The online racing simulator
Option to stabilize camera
(5 posts, started )
I seem to remember Scawen saying he was interested in this, but that was a long time ago so I figure it might be a good time to bring it up again. Big grin

For me, it feels much nicer when the camera is more or less stabilized to the external world, not just fixed to the body of the car:

[

I use Laimiss's WR hotlap replay on Blackwood rallyx as it's got lots of big bumps and jumps which show the effect off well.
Quote from Rotareneg :I seem to remember Scawen saying he was interested in this, but that was a long time ago so I figure it might be a good time to bring it up again. Big grin

For me, it feels much nicer when the camera is more or less stabilized to the external world, not just fixed to the body of the car:

It would improve a lot if you didn't fixed the camera to the car... Letting the camera move with G forces is what gives you the inmersion.

I know some people like the horizont based view, but if I see a comparison video I want it to be real, not biased.
Ok, here's the same replay with head movement enabled:

Thank you. IMO driving without g foces is an awful experience in every game. I've always liked best the driver view over some kind of magic camera based on the horizon but this is a matter of taste.

I was so pleased when someone told me how to disable it in Assetto Corsa, and I miss a lot the look ahead (steering turning the camera a bit) in most games, though I don't care much about it if missing.
The look-while-steering doesn't work here only because of the way the little demo program overrides the camera in LFS, if it was properly implemented in LFS itself it'd work just fine.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG