The online racing simulator
LFS on Steam?
(58 posts, started )

Poll : LFS on Steam

Good idea
Bad idea
But LFS team can do much better than AC team if they where the same number, and LFS has a very nice netcode, it not AC at all. ^^
AC is a joke, it's for kids still having that poster above their bed of their favorite car. It has nothing to do with simracing. I said it a year ago, and I say it again, there is no single serious race league going on there. The only serious race activity which is going on is on Iracing and Iracing is not on Steam. Conclusion, Steam is not needed.
iRacing is on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/266410/

But I agree the hyper-focus on "real" cars and tracks as the hallmark of a good sim is baffling.
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Scawen : attacking another member in unpleasant way
Quote from cargame.nl :AC is a joke, it's for kids still having that poster above their bed of their favorite car. It has nothing to do with simracing. I said it a year ago, and I say it again, there is no single serious race league going on there. The only serious race activity which is going on is on Iracing and Iracing is not on Steam. Conclusion, Steam is not needed.

I compared LFS to AC with my mind set on the 3D side, but instead you improve the debate with respectful discussion, you picked the opportunity to start a bashing campaign toward AC, and this "joke" is still a sim even without a proper netcode, many people including myself are enjoying this game as we enjoy what LFS have good to offer.

don't you think it's time to grow up and stop treat people with names, what on earth did i said to being treated 'kid'?, this is not a hate thread toward LFS to being so quickly pissed off, so please don't start a flame war and pollute this thread every time.
-
(cargame.nl) DELETED by cargame.nl : need to leave people alone which doesn't achieve anything in life coz waste of time
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Scawen : attacking another member in unpleasant way
In my opinion LFS has only one chance to come back. They have to bring out S3 and it MUST be the sim overall. I don´t think you will get the old lfsdrivers back. they cutted away with LFS mostly. They´re looking here and there in forums but overall i havnt seen any of the old topdrivers for years now. Even i am a big fan of lfs and i was very late with jumping over to iRacing. But i.E. hte new Westhill. I noticed its release and also got some chats with active drivers who said its awesome. But it didnt get me on the track. i updated my lfs a week ago when niceguy and firemike joined me here at my living place to have some fun on autocrosslayouts. And i am also not in the mood to test the track. because there is not really the competition like 2 years ago. LFS needs to get a update wich bring a lot of new drivers in. And i think thats the hardest thing to do.
TIL: The truth is "attacking".
Quote from cargame.nl :
Not much going on there heh.. Cannot get that enthousiastic about those numbers.. 4, 5 servers with some attention and thats it.

sure would rather race on those servers than be forced to choose between one S2 server that actually runs races that is always full and 300 demo servers where i can race the same combo i've raced since 2006. AC has leagues just like LFS and those servers are not run 24/7

apples to oranges if you ask me

edit: i just read your posts on this page above, please take your blinders off. you know literally nothing about AC, its coding, or its league activity Rofl
Quote from cargame.nl :AC is a joke, it's for kids still having that poster above their bed of their favorite car. It has nothing to do with simracing. I said it a year ago, and I say it again, there is no single serious race league going on there. The only serious race activity which is going on is on Iracing and Iracing is not on Steam. Conclusion, Steam is not needed.

Quote from ToxicKlay :
Quote from cargame.nl :
Not much going on there heh.. Cannot get that enthousiastic about those numbers.. 4, 5 servers with some attention and thats it.

sure would rather race on those servers than be forced to choose between one S2 server that actually runs races that is always full and 300 demo servers where i can race the same combo i've raced since 2006. AC has leagues just like LFS and those servers are not run 24/7

apples to oranges if you ask me

edit: i just read your posts on this page above, please take your blinders off. you know literally nothing about AC, its coding, or its league activity Rofl

Everybody knows it doesn't have pit stops, refuelling or driver change. Too busy mugging people for endless Italian car licenses to actually make the base game into a quality sim.
Quote from ToxicKlay :Everybody knows it doesn't have pit stops, refuelling or driver change. Too busy mugging people for endless Italian car licenses to actually make the base game into a quality sim.

it has actually pit stop only in the multiplayer.

look like the success of AC are pissing off some people here Uhmm, but you like it or not it's still a good example to how a platform play a great role to make your game successful even if you are independent.Petals
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Given LFS' current state, more marketing isn't always a good thing.

That's a very good point. But I still voted yes because "Moar money!" for the devs. Putting this on Steam AFTER S3 comes out would be a much better idea.
Quote from lfsrm :
Quote from ToxicKlay :Everybody knows it doesn't have pit stops, refuelling or driver change. Too busy mugging people for endless Italian car licenses to actually make the base game into a quality sim.

it has actually pit stop only in the multiplayer.

look like the success of AC are pissing off some people here Uhmm, but you like it or not it's still a good example to how a platform play a great role to make your game successful even if you are independent.Petals

I sit corrected on the pit stop. Why would the success bother me? I bought the game and I am quite happy for it to be as good or better than LFS but it's not and that's just a fact, no matter how many people play each game. Scawen and Eric have put off releasing more paid for content for years whilst the base game that everyone has already paid for is worked on and perfected to their liking. Kunos released a version 1.0 without even basics for sim racing and are already on their second DLC. That's the difference in the attitude of the two sets of devs. But instead of appreciating that, armchair experts keep on creating threads where they tell them how to run their business.
Quote from englishlord :I sit corrected on the pit stop. Why would the success bother me? I bought the game and I am quite happy for it to be as good or better than LFS but it's not and that's just a fact, no matter how many people play each game. Scawen and Eric have put off releasing more paid for content for years whilst the base game that everyone has already paid for is worked on and perfected to their liking. Kunos released a version 1.0 without even basics for sim racing and are already on their second DLC. That's the difference in the attitude of the two sets of devs. But instead of appreciating that, armchair experts keep on creating threads where they tell them how to run their business.

Wait a sec! we spoke only about graphics and the benefits/cons of steam business modele, it's you and cargame.nl who start thinking that we are bashing lfs and praising AC, calm down guys! don't throw your hate attitude at use so easily, your extremism are making you blind about some obvious truths.

don't you like to see LFS with better graphics and more content ? so we can enjoy even more the acutal mp system, and with more people to have racing more often compared to the actual situation with almost only cruise servers, it's obvious that we can't change the devs mind with only that, but it's not prohibitive to make some suggestions and discussion about LFS future, isn't it ?
Extremism? I think it's more extreme to go to a different forum/website and continuously talking about some other game. It's like owning a Renault and going to the BMW forum and saying that you have so much more buttons on your car and that BMW -needs- to create that too otherwise you never buy BMW (again). Despite most buttons are totally useless.

I have AC myself by the way, for ages.. And I don't like it.. But I don't spam their Facebook or forum for this because it's a total waste of time. They have a different money making model, simply by outputting as much as 'cars' as possible no matter if those cars are in any way reach some realism to it's real life counterpart. It can be a tactic, trying to trick some car fanatics into buying their packages.. It's a short term tactic and it's OK, money flows in. But I stopped paying for their creations, because the multiplayer foundation is pretty crap and they don't spend any time on it improving this because they can't and money flows in anyway so why bother.
Quote from cargame.nl :Extremism? I think it's more extreme to go to a different forum/website and continuously talking about some other game. It's like owning a Renault and going to the BMW forum and saying that you have so much more buttons on your car and that BMW -needs- to create that too otherwise you never buy BMW (again). Despite most buttons are totally useless.

Bro, what the f*ck ? It's not about AC, it's just an example to explain that having a better team to have more content (and why not real content) and better graphics can be a really good addition to the game we all love.
Really? Well, who would have thought about that .. Great idea!
Quote from cargame.nl :Extremism? I think it's more extreme to go to a different forum/website and continuously talking about some other game. It's like owning a Renault and going to the BMW forum and saying that you have so much more buttons on your car and that BMW -needs- to create that too otherwise you never buy BMW (again). Despite most buttons are totally useless.

I have AC myself by the way, for ages.. And I don't like it.. But I don't spam their Facebook or forum for this because it's a total waste of time. They have a different money making model, simply by outputting as much as 'cars' as possible no matter if those cars are in any way reach some realism to it's real life counterpart. It can be a tactic, trying to trick some car fanatics into buying their packages.. It's a short term tactic and it's OK, money flows in. But I stopped paying for their creations, because the multiplayer foundation is pretty crap and they don't spend any time on it improving this because they can't and money flows in anyway so why bother.

we should add lfs to steam, at least we can have more servers with multi-class racing as cargame was doing

tbh lfs mp is practically dead, you only found cruise servers and demo and NOW there is no actual racing server to jump in right away to race as the contrary of AC were you have no less that 200 servers with at least 20 with multi-class racing, not to mention Nordschleife with free practice wich is allways with ppl doing laps and looks like a bad joke but steam expanded the amount of servers and ppl playing ac

not to mention i did a bit of my own reserch and mentioned several times Live for speed in AC chat and from 100ppl 5 know about lfs and others say "Is on steam"? what game is that?

lfs is under the radar right now and you have to know a bit of racing sim to reach the word "LFS"

sorry if derailed with the comment
"We" can't add LFS to Steam, as we're not the developers.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :"We" can't add LFS to Steam, as we're not the developers.

o sorry i was referring us as a whole, but you are right ( for once Razz ), scavier should add lfs to steam

as i see it, more ppl, more servers, more activity or is my idea bad?
Quote from Inouva :
Quote from dawesdust_12 :"We" can't add LFS to Steam, as we're not the developers.

o sorry i was referring us as a whole, but you are right ( for once Razz ), scavier should add lfs to steam

as i see it, more ppl, more servers, more activity or is my idea bad?

Steam doesn't ensure activity, it just ensures more eyes will see it.

It can equally be "bad" press as people will buy it, try it, realize that the graphics are quite outdated/content is non-real/other general complaint, and leave a bad review, dissuading any future purchases and actually reducing any potential chance after a large scale update of LFS gaining any significant traction on a platform like Steam.
Worse then this is not really possible. So if Iracing can use Steam as propaganda then LFS maybe could do it too but nobody has any idea what going on 'underneath the hood'. Maybe Iracing is paying for this way of advertising. It's unclear what demands Steam/Valve have of gamedevs, they want money, I guess.
Quote from cargame.nl :Worse then this is not really possible.

I think that worse than this is easily possible. LFS might not be in the best shape but this is a opinion shared mostly amongst some part of the current LFS community. If the development picks up the pace, the tables might turn in a some time. Putting in on Steam in its current state and having everybody complain about its high difficulty, outdated graphics and a vacuum of additional features would literally be a suicide for the project. Gaming market doesn't give second chances easily.
this is conversation after S3 release. if S3 is good, yes LFS on steam is good thing, before is suicide.

LFS on Steam?
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG