The online racing simulator
Round 3 [Nov 8, 2015] - Aston Historic
Round 3 :: November 8th, 2015

Track: Aston Historic [AS4]

Qualifying 13:45 UTC: 60 minutes timed [no limitations]
Race 15:00 UTC: 6 hours timed

We now have the situation that the designed season finale becomes the middle race of the season after a very long break. At this place my appologies for the inconvenience at the last round. This time I'll be around for the race. Passwords will be sent probably on Friday afternoon. This combo is again based on the recent CityLiga combo, so if you have practiced for it, you can convert it to experience for an endurance event.

Qualifying
With the start of the qualifying session, all Car/Class choices must have been posted. Late changes to the team's car and/or class are penalised with a drive-through penalty at the start of the race.
During qualifying one driver of each team is allowed to drive as many laps as they desire. Jumping to the pits via Shift+P/S is permitted at any time they wish to do so.
Since all classes are on track simutaniously, all cars have the same right to drive a fast lap at any time. Please take into your strategy, that you might run up to a car from a slower category on a fast lap.

Race
The race starts with a standing start a rolling start. The GTR class will be started by the LFS lights, while the five other classes will recieve a chat notification, one at a time (NGT, LX6, RFC, LX4 and TBO), aproximately every 5 seconds, starting their respective races. The grid will be lined-up by classes: GTR, NGT, LX6, RFC, LX4 and TBO. When the pace car enters pitlane, the GTR leader controls the speed. Overtaking is allowed when the Green Flag massage appears. The start will be automatically reviewed. Jump starts will be penelised with a drive-through penalty, either by LFS or by admin.
For a driver change, the entering driver should only join the server on the current driver's in-lap and the outgoing driver should leave the server leave the server within one lap. The driver who did the qualifying laps must drive at least one lap in the race.

Additional Information
In all sessions it is the slower car's task to drive a foreseeable line and it is the faster car's task to pass the slower car safely. Do not force a pass at unappropriate places! Please read the information on how to deal with traffic: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1893892#post1893892
When leaving the pit lane, you must pay attention to the yellow pit exit blendline!
Everyone is asked to respect the rules on chatting: During all sessions, chat is always automatically closed unless the race administrator opens it. There is no such thing as "perm".
Server set to the current combo and unpassworded
Any GTR team which needs one more driver for that race? I'd be in Big grin
PMs are sent, Server is passworded. Sign-ups are open and can be casted until the start of qualifying at 13:45 UTC.

If I missed anyone, or new sign-ups come in, please post here. PMs will be sent out prior to qualifying.
Fast And Crazy SimSports will miss this round...Sorry!
Thilo is currently stuck in a traffic jam, but I'm on the server so the timetable is still accurate!
Hello. I would like to know if there is any chance for me to view the race from ingame perspective? It is far from entertaining to watch it from LFSRemote.
Thanks.
Me two... i'd like to pop in for a while, if possible.
If you two'd drive it'd be far more interesting.

EDIT: In case you forgot: just under 20 minutes are left in OEC qual
I can not drive because I do not have a wheel.
Any chance to view from the ingame perspective?
Only four teams were represented by drivers at the end of the qualifying practice session. Together with the present drivers we agreed on a compromise: A reduction of the race length to 1 hour with half points scored and a lift on all limitations considering a minimum or maximum race distance are enforced.
inofficial tesults:
GTR:

NGT:
1. #48 eXtrem Racing - 23 laps
2. #05 World Class Lions - + 6.54

TBO:
1. #52 TC Racing - 21 laps *
([TC-R] Connor 21 laps, [TC-R] Elmo + 1 lap)

EDIT: We were not the only series of this type hit by such difficulties.
Quote from Spirit of VLN on Facebook :Race #3 at Bathurst (and season 3) was cancelled due to lack of interest from the teams and drivers

Source

Round 3 [Nov 8, 2015] - Aston Historic
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG