The online racing simulator
Clutch / Gearbox improvments
(4 posts, started )
hi,

I'm sure it is already wirten on old forum,but we need it writen on this new forum
Also, I'm sure , Scawen already have this on his notes

Gearbox types
1- H normal
2- H direct drive dog clutch ( u can gear up without clutching )
3- Sequentiel drive dog clutch
4- Sequentiel Robotic

1) UF1, XFG, XRG
2) FXO, XRT, RB4, UFR, XFR, RAC, FZ5, XFG ? , FOX ?
3) FO8, FXR, XRR, MRT, FZR ?, FOX ?, XFR ?, UFR ?
4) FO8 ?, FXR ?, XRR ?, FZR ?

did i miss a car ?

Ohter problem, Clutch/Gearbox physisc is wrong, it is not simulating the synchro gear of the gearbox.. so you always have to completly press down the clutch pedal to gear, in reality,if the RPM are at the right speed, you shouldn't need to press the clutch at all, or just a little.

atm, imo, it's a pain using a clutch pedal... i'm only use it for special stuff :
- start
- sort of ASR ( anti slip system ) ( instead of releasing the accel, u can push the clutch a bit )

cheers,
Quote from MagicFr :Gearbox types
1- H normal
2- H direct drive dog clutch ( u can gear up without clutching )
3- Sequentiel drive dog clutch
4- Sequentiel Robotic

1) Every car atm in LFS that has roadtyres (most roadcars have synchromesh gearboxes)
2) UFR, XFR
3) MRT, FOX (if cars like that have sequential boxes IRL), FXR, XRR, FZR
4) FO8

It's true what you said about LFS clutch needing to be fully pressed before you can disengage / engage gear. Should be pretty easy (?) to code a range where you can change gears, since we already have clutch slip (and when time is right, also have damaged gears when you don't press clutch enough but still try to change ).
#3 - JeffR
Someone at the old forum posted a video of a F3000 uphill event, but I can't find it. However here is a link to a video, showing a fast no-lift shift sequential shifter in a BMW 320 STW E36 race car. LFS should include similar shifters in it's race cars. The rear end is really loud and whiny, so turn down the sound.

http://www.supercarchallenge.nl/video/Assen-bmwSTW.wmv
Yes, it'd be nice to simulate the synchro and the forces on the clutch plate... it's more or less required if we ever want gear damage.

I'd love to see a fully simulated transmission (in terms of component interaction), and *cross fingers* stalling, gear grinding, etc. I can imagine it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for someone racing a road car with normal gears to strip some teeth after a few laps of really aggressive shifting ( I know my car would only have 1st gear left after 10 laps :P )

I'd also like to see the ability to adjust the clutch throw in the Controls options... I currently either have to use DXTweak, or some calibration trickery to get it fairly realistic... fully depressing the pedal to fully engage the clutch is tiresome, and having it start to slip the moment your foot touches the pedal isn't fun either. (Though a full throw is great for FXR starts.... that engine bogs down fast)

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG