The online racing simulator
S3 too expensive
(103 posts, closed, started )
Simples - vote with your feet if you don't like it. No-one's putting a gun to your head.
I'm really happy for S3 to have come out! And no, it's not to expensive.
I trust more content for S3 is yet to come, and compare these 12€ to the price of a film ticket? The price os some beers? Come on !!
Thanks for the effort devs Smile!
In fact the O/P is correct S3 is too bloody expensive.
I have S3 and gone through 3 pc's, several steering wheels and a marriage!!!!
Cost me a blinking fortune
Quote from tom0900060 :£12 for one oval track? seriously?

FYI, its not one oval track, its 11 different confoguration...
you drove 290 kms in almost a year.... and you want more content....shame on you.... OMG
i think devs done a good job so far! look, westhill, rockingham,web etc, at least we can see they are doing something * not only talking like before lol *
-
(cargame.nl) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
(TypeRacing) DELETED by Scawen : spam
Quote from jopapuba :FYI, its not one oval track, its 11 different confoguration...

what confogaraton is best ???????????? Smile
Honestly, I think that LFS development takes way too long and other games are now better in graphics, damage model and have licensed content with comparable physics.
Physics is the only thing that is in LFS on top level and I expected new tyre physics to be released instead of 1 track after so many years.
I personally would be astonished with rockingham or scirocco in 2009 when it was firstly announced, but not now in 2015.
I am big fan of LFS and played a lot, but my opinion is that updates should be larger scale.
And yes... Rockingham have 11 configs, but still its just 1 track with small differences.
Well I play pCars and rF2 mostly but it has not stopped me upgrading to S3, I still enjoy the odd trip around some of these tracks and don't reckon £12 is anything these days, its just 4 pints of beer or 1.75 packets of cigs...

Lucky I dont drink or smoke, so can afford it easy lol Wink
Quote from shmall719 :Well I play pCars and rF2 mostly but it has not stopped me upgrading to S3, I still enjoy the odd trip around some of these tracks and don't reckon £12 is anything these days, its just 4 pints of beer or 1.75 packets of cigs...

Lucky I dont drink or smoke, so can afford it easy lol Wink

straight to point! i know there many young people playing, who dont even think about, smoke or few drinks, thats why they cry over 12£ !! and many ( older age people ) they just dont care haha
We can everything compare to cigarettes or alcohol and say that its not much. I am not smoker and also not alcoholic. Big grin
I'm not saying that 12 pounds is expensive, but for all promised S3 content.
And people are not complaining because they are broke and can't spend 12 pounds. But for now... its expensive compared to other games. Mainly if you dont have guarenteed other content yet.
Quote from nacim :Wow, TIL ! That's such a weird behaviour, it makes the choice of S1/S2/S3 when creating the server nearly useless actually. But nevermind, I was wrong, thanks for correcting me. Smile

Well, it does have practical uses. For instance, say I was running a server with user-voted track rotation. Restricting the content level would allow my application to be able to automatically limit content to the specified level, along with preventing any content loaded above my desired content level.
Quote from skswat :Honestly, I think that LFS development takes way too long and other games are now better in graphics, damage model and have licensed content with comparable physics.
Physics is the only thing that is in LFS on top level and I expected new tyre physics to be released instead of 1 track after so many years.
I personally would be astonished with rockingham or scirocco in 2009 when it was firstly announced, but not now in 2015.
I am big fan of LFS and played a lot, but my opinion is that updates should be larger scale.
And yes... Rockingham have 11 configs, but still its just 1 track with small differences.

hahahah scirocco, that will get released when the real car isnt even in production anymore.

you would have to admit maybe your release schedule is a little shit when an in game item is announced but only released after the thing its modelled after has been discontinued.

we will all have hover cars by the time we get another decent release.

the other hilarious thing, i said my son would son graduate before we got S3, he graduated last thursday.
and its not even really S3 its a track. so i reckon he will finish high school and be in uni before we get s4.
plus he already coding, so i'll probably just get his to write me a better game in unity3d
Posted on September 22nd, 2009

"The Live for Speed development team has announced the first ever real racing track to be making it into their simulation as Britain’s Rockingham Motor Speedway will be joining LfS.

Rockingham won’t just be the first real track to be included in Live for Speed, it will also be the first laser-scanned track to join the simulation. Thanks to the laser scanning, the team has archived a very impressive level of detail as you can see below. The track will be released as part of a S3 license update together with another new car, a release date has not yet been announced."

Now, why am I a bit cynical about ""S3 RELEASED !!!!!!!, Pay uz moniesss...."

Posted Dec 22 2015

Still waiting on the car.
There's no way I can justify AUD$24.75 on Rockingham, sorry! Have bought all content immediately so far but this is too expensive.

Sorry!
Quote from petercollins :There's no way I can justify AUD$24.75 on Rockingham, sorry! Have bought all content immediately so far but this is too expensive.

Sorry!

damn straight, thats 4 games in the bargain bin at ebgames, all of which were released after lfs.

call me suspicious, but looks like they released something for a last minute cash haul prior to abandonment.
It's worth throwing them the £12 for their great effort towards VR - LFS is fantastic!
"for all promised S3 content"
so far the only *promised* S3 content is Rockingham. Smile

obzelite: yeah, feels like that. Luckily I don't have a problem with it, have been game dev a decade ago, so I have some idea how things works... or sometimes rather they don't. Big grin

But I see lot of support here, so let's hope it will help them to put some serious stuff together in next years.

Anyway, if not LFS, other games will get better, so in the end there's IMO bright future for PC sim racers. Big grin Maybe I will buy some wheel finally in next decade (so far too much work, etc, so I'm so far happy enough just to follow the development).
7 years in development for S3/Rockingham is a joke no matter what..
Why all these moaners think that in these all 7 years just Rockingham has been made? Haven't you noticed new Westhill? It's also totally new track,built from scratch with old layout as guide. And there have been many various updates,which default casual gamer wouldn't even notice,since they're not a truck driving over him. For everyone following discussions and progress is well known,that the most time since the famous "early 2009" has been spent for tyre physics. I'm not a programmer or a tyre engineer,so I cannot imagine how hard it is to create a quite precise simulation of this "small rubber stuff" on wheels. But if you can,why don't you create it,if it's so easy,you could be the next millionaire if you sell it in a racing sim with iRacing payment methods.

PS. I'm not a overdefencive fanboy here,I also would like to see different developement of LFS,but hey - WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING,it's only decision of devs,where the developement is going. Don't like it,don't buy it.
Indeed, Eclipsed. We have been receiving updates for LFS recently without being informed in the first place. Therefor I do expect unexpected new content release in the near future.
Quote from Eclipsed :Why all these moaners

Relax.. This is the internet these days. One big moanfest.
Quote from Eclipsed :Why all these moaners think that in these all 7 years just Rockingham has been made? Haven't you noticed new Westhill? It's also totally new track,built from scratch with old layout as guide. And there have been many various updates,which default casual gamer wouldn't even notice,since they're not a truck driving over him. For everyone following discussions and progress is well known,that the most time since the famous "early 2009" has been spent for tyre physics. I'm not a programmer or a tyre engineer,so I cannot imagine how hard it is to create a quite precise simulation of this "small rubber stuff" on wheels. But if you can,why don't you create it,if it's so easy,you could be the next millionaire if you sell it in a racing sim with iRacing payment methods.

PS. I'm not a overdefencive fanboy here,I also would like to see different developement of LFS,but hey - WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING,it's only decision of devs,where the developement is going. Don't like it,don't buy it.

People who are moaning, like myself, i admit, moan because they love the game ( at least thats my point of view ) . If i didn't care about the game, i wouldn't even bother to write here...

We moan because we feel like after S2 was release, it seems all the choices made for this game where really bad ones. Why complicate when there is no need to? You think 7 years to develop new physics for a game that has pretty much nailed them from the start is time well spent? Or that 7 years is a reasonable time to wait for 1 track + 1 car + new physics, and then you get charged for only the track, without knowing what the future will bring...

Seriously, people have the right to moan. I do it myself too, and its only because i love the game so much, that it pains me to see what has been happening to it since 2008.

Just take a look at S1 and S2, S1 was a relatively small game, 3 tracks + 6 or 7 cars. Then S2, the greatest thing that happened to LFS, 3 more tracks and 11 or 12 cars. Now S3, after 7 years, 1 track........and thats it. Its ridiculous m8. Rockingham should be an S2 freebie for all the people that wait for it for all these years, it would be the right attitude towards all of us. And if they really are working on new stuff, that should be the S3 pack, not this track. IF during these 7 years they focused on new stuff, like they are allegedly doing now, S3 would probably be awsome, and certainly worth 16€!!

The gaming companies are taking over with this business bullcrap plans of charging first, then you get the "goodies", and people like the ones that already bought S3 are just enabling them...Its exactly what im seeing here, its an early access to S3. But like many other games, you dont always get to see what you paid for, sometimes you dont see anything at all...just empty promisses. Meanwhile, the money is already on their side.

I cannot trust Scawen, because of what he has done in the past, all the wrong choices....I just dont see it as an investiment, i see it, sadly, as a scam to be honest. I know this is just a game, but it was one that really made an impact on me, so yes, i will respectably moan.
Absolutely right. Also, I would love to know the ages of those who have handed over £12 for one track. It is a monumental rip-off, a piss take of loyal LFS players.

It should have been added for free. That would've rejuvenated interest in loyal players and therefore servers, and maybe hooked a few more players in.

Instead they have chosen to profiteer as much as they can from this dying fanbase.

It is a kick in the teeth to players like me, who bought S1 and S2 on the same day having discovered an amazing low PC power sim back in the mid 2000s.

They can stick Rockingham up their arse, there's already the bones of a great Rockingham in Assetto Corsa and that will cost me £0.00.
I really don't get all these negative comments.
If you rather pay the amount when more content is released, then wait?
I've got a good friend that rather waits, end of story.

I'm playing LFS since 2004 on and off, I've played many several other sims (iRacing, rf2, assetto corsa) and I must admit I still prefer LFS in the long run. Okay, other games have more content and look nicer, but there's something about LFS that keeps me coming back.

Admittedly, I've bought S3, as my opinion is that i'm not paying 12 pounds(= 17€ @Spoody Gonzalez) for Rockingham, but i'm paying for future releases.

I suggest for the people, whom look at it the other way, that they wait for the mail that reveals an update with more content: cars, tracks, ...
This thread is closed

S3 too expensive
(103 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG