The online racing simulator
S3 too expensive
(103 posts, closed, started )
#76 - CSF
Quote from dekojester :

It flies in the face of those who still try to run events to have people call the game "dead". It is unquestionably the MINDSET of the community which is dead, NOT the game. Every time someone comes back to LFS to try a new thing in the past few months, I see them say "Wow! I forgot how fun LFS is!" after they spend time in a server with others trying same new thing. It's not the sign of a dead game, it's the sign of a dead, feckless community.

I don't really think you can expect people to put the same level of commitment into something that doesn't change. The person gets older with the game, thus without new people coming through the community was always going to slow and stumble. That was caused by the slow development. If you look at the top of irental, you will see a lot of the folk that played LFS, and who have now moved over there... why? Because its new, its constantly new and it has a challenge, whether it be the racers or the new content.

It's not about the Sim being perfect (its not, or wasn't I don't know anymore but LFS has always been far from perfect) but irental produced content change after content change, giving people an opportunity to drive many different combinations of track/cars/class... full servers after a proper advertising campaign... for those that moved over, that was what they had on LFS, but eventually the same stuff gets... samey.

At the same time Live For Speed slowed (and nor can you blame a team of 3 for slowing, their baby has been a great success, but imagine the burnout!)... you can't blame people for getting fed up of an old game, that is the nature of gaming, you move on. Yes the classics still feel fun, but eventually you get to the same place you put them on the shelf in the first place...

What actually happened is the community came out of its initial shell... plenty of the older people still sim, and even still sim together (ffs Jack Sedgwick races for ineX at times...jaysus upside down etc!) so the community spirit fostered at LFS is still there, but they moved onto a fresh shell, with more stuff to do, more quicker people, more events... isn't that why people game online... challenge?
Well its like "Early access alpha" Version is 0.6 now.
Quote from Scawen :We do intend to add more to the S3 license, though we cannot guarantee it.

Life happens.
Quote from cupra M1K3 :Life happens.

Must try that excuse in my work.

Except we don't charge customers for dodgy promises.

LFS is dead, this is one last rip-off the developers are chancing. Looks like they've screwed a lot of idiots over.
Then enjoy your only lifetime situation,where you're the only smart person around! Thumbs up
You are jelly because LFS is on the road to a great recovery..just wait and see. Wink
If you are here to be negative, do yourself a favor as well as for the other community members - log off and remain that way, there is no need to post a reply that is purely based on the way you feel about yourself and not one bit of objective criticism.
Agreed Rony^^ Seriously I haven't see one person complaining they have been ripped off, only you thinking we all have lol. It's £12 and if it helps keep the development going I'm happy to pay it however long any future updates take.
I don't care about the £12 (17€) as long as it keeps the developers motivated to work on new content for S3.
Honestly it's really not that much money and how many people have purchased iRacing content for more than 400$ and barely touched the Sim although they've spent a lot.

I bought S3 on the 20th and had much fun on Rockingham so far. I can say it's definitely worth the money.
Totally agreee. Rockingham ROCKS !!!!
17€ for the fun I had, I have and I will have are peanuts !!!
And if that can motivate even more Scavier, then I am even more pleased to spend that money !
Quote from Flotch :Totally agreee. Rockingham ROCKS !!!!
17€ for the fun I had, I have and I will have are peanuts !!!
And if that can motivate even more Scavier, then I am even more pleased to spend that money !

True Rockingham ROCKS

Nice too se how close too reallity SmileLFS
Those saying LFS is dead are just trying to convince themselves for their greediness.They were complaining there was not enough content, now they're complaining the price is too high.
If LFS really die one day it'll be because they failed to support it in the first place, ironically they'll be saying "See I was right!"

I made two layouts yesterday after several days of racing on Rockingham and by looking up-close the track while editing, you realize how Eric has done an amazing job with details all around the roads, garages and so on. It takes time to achieve this quality and if we want further additions, I believe 12 pounds after 10 years isn't much asking compared to all the DLCs (skin pack seriously?) some games are getting. My two cents.
LFS has been dead for years, and unfortunately I don't see it being revitalized, not with Scavier, sadly.

Didn't think 12 pounds for S3 was too expensive though, 36£ over 10 years isn't a whole hell of a lot of money.

I guess I just thought that the devs deserve the 12 pounds from me, after all these years, even though I don't see myself getting back into LFS, mostly because there isn't really anything for me to come back to, and the fact that I'm seriously considering switching over to the dark side and getting iRacing.
Quote from Qurpiz :there isn't really anything for me to come back to

Just out of curiousity - what's that,for what you would come back? So many say this,I just wonder what LFS has lost,that so many doesn't want to "come back".
Quote from Eclipsed :Just out of curiousity - what's that,for what you would come back? So many say this,I just wonder what LFS has lost,that so many doesn't want to "come back".

Online FOX races going on all the time would be a start.

Basically online that isn't cruising or drifting. Used to be there where populated race servers around all the time.
And who makes those servers populated? Players. And you're one of them! From nothing comes nothing - everyone just sits at forum and writes that nothing happens,well - turn this around and start something!
I'm doing my part for those,who like to race in sanctioned events - well,obviously my events aren't the best as many are not interested,but who joins,have their share of fun as most come back.
Of course event with practice,qualifying and just a 1 single race is not that interesting for those,who are looking for pick up racing,but still it's one of opportunities to race and who knows - maybe from one race a group of drivers don't have enough and join a deserted public server for some pick up racing,where others might join...
Quote from Eclipsed :And who makes those servers populated? Players. And you're one of them! From nothing comes nothing - everyone just sits at forum and writes that nothing happens,well - turn this around and start something!
I'm doing my part for those,who like to race in sanctioned events - well,obviously my events aren't the best as many are not interested,but who joins,have their share of fun as most come back.
Of course event with practice,qualifying and just a 1 single race is not that interesting for those,who are looking for pick up racing,but still it's one of opportunities to race and who knows - maybe from one race a group of drivers don't have enough and join a deserted public server for some pick up racing,where others might join...

So true Smile
You know these people in the corner with their arms over one another during a party having this facial expression "I am here but I don't like it because I don't like myself" ... Well, same situation here.

Even if you give them a free beer they still wouldn't cheer up. Always find something to be 'angry' about. But ah who bothers, corner is corner.
Quote from cargame.nl :Even if you give them a free beer they still wouldn't cheer up. Always find something to be 'angry' about. But ah who bothers, corner is corner.

Can I have a shot of whiskey instead? Beer is for frat guys.
Quote from cargame.nl :You know these people in the corner with their arms over one another during a party having this facial expression "I am here but I don't like it because I don't like myself" ... Well, same situation here.

Even if you give them a free beer they still wouldn't cheer up. Always find something to be 'angry' about. But ah who bothers, corner is corner.

Not true. Im a very positive guy and also one of the, what you call, moaners. This thread was opened by a guy who entitled it "S3 too expensive". This is supose to be a thread to anyone who relates to the OP. Its true that everybody has their own opinions and the right to post something here, but what i see alot of people defending the devs and bashing on the moaners ( not all of corse ).

Cargame, you are basicly calling all of us that did not aprove this "S3" update, joykillers? no lifers? self pittiers? hatters ? i dont get it...every coment you been posting here, you are either profiling the "hatters", or criticising them for not shuting up and "eat their food". I dont wanna eat this food, it sat too long on the shelf before it was picked up. I am entitled to feel this way, and keeping on the metaphore, since i really like this menu, it bothers me that i have to eat it cold and rationed, and still pay for the whole thing plus tip.

I used to think you were a reasonable guy, but not so much now. Get down from your high horse, stop that nonsense profiling please, you and everybody whos doing it, and have some respect for the ones that are in the right place expressing their dissaproval of this latest devs move. At least for the ones that do it properly, politely and with founded critics.
Respect for what? Doing nothing else then spawning negativity? They, you all, sitting behind your keyboards doing nothing else then criticizing and commenting others while not producing anything. Not going to happen. Lazy bunch of whiners.

And to add.. You didn't even tried Westhill 2.0 online which you got for free. Can't be satisfied with anything => borderline person.

Nothing to do with high horse. People like you are on a high horse with no respect to releases. It's pre release anyway. You are not forced to do anything, which seems to suit the profile.
Quote from cargame.nl :Respect for what? Doing nothing else then spawning negativity? They, you all, sitting behind your keyboards doing nothing else then criticizing and commenting others while not producing anything. Not going to happen. Lazy bunch of whiners.

And to add.. You didn't even tried Westhill 2.0 online which you got for free. Can't be satisfied with anything => borderline person.

Nothing to do with high horse. People like you are on a high horse with no respect to releases. It's pre release anyway. You are not forced to do anything, which seems to suit the profile.

Like i said, you got no respect for people and still continue profiling....are you some sort of doctor or psychiatry? My god man, the arrogance on you is behond anything...are you one of those keyboard heros that hide behind a screen and live in your parents basement? Because i didn't had this impression of you till right now! Still i make no assumptions, but i do question myself about that.

Its not spawning negativity......its an opinion. I guess you are that kind of guy that encorages mediocrity or less. The devs took 7 years to release 1 track, that was made 7 years ago, and you say " WELL DONE GUYS! AMAZING WORK!!"......while the track maybe be very good, it took them 7 years to release it. By any standards, 7 years its a long long time. Somewhere between those 7 years, i stoped playing LFS, i got bored of playing the same old tracks ( even with the new layouts, but how much can you strech the dough? ).

Yes i did not played westhill 2.0, i did try it on a friend PC, but still one remake of a track wasn't enough to reel me in again. Nor is this new track for 16€, and i dont care if you think 16€ isn't alot of money, for me it is. Im working and studying at the same time, so dont gimme that bullshit "lazy bunch of whiners"....you don't even know me, and my life doesnt revolve around this or any other computer game...

"people like you are on a high horse with no respect to releases" - I very much respect Assetto Corsa for their releases, they deliver the bang for the buck. And before you say something like : - then go play AC -, i do play it. But f**k me if i like LFS too and would like to see it getting the love it deservs right? And i guess f**k me too for thinking the devs where greedy and took a massive s**t on old LFS users? ( how do i, a lazy whiner, even dare to think such an atrocity, right? ) ....f**k me....
I just want to bring a good light into this and say: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...And Dawesdust is so far into the Canadian corner, he is no longer welcomed...Merry Christmas!!!
On Topic:

tom0900060, it's not just an oval track, it's quite a bit more than that.
I will rather wait and see what Scawen will say about the next batch of content they are working on now, as he said, then we'll see. I don't want to spend 16 or 17 euros on a license which I have no ideia how long it will take the devs to release more stuff.

Off Topic:
Quote from cargame.nl :Lol, in fact racingdepartment, this forum... Where you need to pay just to be on the forum...

What are you talking about? Dave, stop being silly pls. That's not true.

Also, what's so wrong with a community asking Kunos or any other company to improve something on their software/whatever else for the good of everybody??
Stop being such a salty dick around here. It looks like you are doing this as a hobby or something.
You are not helping anybody by having such attitudes.

By the way, it's racedepartment, not racingdepartment lol
Quote from JBiturbo :it took them 7 years to release it.

Bla, nonsense .. If there wasn't any buzz about it then it would have been raved/cheered now. This is just your media head playing about. Look at it with a clear mind. But you can't, because you got influenced by the big crowd there on this sideline.

Quote from JBiturbo :
I very much respect Assetto Corsa for their releases,

Good for you! It was NetKar before. Nobody cared. I still don't care, because, in my eyes, it's badly put together. And it has the wrong vibe. But hey, again, I am not raging on their forums how bad multiplayer is. That I want a refund!!! Or what else.. {tears in my eyes}.

The emotional drama of a game/sim. It sometimes is too much for me.

Quote from OTone :

By the way, it's racedepartment, not racingdepartment lol

Thanks Smile .. It was an amazing 5 minutes spending there Wink

Quote from OTone :you are doing this as a hobby

Yes Tongue .. I think we can drink a good one in real life Ri.. Otone.. Tongue

Ffs.. 17 Euro's.. I received a hundred times bigger total of speeding ticket infractions (no, much much more)..
It's ok for some people to think it's too expensive, and ok for others to choose to invest in future content (just like most of us have always done with LFS), and for others to pay because they support the project or for whatever other reason.

We've been told there is more content on the way in the near future. Perhaps it will be good value for some, perhaps not so much for others, but we just can't know that.

Nobody has an 'incorrect' opinion, since value is a subjective and personal thing. So why argue? Can we reign this thread in now please before it gets too ugly?

Cheers.
This thread is closed

S3 too expensive
(103 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG