The online racing simulator
Ehh I couldn't no longer resist... Spent another 12 pounds with hope of some great new content and I'm counting on it! Smile
See you on Rockingham Smile
Quote from Flame CZE :It's at the top right. You can go there from the back of the pitlane area via the access road.

Quote from k_badam :use the road going off the track

Thank you guys.

Note for Scawen : lack of grip is missing there Tongue

Eric : you did a brilliant job there too Thumbs up . The track is very nice. Having 11 combinations is simply awsome !!

Quote from Hyperactive :Full price for single bit of early access type of content for existing old game with very high chance of that content never materializing? £12 for one track? Even kaemmer doesn't ask that much for their tracks. I paid less for the nordschleife. Wish I had something positive to say.

I think you do not look the right way for this. Yes AC team brought us the Nordschleife for a ridiculous price ... but it was a content limited to this and the 10 cars delivered then. And the DLC was named "Dream Pack 1" ... and so you know the story : there is no end to this last digit Big grin (Note1 : I will most probably by all of them ... Note2 : may be Kunos devs have stated there is an end somewhere, but I do not know).
Here, up to now, the LFS team is stating they plan to stop at S3 level. Even if I would not bother paying for more contents in the future, it may not happen in the end. By purchasing S3 you are buying the full product and additional contents that will/may be delivered for free. Isn't this a good deal ? I personnally think yes.

PS : I am, for a longtime, ready to pay for a rally pack Big grin
Allowing user generated content could be great. But instead of that, LFS keeps dying... and it's sad, I love this game.
So great to see this finally released. Merry Xmas devs.
So... S3 right ?

I've brought it without taking time to read the news, because I just needed an excuse to thank you for all those fun moments I've spend on S2. Smile

However, I'm disapointed that there were no test patch before official release. Rockingham feels less polished than Westhill, with texture mapping issues, floating lamps, Z-fighting on text and skid marks on asphalt, and weird collisions/weight with banners/turn signs. See screenshots for illustrations of reported problems.

I really hope that we'll have a new test patch soon to correct all of theses, and add the small thing that I asked (post-process without depth buffer is really too limited). Smile

Anyways, that's a nice track and it's for me a license full of hope, and I'm sure that this sale boost is something you needed to really get back on track, so keep it up Scavier ! Thumbs up
Attached images
lfs_00000097.jpg
lfs_00000098.jpg
lfs_00000099.jpg
lfs_00000100.jpg
lfs_00000101.jpg
lfs_00000102.jpg
lfs_00000103.jpg
Quote from Warper :...I dont see the anger of so many people. If it touches you so emotionally what LFS does, you should consider playing it more...

Well said!!

Thank you Devs!
Quote from nacim :...
However, I'm disapointed that there were no test patch before official release.

We did consider this! Smile

But just on this one occasion, we couldn't really do a test patch. Because we would have had to sell licenses only for a test patch without any official version to support them.

So we did some good testing with a small group of beta testers and decided that would be the best way forward, although we do prefer full public tests.

There is the possibility of an update, e.g. in January, if there are enough issues to make it worth while, though incompatible updates are a bit annoying. If it's not needed, I guess Eric would like to get stuck into finishing some other content after the holiday.
Thanks for the update with a huge surprise.
I understand the deal. Thanks for that and take my money.
Enjoy the holidays!
Quote from Scawen :But just on this one occasion, we couldn't really do a test patch. Because we would have had to sell licenses only for a test patch without any official version to support them.

That's what I've been thinking, but I'm sure people like me would have brought it to help you test it, because we know that a test patch means an official patch shortly after. Smile

Quote from Scawen :So we did some good testing with a small group of beta testers and decided that would be the best way forward, although we do prefer full public tests.

Consider me as a beta tester next time then. Big grin

Quote from Scawen :There is the possibility of an update, e.g. in January, if there are enough issues to make it worth while, though incompatible updates are a bit annoying. If it's not needed, I guess Eric would like to get stuck into finishing some other content after the holiday.

I'm sure that it's better to do an incompatible update as soon as possible, so people are not frustrated that their best lap times got reset. January looks good to me ! Smile
Quote from Scawen :The VWS will be S1 content as originally stated.

It depends on the new tyre physics being completed. As soon as the new tyre physics is ready, the VWS can be released.

For me the tyre physics is now a very high priority.

Just skimming this thread... but am I reading this right that since the VWS apparently will be S1, that new tyre physics will also be S1, not S3? I must say, this makes me even less inclined to purchase S3...

(As I posted on Reddit, I just paid £5 for a laser scanned Brand's Hatch together with some licensed cars in a DLC... the competition has changed a bit in recent years.)

EDIT: I have to update and say that the texture work on Rockingham appears to be top notch, judging from the screenshots... just too bad that the lighting in LFS lags about a decade behind.
Quote from eobet :Just skimming this thread... but am I reading this right that since the VWS apparently will be S1, that new tyre physics will also be S1, not S3? I must say, this makes me even less inclined to purchase S3...

(As I posted on Reddit, I just paid £5 for a laser scanned Brand's Hatch together with some licensed cars in a DLC... the competition has changed a bit in recent years.)

EDIT: I have to update and say that the texture work on Rockingham appears to be top notch, judging from the screenshots... just too bad that the lighting in LFS lags about a decade behind.

The tyre physics are global to all cars, so have no relation to S1/2/3. The S-levels are content only, not features (except demo vs licensed things like AutoX and Reverse configs)
Small note : when doing hotlapping on Sportcar config for example, if you do not take the first chicane and go through the cones (without touching them), you are still HLVC ok.
Attached files
Flotch_RO11_FXR.spr - 15.1 KB - 400 views
Quote from Flotch :Small note : when doing hotlapping on Sportcar config for example, if you do not take the first chicane and go through the cones (without touching them), you are still HLVC ok.

Nice one found Smile
Can I have my unlocks reset please, I just bought S3 and I used them up without thinking about downloading the patch, I'm such a numpty....thanks.
Quote from Born2BSlow :Can I have my unlocks reset please, I just bought S3 and I used them up without thinking about downloading the patch, I'm such a numpty....thanks.

Done
Quote from black2whited :Allowing user generated content could be great. But instead of that, LFS keeps dying... and it's sad, I love this game.

12 pages of input from the community in this thread alone in 24 hours, and you say LFS is dying? Interesting...

User generated content would make a beautifully simple game into a complicated mess. You would need to track down all of the elements needed in order to join just one server, and every server would have different requirements to participate. Instead of consolidating the community, it would only serve to spread it wider apart, imo.
YAY! LFS for life!!!!!! lol
about user generated content... Scawen already wrote he's quite interested to release modding tools. It's just he expect so harsh changes to current LFS (also to graphics engine), that it doesn't make that much sense, letting user creating content, which may be obsolete by some patch later. And we are probably talking about huge changes (at least I hope for dynamic weather, live track, and daytime/lighting = physically based materials/rendering makes then sense = you can trash all current assets and redo them from scratch). This would lead very likely to completely redoing all materials/textures, and some modelling... So after the modding tools will be released, it will be much more difficult to release breaking change. Just see the current situation with LFW records, and physics incompatible patches. Some fixes to tracks are postponed years, so the incompatible patches are rare. With user mods officially supported this would be probably even worse.
Now i need to upgrade my license soon, good job LFS dev team Smile.
The Rockingham National configuration (RO2) offers plenty of fun with the GT2, it was a great day on cargame Smile
As somebody already said, compare it to the price of eating out... And a decent wheel costs how much?

I reckon I've already had my 12 quid's worth and I haven't even driven all of the variants. (NB: I don't habitually burn money - I abandoned iracing cos it was much too expensive and limited...)
I see plans changed, but as been said, they always might changed Smile

Now it is time to save up some money for real gaming rig
This thread is closed

New Version 0.6K - Rockingham
(558 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG