The online racing simulator
Qualifying laps not counting!
(14 posts, started )
We just had a race at Aston Club (AS2), with the layout attached.

Default splits and finish line, but with a starting grid and starting positions for 40 drivers.

This track allows 32 cars on track/boxes, so we added the remaining 8 slots behind the boxes building.

The problem is:
People that started in those added slots was never able to end their first lap.

They crearly cross the finish line and all splits. They exit the boxes as all other drivers did.

We hope Scawen sees this in time to fix it before the upcoming patch, as our whole 2016 season is designed to have 40 slots grid in most races.
Attached files
AS2_falso.lyt - 420 B - 333 views
20160104_1_Q.mpr - 6.6 MB - 317 views
Driver "F1M Alfredeo" is good example to watch because he does many un-interrupted laps without them counting.

Here is some qualis with extraboxes, maybe useful to compare or so. The first one seems practically the same to me, except AS4 instead of AS2, but it worked there.

1) qualy on AS4 that had extra-boxes:
http://cl.racemore.de/cl21/replays/cl21_07_g1_q.mpr
driver "99-HoR Joker" starts from extra box, his laps get counted.
(The other drivers seem to cancel their inlap and restart from pit)

2) Qualy on BL1 with extraboxes, worked too. But I think nobody spawned on the extra boxes because drivers joined with bit delays.
http://cl.racemore.de/cl21/replays/cl21_09_g1_q.mpr

3) Qualy on WE open config, all pitboxes were extra-boxes. worked too.
http://abnl.racemore.de/replays/ABCup/AB1RS_02_q.mpr
Any developer around here? I expected this bug to be flagged as important right away. We are talking about ruining whole races for many people.

When I post a bug report I'd like to get some kind of feedback. Did you even see this thead?

And what about this other bug report? https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/88504-AntiAliasing-missing-while-lossing-connection

I don't ask for special treatment, I trully believe that any bug report that makes sense should have a dev answer as simple as "we'll look into it" or "not on the priority list, but noted for future fix".
Thats how it goes here.. Try to work around the problem in the meantime by not let all 40 start their qualify session at the same time.

I have discovered another bug concerning custom pitboxes (car not moving after pitstop completed) but the replay is 150 Mb :s
I belive our InSim program relies on everybody being on track at session restart, tough luck.

Cargame, I think you should report it, despite the tread being ignored at least other users could learn how to avoid issues.

I don't know how to reproduce the bug I reported here, because it is nearly imposible to have more than 32 people kind enough to test it again. So when the next race arrives, we are going to cross our fingers and hope Gutholtz is right and this is random or a 1 time bug.
Try gather more then 10 users,who each can add 3 AIs on track (/carsguest=3). Maybe the bug shows up then too. Shrug
Quote from Whiskey :
Cargame, I think you should report it, despite the tread being ignored at least other users could learn how to avoid issues.

It takes me over an hour to upload the replay to somewhere with this awesome German third world internet (Germans are so technically advanced is the general assumption, well, forget about it) ... Would love to have a replay stripper. But maybe I can reproduce it.. It's rare anyway... I think it has something to do with cooling the tires completely @22 degrees and then trying to do a pit stop without replacing the tires and driving away.. But eehhh not 100% sure.. Have to see. If that is the situation, it's not -that- important.
Aha, good to know it is not a big issue.
I tried to use a mpr stripper last year, with not a very good result, though after a few tries it did actually result in a cutted mpr, but it was a bit glitchy, so I wouldn't trust it for debugging...
It's because the AS2 path does not extend far enough back. See attachment. It doesn't go all the way to the fence. So the game never tracks the car's progress.

I have to think about what to do about this. Either fix the path or add a warning or both...

But you can easily work around it in this case by moving the start positions forward a bit.
Attached images
missing_path.jpg
Quote from Scawen :It's because the AS2 path does not extend far enough back. See attachment. It doesn't go all the way to the fence. So the game never tracks the car's progress.

I have to think about what to do about this. Either fix the path or add a warning or both...

Does this affect only "pit start points" or "start positions" (aka grid slots) also must be inside the path?

I guess the ideal would be to have both things, extend the path where it is easy to fix, and get a warning when the layout is going to break the game.
Yes, it affects any start positions or pit start points outside the path on a default config.

Open configs are not affected by this problem.
Thanks for the clarification.

I hope the warning message is implemented in the upcoming patch, I don't want to dive into the .pth file structure to check the boundaries in all tracks xD
Funny how those path node squares get larger the further away they are... Wink
Quote from PeterN :Funny how those path node squares get larger the further away they are... Wink

Perspective and our brain don't mix very well.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG