The online racing simulator
Game Stock Car Extreme
(24 posts, started )
Game Stock Car Extreme
I was just wondering if people think it is worth getting and their opinions on it

Thanks

k_badam
Not sure... It's kinda like a mod for rFactor. If you like that, and you can get it cheap, go for it.
I feel like I'm looking at LFS for the 1st time again: OMG this is so cool!
Empty Box has listed his personal Pro and Cons.

Pro :

Great physics across the board with no “wtf this thing is junk” vehicles.
Forgiving but difficult. My gut feeling : this is what a racing sim should drive like because this is how a car drives.
Stock Cars are awesome.
Fantastic circuits, most of which aren’t the common “you’ve driven a billion laps here already” variety.
Sounds.
Car selection (see below though)
Looks good (to me)
AI on proper settings provides a challenging race which makes me push as hard as I would in an online race and doesn’t suffer from the “go way slow in that corner” syndrome.
Modability and tons of add-on tracks available, several updated to a higher standard to bring them closer to Reiza’s quality versus the standard rFactor conversion.
Fantastic in the here and now.
Con :

No weather (though that is still somewhat of a luxury feature in sim racing, let alone a GOOD weather system)
Visuals aren’t for everyone
No one outside South America has ever heard of Brazilian Stock Car racing…
Car selection is too biased towards F1 style cars.
Track selection doesn’t really support F1 cars
online is pretty much dead outside the club or league setting (though mind you, public servers are almost always messes anyways)
AI like all AI is dumb on lap 1.
No automatic steering rotation setting.
Aging platform means it almost certainly has limited space for improvement though it doesn’t necessarily need it right now.
http://www.bsimracing.com/reiza-studios-game-stock-car-extreme-review-by-empty-box/

Try the demo and report back, A free 30-day demo version is also available (GSC LITE).
Thanks for the info and your opinions! I watched empty box's review and i think it is worth buying. I also had a go on the demo and the stock cars hit the spot for me along with the Formula 3 cars which are good to.

k_badam
Just fyi if you don't know there is a crowdfunding thing going on and they have reached their goal so all of the stuff listed here:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reiza-simracing-bonanza#/story
is going to be added into the game:
- v8supercar (they are calling it superv8)
- Mitsubishi Lancer Cup car
- Mitsubishi Lancer 600hp rallycross car
- Copa Montana, 300hp racing pickup
- v10 era f1 car
- 600-HP V8 Supertrucks
- f3 car
- more tracks

Reiza also has bough the rf1 source code which should mean they are planning to seriously upgrade some parts of the game. There is just 2 days of left of that crowdfunding though. I got both the games and the next game and I think it is great. I definitely see better future for this than ac.
rF1 source code lol, is that suppose to be a good thing? Smile
How on earth could be anything else than good thing? Other than starting from completely scratch the rf1 engine is pretty much the only one you can get atm if you ignore x-motor racing... Ac doesn't sell its engine, rf2 doesn't, iracing doesn't...
Quote from Hyperactive :
[bla]

Sigh... Again no focus on multiplayer improvements
Quote from cargame.nl :
Quote from Hyperactive :
[bla]

Sigh... Again no focus on multiplayer improvements

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/official-reiza-rooms-for-public-multiplayer-racing.108849/
"If this goes well and we manage to build up enough participation, longer term prospects include setting up leaderboards, organizing regular prize-giving competitions and also prizes for participation & safe driving - for that purpose we highly recommend users get into the habit of using their real names or at least stick to the same profile as results will already be logged on the server."
Well at least the online is about trillion time better than ac. I'm not talking about the netcode but the people. I have not seen even one t1 carnage yet and I just did a race with the ...ehm... touring car thingies on a track where t1 is basically 100mph chicane with 12 other people. People seem to drive so nicely. Everybody gives me the way when I catch up slower cars when I'm on quali lap or when I'm lapping people and when racing people actually take care not to drive into you. It is almost like all the console kiddies are in ac mp and the harrrdcore simracers are in sce Tongue.

I think from now on I'll always check sce first when I'm looking for some online racing. As far as the server population goes it does seem like on the evenings there are couple of servers with 10+ people and maybe 4 more with 2+ people. There is some kind of server rotation system and the reiza servers are doing 25minute races. Formula truck is sadly a ghost town though Frown.

The completely new tracks is a plus too. Tracks I've never even heard of that are fun to drive. Plus there are lots of modded content as well even though most of it is direct conversion from rf1. I did convert my own track from rf1 too sce but the ai is a bit slow in weird places so I'm probably not going to release it. For hotlapping it works fine, there are just couple of fast corners where the ai brakes... when it should go flatout. If someone wants to try the track I can upload it somewhere.
The v8 supercar is fun to drive. It drives completely different than the iracing version. Where as the i version was constantly slipping and sliding at the edge of self destruction the sce version is a lot more planted until you start to really push it.

Wish there were more people online. It is just great fun when you find a server. Compared to ac online the sce online experience is super clean.
To anyone that owns this game with a CD key, activate it now on steam to claim your free copy of "Automobilista".
What do you mean with CD key? I bought this game before it went to Steam so does that count? Might be a stupid question but I didn't understand Big grin

E: But I have it in Steam now (well, long time already).
when u buy the game in DVD/CD form there is a code that comes in the box that you put in before it installs so it can make sure you havent pirated it
If I understood correctly, it's enough I have GSC connected to Steam to get free Automobilista.
Stock Car Extreme is awesome. Niels is absolutely fantastic in getting the most out of the ISI engine. Having said that, once you start pushing the car and getting up to the limits, playing with and controlling the limits, etc. it's still 'ol ISI physics with all the usual unnatural, wackyness once out of the physics engine's "sweet spot".

Having said that, 90% of my simracing time for the past 12 or 13 years has been with ISI physics games (especially rFactor 2 and Stock Car Extreme in the past 3 or 4 years) as they are still very fun to play once you adjust and get used to "ISI Physics Land" but, for eg., get the Live For Speed FV8 or F1 and it obliterates ISI physics when it comes to controlling oversteer, how the vehicle behaves during oversteer, how it reacts during oversteer based on your inputs, how the car behaves during the recovery half of oversteer, the way the direction of travel of the car points to relative to the rear rotation, etc. etc. You don't need to get used to "Live For Speed" physics land; I control and correct oversteer just like I do/did in real-life road-cars and racecars. Do this in "ISI Physics Land" and you will either crash, drive sharply laterally across the track (as if you simply decided to turn sharply rather than oversteer), snap overcorrect the other way, or the car will continue rotating as if the vehicle simply doesn't respond to steering inputs.

Once you learn the limits of the physics engine and how to drive and save oversteer according to "ISI Physics Land", then it is really fun but those moments are still frustrating because it is still quite odd, unnatural, and "digital" regardless of whether you save the slide or not (it's not only about saving the slide, but doing it in a natural, intuitive way). Those areas are still all wacked in ISI physics. Also, low speed grip is still weird where cars need to be "pointed" through rotation to get around corners rather than just relying on sheer grip, if you do that then you risk massively understeering as if the track's friction was suddenly lost. Again though, stay in the physics engine's sweet spot and it's fantastic.

The FFB is setup to be very natural and clean. I feel it's quite vague and uninformative/bland at times especially when it comes to front tyre grip and generally braking but it's "clean" and natural because of realfeel and properly setup suspension to go with realfeel.

Until the core engine itself is changed/updated/modified, those wacky areas outside of the core physics engine's sweet spot will never go away no matter how fantastic a job a car creator/modder (Eg. Niels H.) does at adjusting/inputting different variables to drive that core physics engine.
GSCE kills it in terms of immersion, and is an awesome sim despite being rFactor 1 based.
Sounds are better than LFS and AC, as is AI.
To me, it provides the best offline 'race weekend' experience,
I'm very much looking forward to Automobilista,
I think the main improvement is the name xD
I am looking forward to the stadium super trucks and that fantastic sounding F1 V10.

Game Stock Car Extreme
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG