The online racing simulator
#1 - mrd3r
Time for the AI to go mental(?)
Long time no see, as I had no connection throughout the past month due to small technical issues. Shrug Ongoing with my next suggestion...

This idea sparked out when I was playing Football Manager. The players have all these mental stats with them, so I'm thinking of making AIs in LFS that actually have different "minds" than the other. One can be aggressive when braking and overtaking, and the other will be rather cautious and rarely attempts risky overtakes. One can be not conscious of managing tire wear, while the other always looks to reserve their tire wear.

As you all know, AIs in LFS are still following the main line (literally Big grin) and not attempting to give some really interesting races, so this suggestion might still be a long way to go. That's it for now, as always I'm sorry if this suggestion was already mentioned somewhere else, sorry for the bad language, and have a good day/night/twilight/apocalypse.
Sometimes I think that they just stole artificial inteligence from FlatOut game Big grin

Anyway LFS is supposed be mainly a online racing simulator so quality of AI isn't very important at the moment I think...
#3 - mrd3r
Never played FlatOut before, but I'm starting to get the big picture Big grin

People like me, living in a not-so-fast-internet region, are used to race with the AIs offline more often than being accused of lagging racing online. Although I can set good lap times online, I still feel the need to practice offline, primarily in overtaking.
Fully agree mrd3r. Many of us get banned for trying to race on first world servers, so we need to race the AI, and while they are in fact better than they were, yes, sad but true, they are still a bit challenged.
Actually, they race like ( Safe Zone for offended nationalities Smile ) and we all know how bad they are.
And just fast lapping gets boring very quickly. LFS is an online game, best racing actual people so hopefully the Devs will keep releasing great content, the user base will grow and the game moves forward.

Meanwhile, TCR is back up in NZ, not that anyone but me seems to be there, a couple of Aussie servers, nothing I've seen in Indonesia, but here's hoping Smile
#5 - mrd3r
Quote from Racer X NZ :Fully agree mrd3r. Many of us get banned for trying to race on first world servers, so we need to race the AI, and while they are in fact better than they were, yes, sad but true, they are still a bit challenged.
Actually, they race like ( Safe Zone for offended nationalities Smile ) and we all know how bad they are.
And just fast lapping gets boring very quickly. LFS is an online game, best racing actual people so hopefully the Devs will keep releasing great content, the user base will grow and the game moves forward.

Meanwhile, TCR is back up in NZ, not that anyone but me seems to be there, a couple of Aussie servers, nothing I've seen in Indonesia, but here's hoping Smile

Didn't understand what you said entirely (or is it just me?), but I did get some points. And to sum it all up...

Here's a toast for a better LFS! (And a new year full of hope!) *clank*

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG