit, and finish where you started.

Same with a checkpoint - ideally you would place it on the start/finish line in the other lane to where you started.

We already have multiple start positions, so these not required.
Attached images
RoC Controls.png
I also have created layout of this style (still to throw my lazyness away to create event for that) - I just planned the circuit so,that about midtrack both lanes come together for checkpoint (probably could work at your track by crossing) and used 2 laps setting for need to complete race. Never tested it other way then alone,but should work I believe.
I don't seem to understand the problem. You just have to set split2 just a few meters away from the finish line (towards first corner). Then the finish line will be ignored in the half-lap because you still have to cross all the splits, and the next time you crosh it you finish the race.
This even works in multilap races.
Easiest way to do this is to put Split 1 after the finish line and then put Split 2 somewhere before starting positions. After Split 2 add a small ramp to prevent cheating (as in going back). This will work with any kind of track layout. Just make sure you can't jump into other side using ramps. And you need to set 2 laps for one complete lap.
Yes you are all correct...BUT...this is a post request for an improvement - not a bodge.

I've just uploaded a couple of circuits that I wanted to do for RoC (HERE), but as the shortest of these is 4,200 metres / 2.61 miles, I only wanted a single lap.

Quote from sinanju :I only wanted a single lap.

Not sure if you got the idea right - you want a single lap,that consists from 2 different laps,here's the solution - place the split at the crossing (would probably need the height about midpoint between both line heights at that point,as splits don't work if car is much higher/lower then splitline) and finish line where you already have finish line. Then set layout to 2 laps and you will have one lap around each lane to complete the distance.
Attached images
136674.jpg
Not sure I understand the details.
ROC is already possible, like in replay
Attached files
DataFi vs AkuLambat.mpr - 66.3 KB - 251 views
I see what Sinanju means - he wants car-specific checkpoints for when the cars are using the same piece of track, but at different times during the race. Otherwise, car 2 would be crossing sc1 only in its second lap...

Hmmmmm, tricky Smile
Alright, found my issue, which was that every way I laid out Start boxes / Finish Line /Checkpoints, I always put Finish Line in front of Start boxes. This doesn't work. You need to put FL behind the boxes.

Layout can be found HERE.

Also took me a while to get my head round setting race for 2 laps - of course, what is meant is that wherever you start, once you cross the finish line first time (lap 1), you will be in other lane, next to where you started, and next time you cross finish line (lap 2) you will be back in lane where you started. And finish race. And of course, for every additional complete circuit you want to do, you add 2 laps.

So thanks for the info on that. And for tip on placing checkpoints in mid-air, midway on crossover. This meant that I could get all 3 sector checkpoints placed so that times are recorded.

Caveat: Haven't checked it racing beside someone, but I assume all should be ok!
I'd sign up in an instance for such an event

Controls for Race Of Champions (RoC) layouts
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG