The online racing simulator
New pc - worse fps. Does proccesor really means so mutch for LFS ?
Hello, i'm about to back into lfs, buy again, but i have issue, i have new pc, a bit worse proccesor, not mutch tho, All other things are way better, let's take example for game: h1z1 ets2, they are working mutch smoother on my new pc.
So, On my Old pc, i was able to play LFS with max graphics + enb with 50fps +- When in server are 20 people.
And on old pc, i'm with very low graphics, no shadows and so on, i have only 45fps.

OLD PC: i.imgur.com/6PzkZBY.png
NEW PC: http://i.imgur.com/2HBkvn2.png

So guys, any solutions please ? Or in LFS proccesor means everthing ?
Both your processor as the amount of memory are more then sufficient to run LFS properly.
So the problem must either be in your graphics card or in other programs eating so much processor time, that it can't run LFS properly.

*edit*

Link to the image with the specs of your old pc: http://i.imgur.com/6PzkZBY.png
Neither of those systems should even be breaking a sweat running LFS, my last pc was a 3.6ghz pentium 4 machine from 2005 with only 4gb ram and an old radeon hd5450 512mb gpu and apart from the obvious cpu bottleneck I used to get I could run at least 40fps with a full grid and most graphics settings on highest most of the time, LFS should absolutely fly on either of those.
Are you on LFS patch 0.6J?

(version is on bottom of start of LFS screen).

---
Even if you are.. CPu's match really almost 100%;
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-5200U-vs-Intel-Core-i5-2520M

Can't be it. We need to guess your old GPU but all possible GPU's (AMD FirePro™ M3900, AMD Radeon™ HD 6470M, Intel HD Graphics 3000) perform -worse- then your current CPU with integrated GPU; Intel HD Graphics 5500

So something weird must be going on. You didnt provide enough information though.
#5 - nacim
It's maybe a problem with Optimus, the game is trying to run with the IGP instead of the discrete graphics. What GPU you have ?
Quote from cargame.nl :Are you on LFS patch 0.6J?

(version is on bottom of start of LFS screen).

---
Even if you are.. CPu's match really almost 100%;
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-5200U-vs-Intel-Core-i5-2520M

Can't be it. We need to guess your old GPU but all possible GPU's (AMD FirePro™ M3900, AMD Radeon™ HD 6470M, Intel HD Graphics 3000) perform -worse- then your current CPU with integrated GPU; Intel HD Graphics 5500

So something weird must be going on. You didnt provide enough information though.

Old pc cpu: http://i.imgur.com/Wm32bTs.png

Quote from nacim :It's maybe a problem with Optimus, the game is trying to run with the IGP instead of the discrete graphics. What GPU you have ?

http://i.imgur.com/hbVTrx6.png
Your old card was AMD Radeon 7400M series and the new one is Intel 5500 series.
I never liked onboard GPU's anyway, but the AMD one was probably better then the curren Intel one.
My advice would be to buy a seperate graphics card from either AMD or NVidia and put that in your pc.
You don't need an highend model by any means, so it can't be too costly and could even be a card someone has already used (second hand).
Just not gonna throw my old pc into trash, gonna play LFS with him i guess. Anyway still waiting, maybe some one have good reason why is this.
But thanks to all.
#9 - nacim
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Your old card was AMD Radeon 7400M series and the new one is Intel 5500 series.
I never liked onboard GPU's anyway, but the AMD one was probably better then the curren Intel one.
My advice would be to buy a seperate graphics card from either AMD or NVidia and put that in your pc.
You don't need an highend model by any means, so it can't be too costly and could even be a card someone has already used (second hand).

It's a laptop, the processor is an U model, for ultrabooks and thin laptops, he just can't upgrade it. That's why desktop PCs are the best.
Quote from nacim :It's a laptop, the processor is an U model, for ultrabooks and thin laptops, he just can't upgrade it. That's why desktop PCs are the best.

Ah, I see.
He was constantly talking about old and new PC, so I assumed he was actualy talking about a Personal Computer instead of a laptop.
And I agree, laptops (except the gaming series) aren't made to play games on, although their hardware is becoming better and better.
Quote from nacim : he just can't upgrade it. That's why desktop PCs are the best.

For LFS? Neh, if you pay attention to what you buy a laptop is sufficient enough to play LFS. A HD5500 should also be able to perform, just something wrong with settings/drivers.
I know, I played with my HD3000 for a while, but desktop are modular for your needs, and it can be upgraded. I prefer buying a 500$ desktop than a 900$ laptop, for sure.
Very difficult to have around your shoulder, in the car and install/use on a different location. Some people actually are on a lot of different locations you know. Besides, as I explained before, there are modular laptops. I have them with MXM and I prefer laptops. Never had a desktop in the last ten years. I don't understand that there needs to be discussion about it anyway. This laptop, these specs, it should run LFS better not worse. Laptop or desktop in this case doesn't matter at all.
Quote from cargame.nl :I have them with MXM and I prefer laptops.

MXM cars are expensive and very rare, there is no real upgrability because laptops with MXM slots are in general already equipped with high-end GPUs.

Quote from cargame.nl :This laptop, these specs, it should run LFS better not worse. Laptop or desktop in this case doesn't matter at all.

I agree on that.
They are not very rare, not more expensive then other 'desktop replacements' and I went from Fermi to Kepler and if I wanted I could fancy the new Maxwell chipset but I stopped gaming years ago so I don't need it. The thing is, it's better to judge only the things which you fully have knowledge of Wink.
Quote from cargame.nl :They are not very rare, not more expensive then other 'desktop replacements'

Send me some websites where you can get a 980M at the same price of an desktop 980 or less (the 980 is an example, and I know that the 980M is as powerful as an desktop 960 or 970), and where I can get from low to high end graphics card, on both manufacturer, and on the latest generation.

Quote from cargame.nl :The thing is, it's better to judge only the things which you fully have knowledge of Wink.

I had a laptop with MXM slot (2 years ago only) and I searched for theses cards so assuming that I don't have knowledge of it is a absurd.
What do you think, I am not a free work employee or something :s. I hope that this Iceland guy found some solution to his problem.
Quote from cargame.nl :What do you think, I am not a free work employee or something :s. I hope that this Iceland guy found some solution to his problem.

Sadly i don't found solution, and that's puts me off to back into LFS, i really feel uncomfortable to change pc everytime i want play LFS. Yes i have 2 accounts there.
Quote from Nerka5 :
NEW PC: http://i.imgur.com/2HBkvn2.png

I don't know.. For the first time in my life I had a W8.1 laptop here. What a terrible operating system this is! Starts scanning for malware for 56 hours, cannot control this behaviour, slows everything down. Flash/HTML5 video not working for some reason on the whole newly configured system. How people can work with this shit I don't know but it's off to good Windows 7 again.
Quote from nacim :It's maybe a problem with Optimus, the game is trying to run with the IGP instead of the discrete graphics. What GPU you have ?

Are you serious ? That was the first thing I posted !

New pc - worse fps. Does proccesor really means so mutch for LFS ?
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG