The online racing simulator
Some Suggestions
(8 posts, started )
Some Suggestions
Hi everyone,

I read the Suggested Improvements log and though a good bit of what I want to say should be improved in LFS.

The first is more of a constructive criticism but for turbocharged cars, when you shift I believe there should be a drop in pressure and a blow off valve firing. It seems a bit odd that a car can shift and maintain full boost pressure from the turbocharger. Mainly because this causes compressor surging and can damage the turbo and engine without having the excess boost vented.

The second is some modding tools/development tools for the community. The reason I say that it should be released is that if we look at the unofficial addons and misc addons sub forums, there are a lot of creative individuals making a lot of great things with what they have. But the way I see it, if the community develops something, who knows maybe it can be integrated into the game. For example in the game Kerbal Space Program, aircraft parts such as wings, fuselage, tails etc were originally a mod, then the mod was added into the base game and the developer was drafted as a game developer. Now I am not saying that hiring a mod developer to help is 100% necessary (thats under your own discretion).

However I do think that with modding tools, the game would be much more expansive. If we look, I can get a model for the XRG for example and make it look like a Nissan Skyline. From what it seems like, all that would be needed is to modify this model with a correct "frame" for use and then that's another car. I only see a few issues with this though, for example licensing would probably disallow the use of most real life vehicles, and what I just said about attaching a model with a "frame" is most likely incorrect.

Anyways thanks for the read.
#2 - Abone
I agree with you, but in my opinion the priority is tracks mods like assetto corsa for example. making new cars or real life car for lfs is not so easy dude,for some reason we dont have scirocco in LFS. i test 10.000mods by users and every mods changed physics, so is not so realistic to driving. People in LFS use mods because car looks nice , not because driving is realistic to be honest.
Quote from Abone :I agree with you, but in my opinion the priority is tracks mods like assetto corsa for example. making new cars or real life car for lfs is not so easy dude,for some reason we dont have scirocco in LFS. i test 10.000mods by users and every mods changed physics, so is not so realistic to driving. People in LFS use mods because car looks nice , not because driving is realistic to be honest.

Oh I agree with you fully. I was using cars as an example. I would love for someone to make a large open map that I could do a giant cops vs robbers game with friends or something stupid like that.
Quote from manesag :I would love for someone to make a large open map that I could do a giant cops vs robbers game with friends or something stupid like that.

Yeee that would be cool! I've always dreamed for a game like let's say Test Drive Unlimited (or even GTA when it comes to simple vehicle fun in multiplayer) with Live for Speed physics... That would be epic.
Quote from R@fiXII :
Quote from manesag :I would love for someone to make a large open map that I could do a giant cops vs robbers game with friends or something stupid like that.

Yeee that would be cool! I've always dreamed for a game like let's say Test Drive Unlimited (or even GTA when it comes to simple vehicle fun in multiplayer) with Live for Speed physics... That would be epic.

Exactly, and its already possible with the Westhill map on the open layout. Just need to find people to play it with.
#6 - Abone
in TC citydriving you have it, you just don't have a gun XD
Quote from Abone :in TC citydriving you have it, you just don't have a gun XD

Yeah but I doubt they would want to do cops vs robbers XD
by cops vs robbers I mean a hide and seek esque game where the robbers hide/run from the cops while the cops have to catch the robbers.
Yes , in [TC] Servers , you can be a [COP] and chase speeders/wrongsiders/drifters , and all things Smile

Some Suggestions
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG