The online racing simulator
Setup noob needing help with gearing
(3 posts, started )
#1 - Herbz
Hello all,

I spent most of yesterday evening trying to set up the gearing in the FOX on AS club. Normally I would download a setup (from Inferno for example) and use their gearing set up, I then adjust tyre temps camber, suspension, diff etc to my liking. I do however want to learn how to set up the gearing myself.

Most of the guides say to setup the gears so that top gear is just about redlining at the end of the longest straight. Is there an easy way to do this? I seem to run in to trouble trying to space the gears correctly to get the most out of the top gear.

Bob's Gearing calc helped somewhat, but I don't really know what to aim for (revs on gear changes etc).

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
-
(Captain Slow) DELETED by Captain Slow
Quote from Herbz :Hello all,

I spent most of yesterday evening trying to set up the gearing in the FOX on AS club. Normally I would download a setup (from Inferno for example) and use their gearing set up, I then adjust tyre temps camber, suspension, diff etc to my liking. I do however want to learn how to set up the gearing myself.

Most of the guides say to setup the gears so that top gear is just about redlining at the end of the longest straight. Is there an easy way to do this? I seem to run in to trouble trying to space the gears correctly to get the most out of the top gear.

Bob's Gearing calc helped somewhat, but I don't really know what to aim for (revs on gear changes etc).

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

It's quicker and easier to change the final drive. Then you can adjust the spacing of the gears to suit particular corners on the track.
Yep, just space the gearing nicely, then use final drive to alter top speed without messing up the spacing. Of course this may well make 1st gear either too long or too short, so you'll probably make some tweaks to spacing anyway. I always make top gear have a ratio of 1:1.

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG