The online racing simulator
How to make those NOOBS pay
(14 posts, started )
Hi, it's me TaDy the skinner you all know. Today i want to warlab Drift Server and spotted a guy

LFS USername josen1 who edit one of my public skin without authorization and claims that it's his private skin

here are the pics of the stolen skin + original skin + skinfile

EDITED SKIN BY josen

Original skin

Skinfile :
http://www.mediafire.com/view/ ... elwswbbv/XRT_RF_86NFS.jpg

the bodykits used was my 2011 AE86 skinkit

how can we get rid of those stealers who stole everything

is there a way to ban them?
I fear, one has to live with it. It's a problematic topic and I remember threads like this from 8 years ago.
yeah anyway copyrights might help
-
(Iginla) DELETED by Scawen : spam post and a reply to a spam post
-
(tadydrift) DELETED by Scawen : spam post and a reply to a spam post
#4 - Abone
welcome LFS Tady.
We cant do anything unfortunately.. i see few times kids steal private skins also, LFS have nice public skins and this kids prefer steal skins 512x512 in skins_x folder. not make any sense, these are the children of today.
People have been complaining about this for years. Bottomline is that there is nothing you can do about this. You could perhaps negotiate some bans with the owners of individual servers but there is no general solution. I suggest you ignore it, it's just a skin...
Quote from tadydrift :Hi, it's me TaDy the skinner you all know. Today i want to warlab Drift Server and spotted a guy

LFS USername josen1 who edit one of my public skin without authorization and claims that it's his private skin

here are the pics of the stolen skin + original skin + skinfile

<snip>

Skinfile :
http://www.mediafire.com/view/ ... elwswbbv/XRT_RF_86NFS.jpg

the bodykits used was my 2011 AE86 skinkit

how can we get rid of those stealers who stole everything

is there a way to ban them?

Did Speedhunters give you permission to use their logo? Intellectual Property works both ways.
yeah you are right on this point
#8 - Ped7g
One possible solution:
try to enjoy the fact, that somebody likes your work so much, that he steals it and uses it as foundation of his own creation. It's sort of "this is good work" award with digital wares...

I mean, there are sad people, who release their stuff with "free to use for everyone" license, and nobody ever cares... (I know them, I did release few of my fun code pieces, never ever received any feedback for some of them Smile ... and yeah, they were total crap) You are already better TaDy. Big grin
-
(Kid222) DELETED by Kid222
#9 - 5tag
Welcome to the internet... There is no technical protection, so I think it's pretty naive to assume every single one of those that get their hands on your stuff will follow your rules.

I like Ped7g's approach, personally I've only ever asked not to remove the credits on my skins.
thats a shame :/
a solution would be, to change the skin format for the downloaded skins. But not only change the file format name, it has to be changed the infile format.
sure, it would be a question of time, till someone will build a convert tool for that.

so finally, Ped7g solution is the best one atm Smile
do what everyone do in this kind of situation, get over it,
many times got my skins stolen and only the first time annoyed me, after that is a stupid and simple skin and didn't give a F anymore

if they are using it you should feel pride because someone took the job to search the skin, edit, and upload to lfsw

until SCAVIER don't come with a solution you have to eat it and keep racing
Play on well known servers like Maxxis Drift Server, USQD, most of the noobs over there are already banned.
Quote from MousemanLV :Play on well known servers like Maxxis Drift Server, USQD, most of the noobs over there are already banned.

Noobs don't have anyhing to do with this issue. Don't know why the OP used that word at the tittle...
Quote from Ped7g :One possible solution:
try to enjoy the fact, that somebody likes your work so much, that he steals it and uses it as foundation of his own creation. It's sort of "this is good work" award with digital wares...

I think this is best.
However it depends on the skin: Using someone's private skin or teamskin is bit like stealing/copying that player's online identity. That would be quite unoriginal and lame.

But for replica skins of existing cars/designs I feel it is different. Those are not the skinner's design, even if they brought them into LFS. Of course such work deserves credit/respect, but can one be angry at player who sees an iconic paintshop in LFS and wants that on his car, too?
They do not re-upload or go around claiming to be original creator, they just want to use it.

If you want to be recognized as creator then make it as public as possible.
Post it in skins forum, if possible with the project files. If "noobs" are going to modify it they might as well do it in best possible quality, not from the lower resolution.
All can see who is original creator, if someone wants to thank you they know where to contact you, others can make their own variants..win-win for all.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG